CHAPTER 148 – SWARMING INSECTS
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 148 - SWARMING INSECTS

The Master-Grade Kaiser and Gladiatrix Champion is not doing good against the Cyber Dark Lord who has just awakened his latent powers. The Cyber Dark Lord had all his wounds healed because of the mysterious aura of the gigantic hologram cyber skeleton engulfing it.

“Tch!” Master Siferas rose from the debris where she crashed and wiped the blood flowing from her forehead. “Now we’re back to square one!”

“Auntie, we might not be able to hold him for long,” Nigel said. “We need to use a decisive blow to destroy that monster.”

“We have used the Transformation Card and the Repeat Damage. Your negates will have no effect as Raynevere Treenity is not using any Command Cards.” Siferas muttered. “Do you have our last trump card ready?”

“No.” Nigel shook his head. “I will have to reshuffle until I can activate it.”

Reshuffle is a feature in the Gladiatrix System where the five hand cards will be brought back to the deck, and then the Kaiser will have an opportunity to randomly draw five new cards that will constitute his new arsenal. Reshuffles are not allowed in any Gladiator Battles nor in Battle Fiesta, which is the reason that it is rarely talked about.

Reshuffle is only useful in life-or-death situations where you need to activate a specific Command Card. It will take ten seconds for the reshuffling process to finish, and even that is not guaranteed to draw the card you need in the specific situation.

“I will buy you some time!” A distant voice echoed.

In an instant, an armored black knight landed like a missile at the center of the arena. This black knight is carrying a short blonde teenage girl in a frilly dress. The lass immediately hopped off her knight’s grasp and swayed her bob-cut hair.

“Esthesia has arrived, and I will protect Auntie!” The blonde girl proclaimed.

“Master Nigel, please start the reshuffling!” Firius under the Dark Knight Armor said.

“Okay!” Nigel nodded in affirmation. “Try not to die!”

“We may not be as strong as you two, but we had training with Miss President and that talkative purple cat! There’s no way we’re going to die like a dog here!” Esthesia said as she swiped her Kaiser Watch, creating five hologram cards.

The gigantic astral half-skeleton spread out its hands, ready to perform a ground-shaking clap aiming at the dark knight! In the nick of time, Dark Knight Firius managed to hop from that attack, and then raised his buster sword for a decisive blow!

“Activate Skill Card: Garuda Buster!” Esthesia used her Command Card.

Firius’ giant sword became engulfed with flames, and then with a single swing, a phoenix formed as an air-slash! The burning projectile then blasted towards the astral skeleton’s head, which created a smoky explosion!

“Got him!” Firius celebrated.

However, it was too early. When the smoke faded, the astral skeleton was revealed to be undamaged! To make things worse, the giant skull now had its eye sockets glowing red!

“Raaaaaah!” The Cyber Dark Lord who was controlling the mechanical giant roared. And then two heat vision lasers manifested on the steel titan’s eye sockets!

“Firius!” Esthesia cried.

“Oh shi-!”

The laser blasted on Firius’ body, and the metal armor chunks that once protected him showered all over the field. The Cyber Knight himself was burnt on his right shoulder, and his body launched towards the audience’s seat in the coliseum. Luckily, most of the people have already evacuated.

“Gah!” Firius cried as he spit out dust he swallowed due to his hard landing.

Without his Dark Knight Armor, Firius is now vulnerable to any attack. The Cyber Dark Lord did not waste any time jumping towards the staggered Cyber Knight and then used his astral skeleton arm to create mystic codes.

“Small fries like you should die early!” Raynevere the psycho laughed maniacally as she pressed another red button from her hologram keyboard. “Third Code: Integrated Circuits, Entered!”

The gigantic cyber skeleton that Raynevere calls Deus Ex Machina created two swords of light from each of its large mechanical hands. These swords ripped the fabric of space as it was brought down towards the helpless Cyber Knight!

“Wa-”

“Activate Skill Card: Chain Bind!” A masculine voice echoed.

All of a sudden, astral chains materialized to bind the Deus Ex Machina’s arms and neck, preventing it from doing its deadly blow against the worn-out Cyber Knight. But before the Cyber Dark Lord could even react, he was met with another scream!

“Horeyaaaah!” A ferocious shout has once again echoed around the sides of the arena. And then, a swift kick towards the giant skeleton’s face was made, putting it down and bound to the ground!

“Phew! I arrived on time!” Ryan Radars sighed and then wiped away the sweat on his temple.

Himeno Yuusha landed right in front of Firius. With a smiling face, she lent her hand to the injured knight.

“I can’t have you guys die yet. Remember, I need to beat you up so our President can give me the ticket to Hawaii.” Himeno smiled.

“Wait, that condition still holds?” Firius tilted his head in confusion, but he accepted Himeno’s hand.

“I will tell that to Miss President myself once that annoying black swordsman and that psycho Raynevere is dealt with,” Himeno said.

Meanwhile, the homicidal maniac Raynevere is gritting her teeth. She momentarily paused her reformatting on her Gladiator System as she was enraged upon seeing more people ganging up on her.

“No matter how many of you insects swarm up, you will still die like flies! Fourth Code: Microprocessors, entered!”

0