CHAPTER 49 – TRICKED BY A TYPICAL NOBODY
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 49 - TRICKED BY A TYPICAL NOBODY

“Miss Esthesia!?” Raynevere suddenly halted midair when she saw the blonde teenage Kaiser making her appearance.

The Cyber Elf is quite surprised to see Firius and Esthesia barging into our fight. But we are not complaining because we need some extra hands right now.

“Shouldn’t you fight against the Cyberdemons?” Raynevere asked.

“Your boyfriend made the fight much easier. He activated the Quicksand Skill Card and spread it all around the place, and most Cyberdemons were swallowed by that mud. All I had to do is to have Firius pummel all their heads like watermelons!” Esthesia said.

I smiled. Esthesia was right about me activating the Quicksand Skill Card. When we’re fighting the Cyberdemon Raptor, I spread its effects towards the other battlefront. Sure, the Quicksand’s power to make enemies stuck went way weaker, but at least I managed to hit almost all our enemies at once.

I made that plan so that Firius will buy some time for us against that Cyberdemon Raptor. Now we only have to worry about the Masked Kaiser and the witch above the skyscraper!

“Go!” Esthesia shouted.

Raynevere nodded, and then she immediately blasted off upwards.

The skyscraper where the Masked Kaiser is standing in is about a hundred floors. It will take three seconds for Raynevere’s Striker Wing to rev up to maximum speed, and one second to reach the target.

However, it will not be an easy task before the witch in the black gown has already readied her next move.

“Activate Skill Card: Meteor Shower!” The Masked Kaiser shouted with his cybernetic voice! He raised one hologram card in the air!

The witch spread out her arms and then numerous flaming boulders materialized. All those burning rocks surged down as they aimed for Raynevere!

With her quick reaction time and flight speed, Raynevere evaded all those meteors that come close to her. If she is not able to avoid it, she uses her arrows to shatter through the flaming boulders. She uses her kicks to repel all those falling rocks if it comes much closer!

After four seconds, Raynevere managed to climb to the top! She readied her long leg to smash the witch’s face!

“I got you!” Raynevere shouted.

“You arrogant stubborn bitch!” The witch gritted as she grew irritated. With a quick hand flick, a crimson sword materialized on her hand and managed to block Raynevere’s kick!

A shockwave reverberated through the area. The Cyber Elf exerted her whole momentum and weight for that kick, but it was blocked by the witch!

Suddenly, the Masked Kaiser revealed another Command Card! “Activate Counter Card: Equip Negate!”

In that instant, Raynevere’s Striker Wings turned to specks of dust. Equip Negate is a Command Card that dispels any Equip Card that is in use, which explains the Striker Wings disintegrating into ashes!

“Ah!” Raynevere was about to fall but then she managed to hold onto the edge of the skyscraper building. Then she pulled herself up and somersaulted to the rooftop like a gymnast!

Just before the witch turn around to face the Cyber Elf, Raynevere made a swift sweeping kick that made the woman in the black gown outbalanced. Then, Raynevere made a roundhouse kick toward the enemy’s hip!

“Gah!” The witch cried as she was launched towards the generators of the rooftop. Electric sparks flew all around and debris fluttered like a fountain.

Having no obstacle in front of her, Raynevere pulled out her bow and aimed an energy arrow at the Masked Kaiser!

“This ends now!”

“You’re right. This ends now.” The Masked Kaiser laughed. “And you will lose miserably as before. You never learn, Raynevere Treenity!”

“N-No!” Raynevere cried.

All of a sudden, the witch rocketed from the crash site, revealing her red wings. Her crimson eyes shone in the middle of the night and then pointed her finger toward me, who is left defenseless back on the highway.

“Activate Skill Card: Laser Snipe!” The Masked Kaiser said.

The witch’s index finger glowed red, and there was a beam of light that is much faster than any eye could blink. The laser made a hole in my forehead in an instant!

“Ah.”

However, it was not me who is standing in the middle of the highway. It may look like me, but it’s nothing but a hologram illusion.

“What the!” The witch lady muttered.

“Impossible!” The Masked Kaiser exclaimed. “Did we got tricked by that typical nobody!?”

“There’s no way I would fall over the same trick twice!” I loudly announced.

When the Masked Kaiser turned around, he finally saw the real me, who is relentlessly charging toward him. The moment I was a meter away from him, I arched my right arm, pivoted with my left foot, and carried all my weight and speed of my body to my right fist.

“Oh-!”

As my full-forced punch landed on his masked face, I shouted out loud!

“Who are you!?”

1