CHAPTER 36 – A CYBER KNIGHT’S MOTIVATION
141 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 36 - A CYBER KNIGHT’S MOTIVATION

Two down, one more Gladiator Battle to win these qualifiers!

“We did it, Mister Elzane!” Raynevere hopped with joy. She offered two brand new high-fives to me, which I immediately accepted!

“Yeah! Nice work, Miss Raynevere!” I happily said.

“You too! You’re an amazing Kaiser!” Raynevere replied with a kind smile.

I fell in love for the hundredth time when I saw that innocent joy she have. I now feel good about myself since our second win is the result of our teamwork, with her battle IQ and my tactics in handling Command Cards. This celebration is well-deserved for both of us!

“Shall we watch at the bench?” Raynevere offered.

“Alright!” I said.

As we exited the arena, I felt a sharp cold glare coming from the audience seat. I looked up and saw the purple cat Himeno looking at us. Her crimson eyes gave a feeling of fright piercing my bones. If only stares like that could kill, she’ll be a convicted murderer right now.

“Mister Elzane, let’s go. Just ignore everything and focus on these qualifiers.” Raynevere muttered. I couldn’t see her facial expression because she was leading the way, her back facing me.

I just nodded and followed my Gladiatrix until we climbed the stairs and sat on an empty audience seat. I opened up a bottle of ice-cold water while Raynevere wiped her sweat with a clean face towel.

I immediately saw from above an ongoing battle in which Esthesia and Firius are participating. Currently, they are facing a Cyber Orc-type Gladiator and a dwarf Kaiser.

The Cyber Orc enemy is a seven-footer-tall macho man with tusks reaching his cheek. He had his hair tied in a man-bun, and he is equipped with leather armor. His preferred choice of weapon is an orc mace.

On the other hand, the dwarf Kaiser is a midget in his middle ages, with a black beard, thick lips, and a slightly chubby build. He is wearing an orc’s helmet to protect him from probable direct attacks.

“Activate Skill Card: Flame Enchant!” Esthesia revealed her Command Card, and Firius’ broad sword was coated with flames!

With the power of flame elemental boost, the Cyber Knight Firius clashed weapons with the opponent Cyber Orc! Sparks fly and a weak shockwave made the dust around them disperse! The fire broad sword and the orc’s mace clashed for the second time, the third, and the fourth, putting up all tension in the air!

“Activate Skill Card: Gigantify Weapon!” The midget Kaiser activated his Command Card, and the Cyber Orc’s mace bulked up and tripled in size! Now that the Cyber Orc’s weapon is as big as his whole body, his power must have raised tremendously!

“Hraaaaaah!” The Cyber Orc roared as he raised his giant mace and smashed it into the Cyber Knight! Judging from the warcry of the Cyber Orc, he’s using his full force just to raise the absurdly gigantic weapon!

“Dodge!” Esthesia cried.

Firius followed Esthesia’s advice, but alas, dodging won’t matter in this case. The moment the Cyber Orc’s giant mace smashed the ground, earth debris blasted in every direction like a live grenade! A large chunk of rock smacked Firius straight to the face!

“Uwah!” Firius cried as his body endured several debris hits!

The Cyber Knight rolled on the soil, his limbs fully battered. He lay down on the ground motionless as if he has lost consciousness.

“Hehehe! Now, a direct attack on the blonde lady!” The enemy dwarf Kaiser roared.

“Hrrraaaah!” The Cyber Orc made another war cry, and then started to charge at Esthesia with full throttle! The ground shook every time he took a step as he endured the weight of his gigantic mace.

Even at full speed, the Cyber Orc is still considered slow. But that doesn’t matter as each time the Cyber Orc swings his mace, area-of-effect damage will be dealt because of the debris flying around!

Esthesia’s eyes were about to burst out tears. She held her chest, trying to suppress her emotions. Sure, she is a crybaby, but she’s trying hard not to do an embarrassing outburst right now!

“Firius!” Esthesia cried, but the Cyber Knight is not responsive. It looks like Firius is finally out.

Ten meters. Eight meters. Five meters.

The Cyber Orc’s gigantic weapon is just right above the blonde lady Kaiser. With a slight twist of the Cyber Orc’s right arm, he readied to smash the enemy for a direct attack!

“If we win, I’ll sit on your face!” Esthesia hollered.

Right at that moment, the red-head Cyber Knight’s eyes glowed red. It looks like he was awakened from the dead with triple energy than before!

In the nick of time, Firius blocked the gigantic mace with his flaming sword!

“You will never touch Esthesia! Not on my watch!” Firius made his battle cry as he pushed the enemy weapon away! 

2