CHAPTER 150 – SNIPER DECK
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 150 - SNIPER DECK

Rayne and I were able to enter the battlefield a few minutes back.

When we got ourselves to the topmost part of the arena, Master Siferas, Himeno, and Firius were already engaging the enemy. Most of the SWAT teams have already evacuated the area, and the Kaiser and Gladiator securities are just on standby. They knew that they would just be on Master Siferas’ way if they tried to help.

There would be more casualties if they moved. That is why it is in their best interest to let the expert combatants handle this kind of situation.

“Zane, back me up! I’m going to rush in!” Rayne said.

She was about to dash off, but I held her wrist to stop her.

“Zane?” Rayne tilted her head. Then she looked at my right arm that is covered with bandages. “I-I’m sorry. I will not be reckless. You better hide.”

“No. We better hide.” I said.

“But I have to stop Raynevere!” Rayne cried.

“We will stop her together, but let’s do it the smart way. At our current condition, we will just get in the way of those three.” I said.

I tapped the Kaiser Gauntlet that Irida Nanahara gave to me as her parting gift. The HUDs of the Gladiatrix System are still the same as my Kaiser Watch, but I can see one completely different menu. It must have been installed by Irida Nanahara in her capacity as a Numbered Kaiser.

[Hypermode Off]

“Zane, if you use the Hypermode… You might not be able to take it.” Rayne said in a worried tone. “Only the Numbered Kaisers can handle these mods in their brains.”

“I will use it as a last resort if worse comes to worse. But I still have one other card for us to play.”

[Activating Combat Mode]

Five hologram cards materialized right in front of me. There are five decks that I’ve made for Rayne to utilize depending on the situation. I have the Anti-Cyberdemon Deck which specializes in defeating Cyberdemons, the Battle Fiesta Deck which is the one I used for the majority of the Battle Fiesta, the Anti-Irida Nanahara Deck which I recently used to counter Irida’s counterplan.

The fourth deck in my arsenal is the Training Deck which I used to test combos. For the final deck, I have the Sniper Deck which utilizes Rayne’s firepower if ever she was in an advantageous position. I will have to use this deck for this battle.

[Sniper Deck Set]

[New Command Cards Ready]

Five new hologram cards manifested right in front of my eyes. I gave Rayne a nod and a smile.

“Let us finish that steel giant in one big blast,” I said.

“Right!” Rayne excitedly pumped her fists. Then she manifested her white bow on her hand and aimed at the mechanical god.

[Battle Start]

As soon as the system beeped, I immediately unleashed my arsenal of cards.

“Activate Skill Card: Double Damage.”

Rayne’s energy arrow turned red as she drew her bowstring.

“Activate Skill Card: Fire Enchant.”

Flames engulfed the charging arrow.

“Activate Skill Card: Wind Enchant.”

A swirling tornado accompanied the stick of the arrow.

“Activate Skill Card: Piercing Enhancement.”

A glint sparked on the tip of the charging arrow.

“Activate Skill Card: Double Strength.”

A pinkish-crimson aura engulfed the Cyber Elf’s body.

At this moment, I’m all out of Command Cards, so I conducted a reshuffle. As soon as five new cards appeared in front of me, I immediately saw the ultimate card to rule them all.

“Activate Transformation Card: Cyber Fairy Queen.”

The Cyber Elf’s whole body was engulfed with light, and then this light mask burst into dust. Rayne has successfully transformed into her Cyber Fairy Queen state, multiplying her parameters and giving her the ability of Command Card Reactivation.

It is now Raynevere’s turn to enhance her attack.

“Double Damage. Fire Enchant. Wind Enchant. Piercing Enhancement. Double Strength.” Rayne chanted all those words, and all the previous enhancement was quadrupled. Her arrow is now getting brighter than the sun.

“Is that enough?” Rayne asked.

“It’s everything available!” I said. “Just one shot! We won't get another chance if we don’t finish it in one blow!”

“Leave it to me!” The Cyber Fairy Queen smiled as a guarantee.

We are lucky that the mechanical god is busy fighting the three Gladiator/Gladiatrices in the arena, and Raynevere Treenity is busy entering her code. We won’t have a chance to charge and fire this shot if they notice us.

“Fifth Code: Entered! Artificial Intelligence!” Raynevere Treenity shouted.

At this moment, Master Siferas’ combo has failed. There was an explosion from the Deus Ex Machina, unleashing a shockwave that injured the Gladiator and Gladiatrices. At this point, Master Siferas noticed us from above.

“Do it, Rayne!” Siferas cried.

I draw out my last Command Card to seal the deal and nail the final coffin against the machine god.

“Activate Skill Card: Snipe Shot!”

“Haaaaa!”

As Rayne unleashed the arrow, the projectile grew its size to triple. The flame enhancement turned green, and the velocity of the arrow turned to almost lightspeed! It was like a giant laser that pierced through the Deus Ex Machina’s armored chest, metallic ribs, and finally its core: the Cyber Dark Lord!

Another explosion blasted, showering the whole battlefield with giant metal chunks. The shoulders, elbows, arms, and the head of the Deus Ex Machina were scattered all over the arena like meteorites.

All there was left in the blast radius was a giant crater that could cater to a whole football stadium and the half-dead Cyber Dark Lord who was barely clinging to his dear life. His dark-plated skin slowly shredded, revealing his true form.

White skin, gray hair, and purple eyes. He seems to be a young adult, about in his late twenties, but his face is familiar. The age gap is quite contradictory, but I’ve seen his face before. Seeing how Rayne reacted, I could never be wrong with the Cyber Dark Lord’s true identity.

“N-No…” Rayne muttered. “W-Why are you working with her…?”

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. I wouldn't say I liked it when I was right. The source of all this craziness: The Cyberdemons, the Numbered Kaisers, and Raynevere Treenity herself. He is the true culprit: Gawainus Treenity in his younger form.

Unable to control her emotions any longer, Rayne hollered out loud.

“Why are you working with her, Grandpa!?”

0