Act 1: Blue Ocean Pavilion – Chapter 84: Bath Talk
1.4k 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone stared at the elderly man, who looked like a simple frail old man. No one underestimated this elder who suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Celestina tensed up and stood straight, looking at the elder with caution. She couldn't feel a single thing from Elder Saul.

"I requested Oscar to bring back the heart of the Thousand Serpent, a beast that resides in the Floating Islands of Edin. This is to repay a favor, but I've decided to give out good rewards to each of you."

Elder Saul took out five vials of bright moon liquid, the Grade Two Ein Burst Elixir. Oscar, Emily, Phillip, and George showed great desire. Celestina did not react because, as an Elite Exalt, she was entitled to this elixir.

"Now, these elixirs aren't enough compensation. I will also give the five of you a chance to select any spell of your choosing from the Neptune Archives."

Celestina's face twitched. This was a great reward. A free spell without spending contribution points would be a great advantage.

Philip smiled. He had been saving all his contribution points to purchase a great weapon in the future, only using his family's techniques. This was a great chance.

Naturally, Oscar and the others were ecstatic.

"The third and final reward for completion will be all the serpent's parts. You can sell them as you wish. Just bring back the heart."

"The Thousand Serpent resides on the third island. You must go through the first two islands to get there. Typically, you would have to make several stops before reaching Edin. But I've arranged for an airship to take you straight there. Look for the black sails."

Elder Saul turned around and departed with his final parting words, "Stay alive."

The room was silent as everyone thought about the mission's rewards and high risks.

Oscar cleared his throat and spoke in a humoring tone, "Well, I guess it is worth going on this mission."

"Indeed, the rewards are great, but who is this Elder Saul? To have the authority to decide something like this…." Celestina crossed her arms.

"I don't know. I only know he's been here for a while, and he maintains the gardens and fields of the Outer Hall." Oscar chided in.

"Hold on, Hold on! Putting aside the Elder for a moment, how the hell do you know the princess?" George exclaimed.

Oscar and Celestina were met with stares from everyone. Just what was the nature of the relationship between these two?

Gossip and hot topics were particularly popular among young students. Emily, George, and Phillip could not contain their curiosity and continued to eye the pair.

"We met in the Neptune Archives and began sharing our fondness for books. Why? Is there something wrong with being friends with Oscar?" Celestina tilted her head with a smile.

"Nothing is wrong. Anyone can be friends. It's just surprising. In my wildest imagination, I would never have thought the person Oscar talked about was the princess." Emily smiled back. It was great to have another girl in the group.

George was intent on pushing for more details, but Oscar quickly interrupted and said, "We should move to the airship first. The journey will likely take a few days, so we have time later to talk."

What Oscar said was logical to everyone's agreement. They got their things together and headed for the exit.

"Wait! I forgot to do something." Celestina paused everyone for a moment. She retrieved a vial of green liquid and drank its contents with a grimace from its bad taste.

Her silver hair changed into a clean black color while her emerald eyes became blue. She doubled checked herself in a hand mirror with a smile.

"Perfect disguise. Now let's go!" The potion she drank was a simple appearance-changing elixir that lasted a few hours. As a princess and a public figure, she had to be careful whenever she went out. There was no telling what unscrupulous types may be out there.

"Let me use it as well." Phillip also drank his elixir, changed his eyes and hair brown, and ruffled his hair to mask some of his handsomeness. "Ready."

Oliver and the rest stepped out into the port. There were streams of people wandering about, departing or arriving, even in the early morning. They looked around for the black sails mentioned earlier and spotted them.

"This is a private airship. It has the best accommodations and is only used for special occasions and VIPs." Celestina recognized the features of an airship of this caliber. As royalty, she had been on a similar airship numerous times. "But how did that elder arrange this?"

"We can wonder about that later. Let's get on." Oscar hurried his group to get on the airship.

The captain came forward and greeted them.

"Welcome to the Severance. We have been informed of your mission. The airship will take a few days to arrive at Edin, and we will remain docked until your return. But we will have to leave without you if you are gone for too long."

"Thank you for allowing us on. We will make sure not to waste too much of your time." Phillip regarded the crew with elegance. His belonging to the Raeven family was not for show.

The airship was well furnished, and the rooms were of the highest quality. There was a room with a window view for each person. Additionally, the airship contained a large shared bathing area.

After settling in his room, Oscar felt the urge to take a relaxing bath. Since they left in the early morning, Oscar didn't have the chance to wash up properly.

The baths were split into two sections for girls and boys. The floor was of white limestone, and the walls were adorned with statues of people in robes, carrying bowls of water that poured into the pool.

Oscar quickly changed out of his clothes and dipped into the cleansing bathwater. It was nice and hot but not scalding, invigorating Oscar's tired body and almost making him doze off.

