CHAPTER 151 – ANASTASIA
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 151 - ANASTASIA

Gawainus Treenity. His form looks much younger than the grandfather's last time I saw him. He is quite a handsome guy with long flowing gray hair and white skin. His purple eyes glared at us with disappointment.

Rayne was crying quietly by my side. All the other Gladiators and Gladiatrices who are witnessing the reveal of the Cyber Dark Lord ceased the battle momentarily, but I can see that Master Siferas is not letting her guard down.

Hologram binary codes manifested on Gawainus’ torn chest. In just three seconds, the hole in his body completely healed as if he did not suffer any damage at all.

“Grandpa…” Rayne muttered as she slowly descended from the skies and tried to greet her lovely old man.

But Gawainus spread out his arm, gesturing to the Cyber Fairy Queen not to approach anymore. When Rayne stopped moving, I tried my best to catch up down below.

“What’s the meaning of this, Grandpa?” Rayne said with a shaking voice.

“It has nothing to do with you, Rayne. This is all about myself, about fulfilling my dream.” Gawainus said.

“Mechanoss Ascension.” I muttered.

“Yes. I am the author of all the atrocities that Raynevere Treenity has created over the past years. The massacre of my clan, the retrieval of Numbered Kaiser Codes. Everything. I let her run wild, let her experiment on Kaisers, Gladiators, and even Cyberdemons alike. All this for the simple dream to summon the Elder God.” Gawainus said.

“What will you achieve by summoning the Elder God?” Rayne asked. “Why did you shed your blood? Even father died because of Raynevere Treenity! Even I… Even I…”

“You’re just a clone, Rayne. I may have loved you like my real granddaughter, but that’s all you are- a clone. I can always recreate you as long as the original is with me.”

“Ah.”

Rayne’s heart was struck, not by any attack, but by her own grandfather’s words. Her purple eyes trembled, her hands shook, and tears welled up on her.

“You bastard!” I cried.

I was enraged when I heard how Gawainus treated Rayne as a disposable asset. I thought he cared for her even though she was a clone. It is kind of contradictory to see Gawainus treating her favorite granddaughter like this, clone or not.

“One day, you will understand this suffering, Elzane Chaldeas. I just did what needed to be done to summon the Mechanoss into our plane of existence.”

“What the hell are you planning to do with the Elder God anyway?” I roared. “Why is it so important to you that you are willing to cast aside everything, even your humanity?”

“It is… to revive a loved one dear to me. Anastasia.” Gawainus paused. “Anastasia was my first love and my Gladiatrix. She won the Battle Fiesta and gave me the Ultimate Grail. But because of the mystical nanomachines, she suffered an illness and died.”

Master Siferas gritted, but her eyes were blazing with certainty. “You want Mechanoss to revive your loved one.”

“You seem to have done your homework, Gladiatrix Champion.” Gawainus scoffed. “That is right. There is nothing a boundless being like Mechanoss can’t do.”

“Do you think Mechanoss cares for your wishes? Even if he can grant you your wish, it doesn’t matter if he does not agree to it.” Master SIferas said.

“There is only one way to find out,” Gawainus smirked.

The Cyber Dark Lord glanced at Raynevere Treenity who was still busy typing on her hologram keyboard. She is sweating non-stop and panicking internally.

“G-Grandpa! I… I don’t understand! I have already entered the Fifth Code, but it doesn’t seem to react! The Deus Ex Machina could no longer be manifested!”

“It is because it has already arrived on our plane of existence. Mechanoss is an entity beyond all dimensions. It has no form. It needs something to manifest from. It needs… a sacrifice.”

All of a sudden, Gawainus swung his sword straight to Raynevere Treenity! Blood splattered all over the place, and the poor psychotic woman with a burnt face had her upper body slide down from her torso.

“W-Why… Grandpa…” Raynevere sobbed before coughing out blood. Then her upper body fell to the ground.

“You were always the same shit of a granddaughter. Your clone is even way better than you in all aspects. I can’t stand the burnt pizza-looking scar on your face.”

“G-Grandpa…” Raynevere’s eyelids unleashed blood as its tears.

“Now, you can finally have a purpose. Your life, for my love’s life.” Gawainus said, and then he slit his wrist.

A liquid mercury-like substance flowed out from his wound instead of blood. It was the mystical nanomachines of pure quality, a slimy metallic object with its thought. Slowly, the mystical nanomachines spread out and entered the corpse of Raynevere Treenity’s veins.

“Ah… Aaaaaah!”

Raynevere Treenity cried as her appearance immediately morphed into a regenerated metallic skeleton. Little by little, muscles, nerves, and skin formed until Raynevere Treenity was transformed into another being with beautiful flawless white skin, purple eyes, and silver hair. A white dress immediately popped from its naked body. This woman has a metallic ear akin to a Cyber Elf.

On the other hand, Gawainus also had his transformation. His skin became wrinkled, and his hair fell. He reverted to the old Gawainus Treenity as if the fountain of youth rejected him. But even with this negative transformation, Gawainus could no longer hold his excitement and joy.

“Anastasia… I finally saw you again, my love.”

0