CHAPTER 47 – RAPTOR AMBUSH
95 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 47 - RAPTOR AMBUSH

I was surprised that the Striker Wing Blaster has taken down eight Cyberdemons in just one sweep. I thought that we will only be able to graze some of them, but Raynevere’s aim using the drones is on point!

“N-Nice work, Miss Raynevere!” I cheered out loud.

“It’s all thanks to you, Mister Elzane~” Raynevere smiled.

However, it was too early to celebrate. It was already late when we discovered that there are nine Cyberdemons and not eight, and now the only enemy left is charging toward my betrothed!

“Graaaah!” The Cyberdemon roared!

Raynevere was taken by surprise. I was about to activate a Counter Command Card, but then a meteor fell from the sky!

“Horeyaaaa!” A loud teenage boy’s shout echoed!

There was a loud crash as the meteor fell upon the Cyberdemon! After the explosion, a red-haired Cyber Knight revealed himself with his giant sword impaling the back of the Cyberdemon!

“Now you owe me your life, Raynevere Treenity!” the blonde teenage girl shouted from a distance. It took three seconds of running before she finally closed into us.

“Y-Yeah. Thank you too, Miss Esthesia.” Raynevere forced a smile.

The red-haired Cyber Knight withdrew his sword and went to our group. Then we all four gazed upon the burning hospital. Thick smoke is now covering the dark skies which makes the stars impossible to see. The flames are already severe that it brightens up the place.

We can hear the mixed sirens of the firemen and the police forces. The firetrucks started bombarding the burning hospital with water, but then the firemen started to flee.

“Graaaaah!” A Cyberdemon made its appearance and threw rocks at the firetrucks and police cars.

All those vehicles that were hit by boulders were immediately turned into crumpled metals. Soon, there are three more Cyberdemons who went out of the hospital windows, ready to give more destruction in the area!

“There’s more of them there!” I pointed at the scene of chaos.

“Let’s go, Firius!” Esthesia cried as she immediately ran towards the battlefield.

“Raynevere, let’s-”

I failed to finish my sentence when I looked at Raynevere who is quite stunned. Her purple eyes are fixated on the top of a skyscraper a block away from the burning hospital. Her attention cannot interfere at this rate.

I squinted my eyes and saw a silhouette from afar. It was a dark-cloaked man with a black mask, and the shadow-tinted vizors reflects the burning hell of the scene behind us. There was also this vampire-like woman with long black hair and a dark gown, with red eyes glaring at us.

The familiar witch smiled creepily when she realized that we sensed their presence.

Raynevere clenched her bow as if she were trying to break it. She bit her lip, trying to suppress the emotions she has been enduring. Finally, we meet the Masked Kaiser once again.

I was consumed by fear for a second, having those traumatic flashbacks coming to me on our first encounter. But I decided to brace myself. I don’t know if we’re ready to take them down, but we have no choice.

It’s either we win or die at this rate.

I looked where Esthesia and Firius are fighting. They are busy pummeling and slashing Cyberdemons who seemed to be coming in great numbers. There were additional five Cyberdemons who were not there on my initial count.

The Cyber Knight slashed his enemies with his flaming sword. He even used his elbows, his knees, and sometimes his fists to blow the Cyberdemons away. Esthesia on the other hand kept on supporting Firius with Skill Cards and Counter Cards to minimize the damage to her Gladiator.

It seemed to me that they can handle the small fries themselves. I will just focus on the enemy right in front of us!

“Let’s go, Raynevere!” I declared with a determined smile.

“I’ll be counting on you, Mister Elzane!” Raynevere answered as she immediately bolted up in the skies to catch up to the Masked Kaiser!

It only took a second when she finally made fifty meters up in the sky. Now that Raynevere was on her effective range, she aimed her bow ready to snipe the Masked Kaiser in one blow!

“This will be my revenge!” Raynevere announced as she fired her energy arrow from her bladed bow.

However, just before she could release the arrow, the skyscraper window next to her broke. The shattered glass echoed in the atmosphere as another enemy made its appearance!

“Raaaaaaaah!”

It was something similar to a Cyberdemon, but its form is not even humanoid or demon-like. It takes the form of a raptor with several metallic spines on its back, razor-sharp claws on its arms and feet, and grinder-like teeth on its lizard-like head!

With its tail full of metallic spikes, it smashed Raynevere toward the ground!

1