CHAPTER 153 – OMNIGATE
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 153 - OMNIGATE

Anastasia’s purple eyes glared at Rayne. She used to act like a total robot when she was fighting Master Siferas and the others, but now I can see a stern look on her face that she is facing my Gladiatrix.

“Zane!” Rayne shouted out loud as she started to charge forward!

“Got it!” I answered back and swiped one hologram card and revealed it up in the air! “Activate Skill Card: Fire Bunny Barrage!”

Rayne jumped with a flying kick, and then her heels became engulfed with flames! As soon as she got closer to the enemy, she unleashed barrages of flaming feet!

“Yayayayayah!” Rayne cried out loud as her foot assaulted the enemy like a machine gun.

Anastasia used her sword to dodge every kick that Rayne unleashed. Fire sparks litter the area, and the sound of metal clanging echoes around the ruined arena. She can keep up the impossible attack speed of the Fire Bunny Kicks, but I bet she won’t be able to block our next attack!

“Activate Skill Card: Tornado Kick!” I revealed my next Command Card.

Rayne performed a handstand and then spun with her legs spread open, creating a hurricane that blasted the opponent Anastasia! It was not a significant damage, but at least we made an opening!

Rayne aimed her bow toward the Mechanoss Incarnate who was launched in midair. I only had a split second to react and activate our final blow!

“Activate Skill Card: Combo Sword!”

At that moment, the arrow that was charging on Rayne’s bow turned into a white sword. Using her makeshift arrow, Rayne unleashed the Combo Sword straight toward the enemy!

However-

“Activate Forbidden Card: Omnigate,” Gawainus revealed his cheating, Command Card.

In that instance, a shockwave blasted from Anastasia and nullified the Combo Sword arrow that was about to hit her. The bladed projectile turned to dust just centimeters before it could even touch the enemy!

“Darn it!” I clicked my tongue.

“Now, Anastasia, show them how the real Ultimate Gladiatrix does her battles,” Gawainus smirked.

Anastasia gracefully landed on the ground, her white skirt fluttering because of the air pressure. After a millisecond, she kicked the soil and then surged towards Rayne!

“Khhhh!” Rayne gritted as she braced herself for the incoming assault.

The Cyber Fairy Queen unleashed a roundhouse kick, but Anastasia ducked to avoid it. Anastasia magically materialized a clear sword from her hand and stabbed Rayne’s left shoulder!

“Gah!” Rayne cried in pain. But she didn’t let it concern her as she continued to defend herself by countering back! “Fire Bunny Barrage!”

Rayne unleashed flaming jabs using her foot and then tried to strike the opponent five, ten times. But all those kicks only hit the air. Not even a strand of Anastasia’s silver hair was touched!

“I can’t hit!” Rayne cried in desperation.

When Anastasia managed to evade and shifted to Rayne’s rear, she once again materialized a slim sword and stabbed Rayne’s back! Then, she kicked Rayne in the face and stabbed another magic sword on her left leg!

“Kyah!” Rayne cried in pain.

“This is over,” Gawainus said as he raised another Command Card. “Activate Skill Card: Meteor!”

Anastasia extended her arm in the air, and the skies opened- revealing a gigantic rock that was flaming due to air friction. It nonchalantly crashed toward the wounded Cyber Fairy Queen!

“Activate Counter Card: Skill Counter!”

A magical shield is manifested to protect Rayne from the falling meteor. As soon as the impact was made, a shockwave echoed, making the walls of the coliseum crumble!

“Useless!” Gawainus laughed out loud. “Activate Forbidden Card: Omnigate!”

As soon as the third cheat card was activated, the Skill Counter barrier was dispelled, and the meteor crushed Rayne head-on!

“No!” I cried out loud. “Raaaayne!”

A blinding explosion occurred, blasting everything at a fifty-meter radius. The chunks of the meteor also crashed onto me, hitting my forehead, my shoulder, and my knees! I even rolled on the ground because of the powerful shockwave of the crash!

After the effects of the explosion, there was nothing but a wasteland. The coliseum looks like it was a thousand-year-old ruin similar to the ones in Greece. There was nothing but sand on the ground.

I heard my blood on the floor. I wiped my forehead and saw reddish-black liquid. My knees ache. My shoulder felt dislocated. I’m in pain in every part of my body.

“Z-Zane…”

It was a familiar voice. Hearing that made me wake up almost immediately and realize the predicament we’re in.

Rayne is no longer in her Transformed state. Her legs were broken, and her right arm was almost shredded. Her clothes are nothing but bloodied rags. Her right eye might have already been pierced by the shrapnel of the fallen meteor.

Gawainus walked forward and looked at the half-dead Rayne.

“You may be a perfect Gladiatrix, but you are just a clone who contains a strand of DNA. Anastasia is the true original—the ultimate one. Surrender now, and accept your fate, Rayne. You too, Elzane Chaldeas.”

“Z-Zane… Run…” Rayne muttered.

I walked in a limp as I tried to reach out to her. Sure, my frail body is already giving up, but there’s no way I would ever abandon the woman I love.

I extended out my arm to her with my gauntleted hand. Surprisingly, the Gladiatrix System is still active. And then I saw it… Our only ray of hope. With my crooked fingers, I touched the hologram button that can turn the tides of this battle.

[Hypermode Activated]

0