CHAPTER 32 – QUALIFIERS START!
127 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 32 - QUALIFIERS START!

[Gladiatrix System Tips: Command Card Rarity]

[Command Cards have rarity types, which are Common [C], Rare [R], Super Rare [SR], Super Super Rare [SSR], and Unique [U]. Common cards are generally the Command Cards that can be seen in almost every Gladiatrix System, while Rare Cards are one in a hundredth. Super Rare cards are one in a thousand, and Super Super Rare is one in ten thousand. However, Unique Cards are those which only have one copy out of all the system circulations]

I had to keep those Card Rarities in mind to choose Command Cards that will help us in the Battle Fiesta qualifiers. I have spent three nights researching and doing simulations for my deck, and I’m planning to do an all-nighter to finish this tonight.

Tomorrow is the qualifiers after all, so I have to be prepared. I’m getting excited because this will be my first official Battle Fiesta entry with Raynevere. I dreamt of participating in this event for a decade already!

Wait, I have to be serious about this. Raynevere’s company is on the line. And there is also that issue about the masked Kaiser who beat us to a pulp. This is no longer a game.

Raynevere has extra cash set aside for our budget in our Command Cards Deck. I can buy more cards by connecting my Kaiser Watch to the internet and browsing the marketplace. Kaisers usually trade in these kinds of sites for strengthening or collection purposes.

So far, we only have up to SR Command Cards. SSR and Unique cards will cost a fortune, so I will only buy one if it’s necessary.

According to the site I’ve searched, a Cyber Elf Gladiatrix will benefit well in attack power since they already excel in agility. Buffing them with Skill Cards or Equip Cards to enhance strength will be suitable for Raynevere.

[Skill Card: Bonk Hammer Purchased]

[Equip Card: Dual Assault Rifle x2 Purchased]

[Equip Card: Rail Gun Purchased]

[Equip Card: RPG x2 Purchased]

[Skill Card: Striker Wing Blaster x2 Purchased]

[Skill Card: Rail Blaster Purchased]

[Skill Card: Homing Arrow x2 Purchased]

I only bought long-ranged SR Command Cards and modern or futuristic Equip Cards to enhance her attack damage. Raynevere told me that she trained in taekwondo in self-defense (and to scare off creepy guys and stalkers) so I am confident about her short-ranged battle prowess.

My overall battle plan is to defeat the enemy from long range. In today’s meta, the best way to win is to bring down the enemy as soon as possible. I will be focusing on attacking the Kaiser once the opponent Gladiator leaves an opening. That’s how we lost to the Masked Kaiser after all.

It was already four in the morning when I finished editing my deck to perfection. Probably.

<>

Today is the day of the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta Qualifiers.

The battle is held in the Saltside City Coliseum, which is the biggest arena for Gladiator Battles in the whole of Saltside City. Since it’s still the qualifiers, most of the audiences are fellow Kaisers and Gladiators/Gladiatrices who will also be participating in the battle. Everybody was busy at this event, and it was quite populous.

For an awkward introverted guy like me, it’s like hell but I can’t contain my excitement! There’s this nauseating movement in my stomach, and I’m sure it’s just the thrill of the incoming fight!

“Let’s do our best, Mister Elzane!” Raynevere cheered me up.

Raynevere’s battle suit is an elegant white frilly dress with yellow ribbons, long, saggy detached sleeves, a red pleated skirt, and white thigh-high boots. Her outfit makes her a lot cuter which makes me wonder if she’s planning to fight or go on a fashion show. She even tied her long dark gray hair with a red ribbon so that it won’t hinder her while fighting.

“Y-Yeah!” I pumped my fist with a smile full of excitement.

I’m wearing a standard fitted black-and-white battlesuit with metal plates to protect me from harm. I also wear a red jacket to match Raynevere’s motif, and I have goggles on my head.

Suddenly, one of the coordinators approached us. He is reading his notepad while occasionally glancing at our faces.

“You are… Entry Number 112. Elzane Chaldeas and Raynevere Treenity, is that right?”

“Yes, that’s right!” Raynevere jollily answered.

“Your fight begins after that Gladiator Battle in the Seventh Arena. Be prepared.”

“Yeah, alright!” Raynevere said with enthusiasm.

The Coliseum is divided into ten mini arenas to accommodate all the fights that will be taking place today. I heard that there are about one thousand applicants, and only 128 will be left for the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta. To expedite the eliminations, all applicants participating today will fight three times against three different enemies.

Losing a battle is not an option as it will eliminate us from these qualifiers. So Raynevere is right. We have to do our best right at the very start.

Suddenly, a hologram screen popped right in front of our faces!

[Applicant 112 and Applicant 724, please proceed to the Seventh Battle Arena]

That was our cue for our first battle!

3