CHAPTER 142 – WE. WILL. WIN!
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 142 - WE. WILL. WIN!

“Lock and load!” I cried out loud.

Rayne took my command and then used another Striker Wing Sword as a makeshift bow. As she unleashed her next supersonic arrow, a shockwave ensued, making her long dark gray hair flap around.

“Hah!”

The Striker Wing Sword arrow was about to hit the opponent Cyber Seraphim, but the opponent used his sword to slash through the arrow into clean halves! The remains of the projectile were redirected to the other empty grounds, creating a small crater upon impact!

“One more!” I shouted once again.

“Roger!” Rayne replied as she loaded her bow once again with a supersonic arrow. There are three Striker Wing Swords left, so we have three literal shots at this to take the opponent down.

“It’s our turn now!” Irida spread out her arm and smiled wide. “Arth, go into offense!”

“Your will be done!” The Cyber Seraphim spread its six wings and then launched into the sky, aiming at Rayne!

The flight of the Cyber Seraph is not as fast as Rayne on her Striker Wings, so we can still properly fire our next arrow in time. With that maneuvering inflexibility, I don’t think the opponent will dodge anyway, so this is also the perfect time for one last long-range attack!

“Fire!” I shouted.

“Hah!” Rayne shouted as she unleashed her next Striker Wing Sword.

Just before it could go supersonic during its launch, the Cyber Seraphim made a complete 360-degree turn and slashed the arrow midway! The remains of the arrows just hit the ground, creating more craters in the soil!

“Rayne, watch out!” I cried.

“Hraaaah!” The Cyber Seraphim managed to close in and raised his sword, ready to slash my Gladiatrix in half!

In the nick of time, Rayne was able to draw out her remaining Striker Wing Swords into a dual wield, and then she nosedived towards the enemy, intending to clash their blades!

Sparks showered from the skies, and the weapons clashing unleashed echoing metal clanks. The Cyber Seraphim would unleash medium-speed sword slashes, but it would be parried by the Cyber Elf’s quick dual slashing skills!

Rayne managed to see an opening and tried to thrust her Striker Wing Swords into the chest of the opponent. However, the transcended Gladiator has armor all over his body. He was not able to be damaged at this rate!

“Huh!?” Rayne was surprised by this revelation.

“This battle is ours!” The Cyber Seraphim bashed his shield to Rayne, which resulted in the Cyber Elf’s downfall!

“Kyaaah!”

It was a quick crash to the ground. Debris flew away, and another concave on the battlefield was formed. Dusty smoke filled the crash site, and being unable to see Gladiatrix’s condition made me worry.

“Rayne, are you okay?” I asked.

“Huff… puff…” Rayne is heaving.

When the smoke faded, I saw her in a scarred state. Her battle dress is tattered, and she took considerable damage on the opponent’s shield bash and that fall. She has scratches and dirt on random parts of her body, but she can still fight nonetheless.

“I’m fine!” Rayne said as she struggled to stand up. Her knees are shaking, which means she took a considerable injury to her spirit.

I clenched my fists. The opponent is already going all out, and they manage to break out of the bricking counter strategy and Rayne’s long-range barrages. I cannot hold back in this fight.

I raised my hand and swiped my third and last Command Card for this battle. With vigor in my heart, I shouted out my ultimate card out loud.

“Activate Transformation Card: Cyber Fairy Queen!”

A pillar of light manifested in the skies and showered down on my Gladiatrix. The light particles healed all her wounds and reformed her dress into a short wedding gown. Pixie wings sprouted on her back, and a white-winged crown materialized on her head. Crimson stardust particles showered during each move.

“So you have gotten serious now, Elzane Chaldeas.” Irida Nanahara smiled.

“Yes. I acknowledge your power. That is why I am going all out.” I answered with a confident smirk.

“Too bad, I cannot match your last activation with my third Command Card. You saw through my strategy, and I will admit that the rest of my cards here are worthless Skill Card Counters. I would not be able to support Arth at this rate, but it’s okay. My angelic knight will take care of the rest.”

“The same goes for Rayne. I have trust in her abilities. That is why we. will. Win.”

Rayne raised her hand and then shouted a series of reactivation cards. It’s like speed-casting a spell and doing a combo all the while.

“Striker Wing! Striker Wing Sword!”

Striker Wings manifested on Rayne’s back, and these very wings’ metal pinions separated and formed into a sword. With a swift hand movement flick pointing toward the opponent, three Striker Wing Swords were launched toward the enemy!

“No way! Three at once!?” Irida cried.

The Cyber Seraphim cannot do anything but block! One, two, three supersonic projectiles blasted on his shield, making a loud explosion! Chunks and plates of metals fell on the floor. And after that, there was silence.

The Cyber Seraphim’s shield has been completely blasted to smithereens.

0