CHAPTER 154 – I CANNOT SAVE YOU
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 154 - I CANNOT SAVE YOU

My nerve tingles. Every cell in my body felt like a hot mess, like a sanitary alcohol coating a fresh wound. I can even feel spikes tearing my heart. It’s painful but bearable.

“So this is the Hypermode, huh?” I muttered to myself.

Rayne stood up after that. I have noticed that all her wounds are starting to heal. All her broken bones, all her bruises, are starting to fade. A powerful reddish aura coated the Cyber Elf.

“W-What is that!?” Gawainus’ eyes widened in shock as if he was going to have a heart attack.

Rayne materialized her white bow once more, and a shockwave followed. The powerful gust of wind made Gawainus cover his eyes. But not Anastasia. She is still the same robotic person as before.

“...Zane…”

Rayne looked at me with her passionate purple eyes. I remember that she forbade me to activate the Hypermode- the program Irida Nanahara installed on her Kaiser Gauntlet. Using Hypermode greatly drains the Kaiser’s life force in exchange for the Gladiatrix’s boost of power and health.

Supposedly, only the Numbered Kaiser as high as Irida can use this program. I was surprised when I was able to use it too, but the pain I’m getting right now is much worse. My whole being felt like burning in hell.

But I have no regrets.

“I had no choice. We are going to die either way. It might as well go out with a bang.” I forced a smile, hiding my pain.

“I will finish this as fast as possible, so hang in there, Zane!” Rayne said as she raised her bow.

My Gladiatrix glared at Anastasia for a split second, and then she disappeared!

“Where did she go!?” Gawainus cried.

Rayne reappeared at the left side of Anastasia and then she unleashed a quick roundhouse kick! “Hyaaah!”

In the nick of time, Anastasia blocked the kick with her sword! The impact was so powerful that it made another blast of air! Surprisingly enough, Rayne’s legs are now as durable as steel and she did not even incur any scratch even though she kicked the bladed part of the sword!

Anastasia was pushed back because of the force. She landed ten meters away from her original position, on her feet. Then she materialized two crystalline swords on each hand and then charged forward!

Swords clashed with feet. Rayne is now keeping up with speed and power against Mechanoss Incarnate. Anastasia is now having difficulty taking the offensive, as her swords start to crack whenever they clash with Rayne’s feet!

Soon, Rayne managed to unleash a knee attack on Anastasia’s chin, and then she followed it with a horizontal kick! Anastasia took definite damage as black greasy blood spurted out of her mouth.

“Not bad. At least for a clone.” Gawainus gave a forced smile. She may be commending Rayne, but he cannot hide the nervousness coming from him.

Since Rayne is getting the upper hand, I will support her to finish this battle quickly! I swiped one Command Card from my arsenal and activated it!

“Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing!”

Crimson cybernetic wings spawned on Rayne’s back and she used it to soar up in the air. When she gained a good altitude, she dived down at an accelerating velocity, ready to clash against the Mechanoss Incarnate!

“Activate Skill Card: Rocket Kick!”

Flames engulfed Rayne’s right foot, and then she immediately adjusted it to clash with the enemy!

“Activate Forbidden Card: Omnigate!” Gawainus Treenity countered. At this moment, the fires that raised Rayne’s attack power faded.

“It doesn’t matter! Activate Skill Card: Rocket Kick!” I revealed my second card, and flames reignited on Rayne’s foot!

“What the” Gawainus uttered in shock.

I have thought of this tactic a while back, the moment Gawainus used Omnigate to negate all the Command Cards. Since the Forbidden Card is a cheat itself, I will need to bypass it by bruteforce: to activate one more same card the moment he negates the first one!

“Yaaaaaaaah!”

Rayne boosted with a flying flaming kick and blasted Anastasia’s stomach! A sea of flames scattered around the blast area, making the arena seem like a living inferno!

It was a clean shot. Rayne managed to pierce her foot on Anastasia’s stomach, and now the reincarnated Gladiatrix is lying down on the ground, right next to her lover Gawainus Treenity.

“No! Anastasia, no!” Gawainus cried in pain.

“It’s over now, Grandpa,” Rayne said.

While the evil old man was sobbing, Rayne took the liberty to walk towards him. She picked up one of the crystal swords that Master Siferas used to wield earlier, and then-

“I’m so sorry.”

“Huh?”

In the blink of an eye, Rayne used the crystal sword to pierce the old man’s heart. Blood gushed out from Gawainus’ chest like a broken faucet. Red liquid also oozed from his wrinkled lips. His weak hands started to caress her beloved granddaughter’s soft cheeks, even if she was just a clone of the real one.

“A-Ah…” Gawainus muttered.

Tears started to flow from Rayne’s eyes. Her voice trembled as she started to apologize from the depths of her emotionally torn heart.

“I’m sorry, Grandpa. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. I cannot save you…”

0