CHAPTER 38 – TOMBOY’S FLIRT
121 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 38 - TOMBOY’S FLIRT

This is the final stage of the qualifiers.

If we win this fight, our seat in the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta will be guaranteed. If we lose here, our journey to become the Champion will abruptly end before we even get started. Since this is our last battle for the day, we have to give it our all like our life depends on it.

Forget it, Raynevere’s, and my whole life depends on it. If we’re not strong enough to win these qualifiers, we’re as good as dead if the Masked Kaiser appears once again. Also, Himeno Yuusha will take over Treenity Innovations, the company Raynevere’s family propagated for decades.

Right now, my Gladiatrix and I are standing at the edge of the Third Arena. At the other corner of this battlefield is a middle-aged man wearing a black leather jacket, tattered jeans, and rubber shoes. The man has long black hair and he is wearing shades. He wears the same new model of Kaiser Watch that I have, which means he is the Kaiser.

His Gladiatrix is a tomboyish blonde girl wearing a tank top, short shorts, and a blue jacket. She has this broadsword resting on her shoulders as if the weapon does not cut her. I’m judging that this Gladiatrix’s model is a Cyber Knight, the same as Firius’.

Suddenly, a hologram HUD appeared right in front of our faces.

[Applicant 112 vs Applicant 002]

[Battle Start]

“I’ll charge forward! Old man, keep up!” The tomboyish Cyber Knight charged forward with breakneck speed!

“Mister Elzane!” Raynevere said as she also bolted forward.

Right before I could reply with a nod, the Gladiatrices' weapons clashed! Sparks fly as the Cyber Knight’s sword is confronted with Raynevere’s bladed bow!

Taking this as a time-consuming stalemate of weapon clash, the Cyber Knight decided to kick Raynevere out! Good thing Raynevere also chose to do the same kicking move!

“Haaah!”, “Hyaah!”

The soles of their feet clashed, pushing both Gladiatrices away! Now that they are ten meters away from each other, the enemy Gladiatrix took this opportunity to do small talk.

“You’re quite good at close quarters combat for an archer, lady. You look good and you kick ass! You’re my type!” The lesbian Cyber Knight smirked.

“I’m sorry, Miss Knight. I don’t swing that way. And I’m already engaged.” Raynevere smiled back.

“Boohoo to me, being rejected by the very first Gladiatrix I found myself interested with.” The tomboyish Gladiatrix exploded with sarcasm.

Meanwhile, I’m just there getting pissed that my betrothed is being flirted at. Yeah, I know that Raynevere just rejected her, but seeing her talk to another man or even another woman who’s also interested in her makes me explode in jealousy and rage!

I will make that lesbian knight eat something she deserves!

“Activate Skill Card: Bonk Hammer!” I revealed my first Command Card!

In an instant, a gigantic hammer materialized on Raynevere’s hand! With full force, she smashed the hammer towards the opponent Cyber Knight!

“Whoa!” The lesbian Gladiatrix cried before getting pummeled to the ground!

A big crater was formed because of the impact, and the earth started to pop out from the arena. Regretfully, the Cyber Knight was able to dodge the attack so she didn’t get herself killed, I mean, unconscious.

“Hey! Chill out, young man! That flirty talk is just a joke!” The Cyber Knight protested.

Meanwhile, the middle-aged sunglass Kaiser made a sigh. “That’s what you get for sweet-talking an opponent Gladiatrix.” He muttered to himself.

“Hey old man, help me out here, will ya!?” The lesbian knight roared.

“Okay, but don’t get yourself killed. You have enraged our opponent Kaiser enough.” The opponent with sunglasses said.

“You got it, so help me out already!” The enemy Gladiatrix replied.

“Activate Equip Card: Knight Armor!” The enemy Kaiser finally activated his first Command Card!

Plates of metal materialized on every part of the lesbian Cyber Knight’s body until she is now equipping a steel exoskeleton that is used to protect people back in the middle ages. Every time she moves, a metallic noise clanks.

“I will no longer go easy on you, Milady!” The Cyber Knight shouted as she charged forward!

The lesbian knight swung her sword, but it only hit the air thanks to Raynevere’s quick dodges. For the next three sword slashes, Raynevere did acrobatic flips until she could gain distance.

It is safe to note that the Knight Armor Equip Card did not lessen the enemy’s attack speed one bit. Her attacks are still as fast as back when she was not wearing the armor.

“Haah!” Raynevere fired three consecutive arrows towards the enemy Gladiatrix, but all arrows bounced off!

“Your arrows will not work against me! Surrender now, Milady!” The tomboy knight roared as he prepared for another reckless charge!

1