"I didn't expect someone to be here already."

Oscar's peaceful bathing was interrupted by Phillip's clear and magnetic voice. He turned to see the swordsman, still in his brown hair and eyes disguise.

Without warning, Phillip entered the bath and breathed in relief and delight. "The bathwaters of this airship improve the skin's complexion and energize a tired body."

Phillip launched into casual conversation while Oscar felt awkward to be talking with the person he had lost to.

Phillip said, "There's no need to be so reserved. You and I are fellow students, and we've fought with all our hearts bared. I'd prefer if we could talk normally."

Oscar thought for a moment, then nodded, "I supposed we could do that. I am wondering, why are you here?"

He knew Phillip had successfully entered the Greater Apprentice Exalt realm and passed the Inner Hall test, a trial that stumped even Lower Elite Exalts with flying colors.

After entering the Inner Hall, Phillip was said to have been locked inside, training to no end.

"As a member of the Raeven family that supports the Royal family, I can't simply refuse the princess's request. She interrupted my seclusion and asked me to come along." Phillip bitterly smiled.

"Sorry for dragging you into this." Oscar apologized. After all, he was the responsible party for putting all this in motion.

"Nothing to apologize for. I was pleasantly surprised to know we would be fighting such a beast. Not to mention I have a chance to talk to you."

"What for? I'm just a Grade Four Exolsia." Oscar asked.

"A Grade Four that broke my arm. If you don't mind me asking, what have you been through in the Pavilion? How did you train?" Phillip asked with eyes glowing in curiosity. He yearned to become stronger and reach the peak of swordsmanship. The battle against Oscar had given him a great shock.

Oscar hesitated, but he saw the child-like look in Phillip's eyes. There was no malicious intent or hidden motive, only the desire to improve. He went on to explain everything he had been through.

"Astounding. I can't believe you're still alive after all that." Phillip spoke with slight concern but also felt a feeling of inadequacy. The missions he completed were challenging, but none were as life-threatening as Oscar's experiences.

Phillip observed the warped flesh on the stomach and the missing left ear. He could feel the remnants of desperation emanating from them. "I'm still lacking compared to you."

"How the hell are you lacking?" Oscar said irritatingly.

"I haven't truly made myself fight with my life on the line. Maybe this upcoming trip will allow me the chance." Phillip looked like a sharp sword, ready to unsheathe.

"What is this? The two of you are already here, chatting it up without me." George entered the bathroom. His Sapphire Hedgehog was on his skinny shoulder.

The hedgehog let out a 'kyun' noise, voicing the delight it felt from the bath.

After relishing in the comfortable feeling of the hot water, George asked Oscar the most important question. "Oscar, how the hell are you so close to the princess?"

"Celestina already told you. We met in the Archives and talked about books." Oscar was too relaxed that he made a mistake and lost his breath, realizing his error.

"You called the princess by name?" George was stunned.

"Calm down. I'm sure the princess gave permission." Phillip said calmly, but his eyes were full of shock. Not anyone could call the princess casually by name; even his father had to be respectful.

Oscar knew he messed up, but there was no taking it back now. "She said to call her by name. I tried to refuse, but she was very adamant." He scratched his head, looking tired. On the one hand, she was royalty, but on the other hand, she was royalty. What happens when a princess commands you to do something not respectful to royalty?

While the boys were getting more acquainted, Emily and Celestina also enjoyed their time together in the bath.

"I'm glad to have another girl on a mission." Emily sighed in delight from both the bathwater and the prospect of a girl partner.

"I'm glad to go on a mission without everyone speaking respectfully to me and fawning over me." Celestina had asked Emily to speak casually without the usual honorifics. Although Emily had some doubts, she wasn't as attuned to the rankings of society since she had grown up isolated in a hunter family. It was an easy transition.

The scene of the two beautiful girls cheerfully talking in the bath would make any man drool. Emily washed her orange hair.

"Your orange hair is so pretty. Can I touch it?" Celestina asked.

"Of course."

The two girls had a great time together.

…….

The journey continued for a few days. The Severance made no issues flying through the various kinds of rain and fierce winds.

The group talked, ate, and bathed, growing close along the way. To have good harmony in the group was best for their future endeavor.

Eventually, the captain shouted and announced to everyone on board, "Look alive, we're coming up to the Floating Islands of Edin."

Oscar came out onto the deck and took in the grand view.

There were massive floating mountains of land that stayed like a monolith in the air, unmoving and unchanged. These floating pieces of land were a considerable distance from each other.

It was an otherworldly sight to behold as the light of the two suns went through the floating mountains. The sunbeams shot out, outlining the islands, similar to clouds, with borders of light making the lands seem holy and majestic.

The Floating Islands of Edin.

40