Act 1: Blue Ocean Pavilion – Chapter 83: Assemble the Team
1.3k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ivanka sat on the desk and stared blankly at the young boy with gleaming eyes that refused to give in. She chuckled softly.

"I'll leave it to you. If you need anything and it's within my power, then I can help. Please help Frederick." Ivanka bowed and placed her hopes on Oscar and Emily. If anyone can help Frederick, it would be them.

"Please don't bow. You're a Knight Exalt and a Judge." Oscar begged.

After the awkward moment passed, Oscar cleared his throat, "I do need your help on something."

"What is it?"

"Are you able to acquire Hytr Elixirs for me?"

"Hytr?" Ivanka blinked in confusion.

…….

Since Hytr Elixirs were non-graded and not useful for Exalts, there was no issue with Ivanka acquiring a certain amount for Oscar, at a given price, of course.

After being escorted out of the Record Hall, Oscar returned to the Outer Hall and met Elder Saul again.

"Thank you, Elder Saul, for taking me to the Record Hall. It was a fruitful meeting." Oscar bowed.

Elder Saul looked at Oscar. "You remember that I said you'd owe me a favor."

Oscar tensed up. Whatever this mysterious elder wanted would not be simple. But a deal was a deal, and he had to honor his part.

"What does Elder Saul want from me?"

"There's no need to put on such a serious face. I require a heart."

"A heart?!" Oscar quickly placed his hand over his heart. "Surely not my heart, what heart?"

"In the Brilliant Drake Empire, there are several different places, from the golden Hurin Plains to the coasts of the Starry Sea. But one has a notable characteristic. The Floating Islands of Edin."

"Edin? That's far off to the Northern regions of the Empire!"

"Bring back the heart of the Exalt Beast, the Thousand Serpent."

"Thousand Serpent? I've never heard of that Exalt Beast. There's no detail of it in the Creature Report I and II." Oscar was curious about the nature of his prey.

"It is an Exalt Beast at the Elite Exalt realm." Elder Saul explained. "I will allow you to bring four others to help you. Think of this as a secret mission. I'll even give you all some good rewards for your troubles."

Oscar's interest grew when he heard about the rewards of the mission. The part about the Elite Exalt Beast was troubling, but he thought it could be done with a good team. More importantly, he owed Elder Saul.

"I got the chance to look at that Frederick's history. Do you know where he is right now? He is at the Floating Islands of Edin."

These words rang like thunder through Oscar's skull. He looked at Elder Saul wide-eyed, asking if it was true.

"I am not lying. This is also a chance for you to find him and talk."

Oscar bowed and shouted, "I will go!"

Frederick was there. If there were a chance to meet his friend, he would do it.

"Should I go now?"

"No. Go and assemble your team, and I'll meet you at the port in private room 004 tomorrow morning. I will arrange for a special ship to take you there as fast as possible." Elder Saul retreated into his cabin. His day was over.

Without delay, Oscar hurried to the Commune and sent a message to Emily from the postal room. In a matter of moments, Emily came out to meet him.

"Is what you said true?" She grabbed Oscar's shoulders with a harsh grip. Oscar felt thankful for his trained body.

"It's the truth. Elder Saul told me that Frederick is in the Floating Islands of Edin. He's also offered a secret mission for us, and I need three others to come with me."

"Count me in." Emily stated without hesitation.

"I didn't tell you what the mission was." Oscar remarked.

"Hurry up and tell me. I'm still going to knock some sense into that dolt."

The most important part for her was to see Frederick. She didn't care about the mission, only the thoughts about her friend.

Oscar explained Elder Saul's mission. Emily's face paled at the mention of the Thousand Serpent.

"An Elite Exalt! How are we meant to kill something like that? We need to find some strong people." Emily bit her nails. The requirements of this Elder Saul were too high.

"We need to find others who can help us. Try to find one person; I'll look for the other two." Oscar made the recruitment plan with Emily. They had to find people they could trust and be willing to go on this dangerous incursion.

Emily nodded as they split off.

Oscar had one person in mind and went to the Neptune Archives to wait. He would meet up with Celestina today, but that was at night.

With hours to spend, Oscar decided to get as many books on the Floating Islands of Edin and a detailed report of the creatures that reside in them.

As the night fell over the Pavilion, Celestina entered the Archives. She had made sure no one like Lockwood was following her. With a sigh of relief, she found Oscar engrossed in his reading.

The book he was reading was 'The Observations of Edin'. A detailed account of some explorations into the floating islands.

"Are you going to the Floating Islands?" Celestina poked Oscar and asked.

"Wahh!" Oscar calmed down after seeing it was Celestina. "Yes, I am, and I need to ask you for a favor."

"A favor? Fufu. We're friends; you can ask me for anything, and I can help if it's reasonable." Celestina hummed.

"I need to kill an Elite Exalt Beast." Oscar did not mince his words, leaving Celestina perplexed for a moment. It was as though a mechanism had stopped in her head, leaving her face in a funny blank state.

