CHAPTER 149 – COMBO CANNON
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 149 - COMBO CANNON

At the activation of the Fourth Code, the mechanical skeleton materialized steel fibers and wires to coat its body. It is now covered with a metallic muscular system, with its face starting to look human-like, except it now has three faces on each side.

The Deus Ex Machina roared in supersonic, making it hurtful to the poor eardrums of whichever hears it. The police and SWAT members used to fire their assault rifles at the psycho Raynevere Treenity who is still hiding below her mysterious shield, but now that they heard the giant titan god’s cry, all they can do is curl up and die. Their eardrums exploded, making blood splatter outside their ears.

“Ahahahaha! This is great! The Mechanoss Avatar is an Elder God! Mere sensing its cry is enough to wipe out all worthless worms!” Raynevere Treenity laughed.

Master Siferas, Firius, and Himeno seemed to be unaffected by the Elder God’s cry. On the other hand, their Kaisers Nigel, Esthesia, and Ryan were only irked and had a simple headache.

“Tsk. It seems that the Gladiators and Kaisers had developed immunity because of their installed systems.” Raynevere Treenity said. “But oh well, I will just destroy you lot in the old-fashioned way.”

The Deus Ex Machina manifested four more arms on each of its armpits, and now it looks like a thousand-hand Buddha statue that is made of gears, wires, and steel. All these arms curled, and unleashed a barrage of flaming punches!

“Activate Skill Card: Fury Charge!” Ryan activated his Command Card, and Himeno’s long cat claws glowed.

The Cyber Dark Panther charged forward while unleashing barrages of X-slash, parrying every punch the Deus Ex Machina makes. However, the steel god’s attack speed accelerates twice every time their attacks connect!

It took about five whole seconds before the Deus Ex Machina was able to score a punch against’ Himeno’s gut!

“Gah!” The purple cat cried as she was launched downward!

The other fists followed, hammering the poor armored panther deeper and deeper toward the crater of the impact! However, Ryan has a powerful counterattack for this continuous assault!

“Activate Counter Card: Physical Reflect!”

A bubble of cybernetic shield manifested and covered the Cyber Dark Panther’s body. One by one, the punches of the steel titan were deflected by this bubble, creating dents all over its fists! But, the Physical Reflect barrier is starting to wear out as cracks start to materialize!

“Activate Skill Card: Meteor Slash!” Esthesia raised her card in the air.

Firius jumped forward and buffed his buster sword with earth and fire energy. With his momentum and weight, he charged down towards one of the steel titan’s shoulders and smashed his sword with full force!

“Hraaaaah!”

An explosion was made, and chunks of metal, dirt, and burning pebbles showered around. The Meteor Slash managed to cut halfway deep on the steel god’s shoulder, but it was not enough to bring it down.

“Get clear!” Master Siferas shouted out loud. “I am going to finish that ugly thing once and for all!”

Hearing that, Firius and Himeno jumped away from the frontlines and let the Gladiatrix Master take the stage. But before that, Nigel will be the one to take the attention.

After doing the reshuffle over and over again, he managed to draw his final trump card. It took over a minute until he finally drew his one-of-a-kind ultra-rare card that won him a lot of Gladiatrix Battles.

“Activate Skill Card: Combo Cannon!”

Siferas spread out his right arm, pointing at the steel titan’s head. Her arms materialized a gigantic cannon tube that gathered photon energy around, and then fired a laser blaster towards the head of the Deus Ex Machina!

The steel god did not incur any damage, but it was not the main purpose of the Combo Cannon. Just like the Combo Sword, the Combo Cannon stuns the enemy as soon as it hits, and permits the Kaiser to activate another Skill Card if he manages to draw one and continue the process until the combo is over!

[Combo Start]

“For the first card, I drew a Garuda Buster!” Nigel revealed out loud.

Siferas crossed her dual swords, and it unleashed a gigantic phoenix projectile that hit the steel giant’s head!

“For the second card, I drew a Dragon Missile!”

Siferas stabbed one of her swords in the air, and a swirling flaming dragon darted toward the steel giant’s chest!

“For the third card, I drew the Sword of Antiquity!”

Siferas magically fused her sword into one, gigantic blade of light, and then brought it down towards the Deus Ex Machina!

“For the fourth card, I drew-”

“I am not permitting you to ruin my Outer God Ritual!” The psycho Raynevere Treenity shouted. “Fifth Code: Entered! Artificial Intelligence!”

All of a sudden, a blast shockwave occurred, destroying the Deus Ex Machina's outer parts and scattering them all over the battlefield! Because of this space-shattering explosion, Siferas was interrupted and put to the ground.

Nigel’s Gladiatrix System showed a message.

[Combo Failure]

Their assault may have failed, but Siferas still harbored a determined smile on her face. She may be ragged and put to the ground, but it seems that she still has one more card to play.

“Do it, Rayne!” Siferas cried.

All of a sudden, a gigantic arrow of light went through the steel giant’s chest, also hitting the Cyber Dark Lord’s heart clean.

0