CHAPTER 37 – A GOOD MATCH AND A DEATHLY STARE
125 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 37 - A GOOD MATCH AND A DEATHLY STARE

Firius’ motivation is on point. At least he’s honest with his feelings, and he used such kind of bold words from Esthesia to rise again and fight.

“Firius!” Esthesia cried with mixed feelings of disbelief and happiness. Now that his knight in shining armor is back in the fight, she can now wipe the tears from her eyes and channel her bravery to finish this fight!

“Grah!” The Cyber Orc shouted, mustering his strength to push down the giant mace towards the Cyber Knight. However, Firius’ sword won’t budge!

“Haaah!” Firius made a shout to parry the giant mace that has been clashing with his weapon for a while now. The Cyber Orc enemy staggered upon realizing the fact that his enemy managed to put his mace away!

“I-Impossible!” The Cyber Orc cried.

“Esthesia, finish this!” Firius shouted.

“Right!” Esthesia swiped one of the hologram cards and raised it in the sky! “Activate Skill Card: Garuda Buster!”

At that moment, Firius’ sword was coated with flames. Everything went red as the embers flew around like fireflies. The Cyber Knight raised his weapon in the sky and then made a horizontal slash aiming at the Cyber Orc’s torso!

“Burn to dust!”

A flame phoenix was created from the sword slash that has a wingspan of three meters! Since the Cyber Orc was hit at a point-blank range, he was not able to avoid the attack!

“Gaaaah!” The Cyber Orc roared as he was driven by the burning garuda up in the skies. They raised the altitude until they are ten meters up, and then the phoenix burst into tiny sparks!

“Now is that time, Firius!” Esthesia cried as she pointed to the enemy Kaiser! “Direct attack!”

With a quick kick off the ground, The Cyber Knight boosted in speed breaking the sound barrier. He quickly reached the enemy Kaiser who is startled by the current sudden happenings in the battle!

“W-What the-”

“Uwooooh!” Firius swung his sword as swift as a falcon’s dive!

The arena went silent for two whole seconds. After that, the enemy Kaiser fell to his knees. And then, a hologram announcement was made.

[Battle Finished]

[Applicant 211 Wins]

“We… We won!? We won!” Esthesia cried in disbelief. She’s still the same crybaby as we know her, but at least it’s not because of frustration or fear, but out of happiness.

“We did it!” Firius pumped his fists and made a wide innocent smile.

<>

“Those two look good together, aren’t they?” I said with a smirk.

“Yeah. They have the synergy.” Raynevere nodded.

“I wonder if Esthesia is going to keep her promise though, about her sitting on his face,” I muttered while blushing a little. I somehow wish I had that deal with Raynevere.

“Hmm? What are you murmuring about?” Raynevere tilted her head.

“N-Nothing.” I shook her curiosity off me. I tried to look away and whistle, but my reddish face is giving some dirty thoughts away.

“Oh, Mister Elzane! Look!” Raynevere immediately changed the topic to my advantage. She pointed at the First Arena where a battle is taking place once again.

Just before I could glance in that direction, there was another bang! The First Arena was filled with smoke and rubble. It took three seconds for the dust to be cleared and then we saw a Kaiser and Gladiator piled up in the middle of a crater with a giant claw mark.

As expected, the culprit of that one huge overkill explosion was once again the purple cat rival of Raynevere. Himeno Yuusha.

Just like her first battle, this second battle of hers left her unscathed. I haven’t seen how she fights since her battles seem to only last under ten seconds, but she’s displaying her power here.

The purple cat briefly glanced in our direction. Unlike the first crimson glare we had, I’m getting used to the feeling of pressure and fear she’s emitting.

“Let’s go.” Himeno turned away and started to exit the arena, like a serial killer who just finished an assassination. Her cold and cool demeanor makes her a professional who only cares about doing business and nothing else.

“Yes, Miss Yuusha.” Her Kaiser answered with a salute. Is that Kaiser her lackey or something?

Raynevere and I are fully aware that Himeno is just treating all her opponents as a stepping stone to fight us. That purple cat does not care if she even accidentally kills her enemies or not.

Suddenly, a hologram prompt opened in front of my face.

“Look, Mister Elzane! Our final battle in these qualifiers!” Raynevere said in excitement.

2