"An Elite Exalt Beast? Are you serious?" Celestina almost raised her voice but was able to contain it.

"It's this…." Oscar explained everything about Elder Saul and Frederick's presence there. During that time, Celestina listened attentively and with great interest.

"Intriguing. I never knew of an Elder like that—especially someone who could give out rewards himself. Every mission has to be posted in the Mission Hall or be a Pavilion-wide mission. Just who is this Elder Saul?"

Celestina held great intrigue and suspicion in her eyes. For such an enigmatic figure to be in her Brilliant Drake Empire was slightly concerning. Though he might be alright because he was a part of the Pavilion, it was strange that he wasn't known to the royal family.

"I promised Elder Saul I would return the favor, and we have to see Frederick." Oscar bowed and pleaded, "Please help us."

The princess was the one person he knew that could help. If she refused, he would understand, but it would make things much harder.

Celestina pushed her hair back behind her ears. "I have wanted to visit Edin for a while, and I can't refuse when my friend needs me. Count me in."

Her emerald eyes radiated great strength and warmth that uplifted Oscar's spirits.

"Thanks!" He smiled. He could not express how thankful he was.

"So tomorrow morning? I wonder what the rewards will be?" Celestina was brimming with anticipation. "Who are the others?"

"There's you, me, Emily, and one person that Emily is recruiting. We need one more. I need to start looking." Oscar closed his books.

"One more…." Celestina pondered and looked at Oscar with her dazzling emerald pupils. "I can get us that one person. He's in the Pavilion right now, and I don't believe he'll refuse my request."

"If so, then I can't thank you enough." Oscar felt relieved, but then a thought came into his mind. "Wait, it's not Gilbert, is it?"

"Who do you think I am? Why would I ask him for anything?" The air trembled around her with her rage as her gleaming eyes glinted dangerously.

"Forget what I said!" Oscar quickly calmed her down.

"Now that that's settled. We have more time for reading!" Celestina returned to her usual book-loving self after that display of chilling anger.

"Fine, fine."

Time passed by as the night grew darker. It was very late.

"I'll return to my dorm. We need to go out early tomorrow." Oscar packed up the books and returned them to the shelves.

"This is the first time we'll be on a mission together! I'm excited." Celestina was beaming with radiant light from her smile. Though it was a dangerous mission, it was still an outing with a friend.

"Goodnight." Oscar quickly departed before any evil thoughts crept into his heart. Celestina's smile was just too enchanting.

'What is this feeling??!'

…….

The next morning, Oscar got up earlier than his early wake-up time. He spent his time outside, waiting for Emily and the other recruit, in meditation. The Ein continuously flowed within.

Any bit more strength he could acquire was a boon for this upcoming journey.

"We're here."

Emily appeared with someone next to her. Oscar was pleasantly surprised when he saw the other member of their group.

"George!"

George Harper, Oscar's opponent in the second round of the Grand Gathering, was a tall, skinny man with black hair. He utilized his bow anima to make long-distance attacks.

At his side was his companion, the Sapphire Hedgehog.

"It's good to see you, Oscar. You've gotten stronger since we last met."

"Not as much as you. I can tell you're a Greater Apprentice Exalt now. How did you do it?" Oscar asked.

"As your senior, how can I fall behind?." George's nose pointed up with pride.

Emily cut in, "George knows everything about our mission. I am surprised he agreed."

"An Elite Exalt Beast is a terrifying foe, but with five of us, we can do it. More importantly, Frederick is there. I don't know what happened, but the three of you need to make up." George gave a thumbs up. "Wait, what happened to your ear?!"

"Then let's go to the port. Our other two members should be waiting for us." Oscar ignored the question.

"Who did you find, Oscar?" Emily asked.

"You'll see." Oscar kept his mouth shut.

The trio arrived at the port and made their way to private room 004, which Elder Saul mentioned. Opening the door, Oscar saw two people waiting inside in their seats.

George and Emily could not believe it. Their eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as they recognized that silver hair, emerald eyes, and a beautiful face that garnered respect and adoration.

"Princess??!!" They shouted.

On the other hand, Oscar was fixated on the other person. He had wavy rose hair and purple eyes. His face was sharp like a sword and very attractive.

"Phillip Raeven?!" It was his opponent that defeated him during the Grand Gathering.

"Oscar Terr? It's nice to see you again." Phillip was surprised but quickly smiled in greeting. Oscar Terr was one of the few opponents that he respected even though Oscar had a Grade Four Exolsia.

Celestina put on her regal presence and smile. She did not let down the Dragnar name with her royal bearings.

Before everyone else could calm down and normally greet each other, a flat and elderly voice cut into their heads.

"Everyone is here. I will explain the mission further." Elder Saul looked at the five children. His eyes paused for a moment on Celestina, but his focus shifted to Oscar.

"This can be a great opportunity for all of you."

41