CHAPTER 39 – TO OUTSMART AN OUTSMARTING
105 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 39 - TO OUTSMART AN OUTSMARTING

Glowing energy arrows flew around the arena as Raynevere continued to fire shots with her bladed bow. However, all those attacks are meaningless due to the enemy Cyber Knight’s Knight Armor.

“I told you, it’s futile! Haaah!” The tomboyish Cyber Knight swung her sword once again.

Raynevere managed to evade it barely by bending to the left. Now that they are close to each other, it was Raynevere’s chance to do another series of closed-range attacks!

“Haah! Hyah!” My Gladiatrix shouted as she unleashed swift kicks that hit the enemy’s torso and neck. However, all it did was make a loud clang on the enemy’s armor, making it clear that Raynevere’s kick didn’t do any damage at all!

“Useless!” The armored Cyber Knight roared as she smashed the sword to the ground, barely missing Raynevere once again!

Rocks fly as a result of the impact, and my betrothed only took damage from those flying pebbles because of the slash. Raynevere knew that she was in a more disadvantageous position in the closed range, so she decided to fire an arrow at the Cyber Knight’s helmet to briefly block the enemy’s vision!

After doing that, Raynevere tumbled a few meters away from the opponent knight. She is still aiming the bow at the enemy, but she knew everything she unleashes will be for naught.

“Tsk.” Raynevere wiped the sweat that is running on her neck.

We’re running out of spaces to run. The Knight Armor Equip card nullifies all incoming projectile and ranged attacks, and the only thing to break it is to use a powerful melee assault. Raynevere’s kicks won’t do. I do have two melee-type Skill Cards in my deck, and I already used one which is the Bonk Hammer.

As for that one other melee card, I haven’t drawn it yet. All I have in my hand is a non-attack Skill Card that won’t change the tides of the battle, and Counter Cards which are not the solution to break the enemy’s armor.

A lightbulb flashed in my head. I do not need to break the enemy’s armor to win this fight. I just need Raynevere to focus on one goal.

“Raynevere, fire your arrows towards that bastard!” I pointed at the armored Cyber Knight. “I’ll do the rest!”

My Gladiatrix did not give any hint of doubt or hesitation. She just briefly looked at me with her purple eyes and she nodded!

“Whatever you’re planning, it won’t do good!” The Cyber Knight stood proudly. She raised her sword and started to parry the first three arrows Raynevere has unleashed!

“Now charge at the enemy head-on!” I shouted.

Raynevere immediately bolted forward with her quick light steps!

“Oh, so you’re coming to me? Instead of running away, you chose to haphazardly go with close-quarters combat?” The Cyber Knight ran her mouth. Then she also bolted towards the charging Raynevere with a shout! “Come at me then!”

“Now fire your arrows towards my direction!” I shouted out loud.

Raynevere’s eyes opened wide in disbelief for just a split second, but she fired three arrows anyway. This is my cue to do what I have in mind!

“Activate Counter Card: Atack Portal!” I revealed the Command Card that has been raised a few moments ago.

A dimensional rift opened right in front of me that immediately ate all the three arrows Raynevere has unleashed. Then, with my right hand, I pointed it to the left side of the enemy Kaiser, and another dimension rift was made! Three arrow tips peeked, ready to strike the enemy Kaiser directly!

That’s right! If I cannot defeat the Gladiatrix, then I only have to defeat the Kaiser! That’s the main point of Gladiator Battles anyway, and I’ve been doing this countless times already! We just need to put the enemy off guard!

But the enemy was not off-guard.

The middle-aged Kaiser smiled. He revealed a hologram card in his hand and countered my creative sneak attack!

“Activate Counter Card: Knight Guard!”

The Cyber Knight teleported towards the enemy Kaiser’s spot, pushing the Kaiser backward. The armored Cyber Knight took all three arrows to her heavily fortified breastplate which rendered my direct attack useless.

“Haha! Too bad, we outsmarted your outsmarting!” The Cyber Knight teased.

“Then I will outsmart your outsmarting my outsmarting!” I laughed out loud as I revealed my final Command Card in this fight! “Activate Skill Card: Position Swap!”

In an instant, I teleported and switched places with my enemy Kaiser. Now, I’m just behind the enemy Cyber Knight!

“Stupid! You’re wide open!” The Cyber Knight yelled as she turned around and raised her sword, ready to attack me directly!

However, she was too late. I already knew the outcome of the fight, so I just smiled.

Before the sword was about to hit me, the system made a buzzer!

[Battle Finished]

[Applicant 112 Win]

2