CHAPTER 48 – TRUST ME
69 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 48 - TRUST ME

Seeing Raynevere get hit by the dinosaur-like monster’s spiky tail, I immediately raised a hologram card!

“Activate Counter Card: Damage Block!”

There was a loud explosion where Raynevere crashed. She ended up in an abandoned grocery store, destroying glass walls as a result of her downfall.

However, Raynevere herself is fine. She stood up with only a few scratches on her arms due to the raptor’s tail spikes, but she did not suffer any damage from her crash. It’s because the Counter Card Damage Block negates all damage to the Gladiatrix!

“There’s another one, huh?” Raynevere muttered.

“What the heck was that? Is it a Cyberdemon too?” I asked.

“Maybe, just a modified one. I think it will take a bit of time to put that one down.” Raynevere said.

“Raaaaah!” The Cyberdemon Raptor roared out loud as it landed on the asphalt. Its arms revealed scythes ready to rip anyone into shreds. It scratched the floor with its hind leg, and then immediately bolted forward!

“Activate Skill Card: Quicksand!” I revealed another Command Card.

At that moment, the ground in front of the Cyberdemon Raptor turned into sandy mud! It absorbed the enemy’s foot which made it trip to the sticky soil!

“Rah!”

“Take this!” Raynevere fired three arrows toward the stuck Cyberdemon Raptor!

However, just before the energy arrows hit the mark, the Cyberdemon Raptor unleashed spikes all around its body to deflect the projectiles! Now it looks like a giant curled hedgehog!

“My arrows won’t penetrate! And I don’t want to kick that spiky monster either! We need another form of attack!” Raynevere suggested.

I swiped my hand and redrew five Command Cards. While I’m thinking about another way of assaulting the Cyberdemon Raptor, I saw a sudden red flash from above!

“Watch out!” Raynevere cried.

My Gladiatrix jumped towards me, and my face was accidentally dipped in her rich breasts. I fell on the ground with my back, but thankfully Raynevere is protecting my head with her arms!

“W-What was that!?” I muffled through her chest.

“That witch! She’s trying to snipe you with lasers again!” Raynevere roared.

As soon as my betrothed released me from her grasp, she helped me stand up. I looked up at the skyscrapers and saw the black witch and the Masked Kaiser watching from afar. The witch in the black dress still has this creepy smile on her face, silently telling me that I should watch over myself.

“We need to deal with that Masked Kaiser and the witch, but I don’t want to leave you behind that spiky monster,” Raynevere said.

“Let’s deal with them both. I have a plan.” I said to my betrothed as I swiped one of the hologram cards and activated it! “Activate Skill Card: Smokescreen!”

A gray-colored arrow with a grenade-shaped tip materialized on Raynevere’s bow. She aimed it down to the ground and fired it immediately! As a result, smoke-filled a wide area of effect!

“Raaaaaaah!” The Cyberdemon Raptor cried as it tried wiggling out of the quicksand. That monster is still stuck, but it will be a few moments before it can get out of that trap.

“Raynevere, go chase the witch. Let me deal with the Masked Kaiser.” I said as I swiped another Command Card from the system.

“Are you sure?” Raynevere asked worriedly.

“Trust me! And let’s make haste, the smokescreen is wearing off.” I said in a hurry.

“Good luck then, Mister Elzane!” Raynevere said as she blasted off into the skies.

Raynevere made it out of the thick smokescreen, but there is one problem: The Cyberdemon Raptor is already free from the quicksand! The dinosaur monster jumped and ricocheted from building to building trying to catch up with the Cyber Elf!

“You’re persistent!” Raynevere cried. She was about to aim her bow, but then-

“Activate Skill Card: Flame Jolt Strike!” Esthesia’s voice echoed in a distance.

“Horeyaaaa!” Firius came charging with his Aerial Board at full speed, and then smashed the Cyberdemon Raptor with his flaming sword!

“Raaaah!” The Cyberdemon Raptor fell and crashed to the ground!

“Don’t forget that we’re still here!” Esthesia announced as she held her head up high and put her hand on her hips.

1