Devil Fruit and Haki
3.5k 2 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Anyway, I got to finish this battle quick.” Zoro turned his eyes at Cabaji as he gripped two knives in his hands. Using knives to fight Cabaji was good but he wasn’t defeating him.

That means he must use another knife. Unfortunately, he couldn’t find another knife at all.

“Roronoa Zoro, with my new attack, I am going to defeat you and show the true might of Buggy Pirates.” 

“Carnival Tricks!” Cabaji threw a bunch of hundreds of tops toward Zoro and rushed toward him in his unicycle.

“Dance of 100 Kamikaze Tops!”

At this moment, Zoro took a strange stance. The next moment, he dashed toward and stabs his knives.

“Two Swords Style”

“Hawk Wave”

Bang!

A powerful gust of wind blows out of his knives and knocks Cabaji away while forcefully sending those tops flying. But, Zoro doesn’t stop there. He takes out one of his swords and puts it in his mouth.

While Cabaji flew out, Zoro dashed in front of him and slashes with his three swords.

“Three Swords Style”

“Onigiri!” 

Splash! Thud!

Cabaji fell to the ground with wounds on his chest. Zoro puts back his sword and looks at Cabaji.

“Sorry for using the sword but I have got a crewmate to save.”

Zoro dashed away while holding two knives in his hands. 

“Hawk Arrows!”

Suddenly, dozens of stones flew toward pirates and struck them, Zoro fell on his head and shouted “Those are stones.”

Splash! Splash!

While shouting was one thing, he didn’t finish a few of the pirates in just one swing. He walked up to Liam and extended his arm.

“Are you alright?”

Liam was on the ground. He held Zoro’s arm and slowly stood up.

“Somehow, I am standing even though my whole body is screaming with pain.”

“That’s good!” Zoro smiled and supported me with his shoulder.

“How’s that good?” Liam turned his head and shouted.

“Well, you didn’t die and you fought so many pirates despite starting your training just a day ago.” Zoro covered his ear hole and walked away while speaking.

“Straw Hat, I will show you the true power of my devil fruit. Chop! Chop! Chop! Assemble!”

Whoosh!

The white gas covered Buggy for a moment but when it disappeared, Buggy was standing with his half-sized body. 

“What?” Buggy screamed.

“Looking for these?” Nami shouted while wrapping his body parts with a rope.

“Nice work, thief!” 

“Gomu-Gomu- Bazooka!”

Bang!

Luffy extended both of his hands and slapped Buggy into the sky with his powers.

Zoro tried to go toward but Liam stopped and they watched as Nami took his hat and sewed it while letting him take one of the treasure bags. Zoro looked at Liam and said, “You are weird, you know that.”

“At least, not as weird as you.” Liam rolled his eyes and smiled. Although he interfered a lot, he was happy that things went as they should go. He doesn’t mind changing things but when it comes to recruiting the straw hat.

He wouldn’t mind changing things in Alabaster, Skypiea, or even Sabody but not in Arlong Park, Whiskey Peak, and Water Seven.

Because he knows Straw Hats are just perfect as they are. Liam raised his head and looked at Zoro.

‘I guess I will be stealing his role. But, I also need to get stronger to do.’

If you change too much, it wouldn’t be straw hats anymore. But, if you change nothing, it would be the same old adventures. This is no longer just the adventures of Straw Hats. It is also Liam’s adventure. And, he wants to have adventures in his own way.

After a few minutes, the people of this town arrived. They all pointed their weapons at Luffy and others. 

“Who did this to the Mayor?”

The man at the front shouted while looking at Liam and others. 

“Don’t look at me! My captain did that.” 

Thud! Thud!

Nami almost fell to the ground when she saw Liam pointing his finger at Luffy. 

“Are you also the pirates?” The man continued to ask.

To which, all three of them nodded their heads except for Nami.

“Damn you!” The man shouted as he picked his weapon.

Seeing this, Luffy simply laughed and said “Zoro, get Liam!”

He turned around and ran away. Nami also ran while Zoro supported me and we ran.

Four of them ran to the boats where they saw three buggy pirates waiting. Seeing Zoro, they trembled and ran away. 

“Let’s go!” Luffy raised his hands and shouted as they finally set sail on their tiny boats. Liam went to Nami’s boat since it was much open for training. 

“Young ones, Thank you for everything!”

Suddenly, The Mayor rushed to the harbor and shouted at them. 

Liam and others gestured goodbye to the mayor and Nami found out that Luffy had left one of the treasure bags in the harbor. It turned into rough bullying for a minute and things finally calm down.

Next Day,

“Haaa!” “Haaa!” “Haaa!” “Haaa!”

Early in the morning, Nami turned her head at Liam and shouted. “Can’t you do your training without making any sound?” 

“Come on! It adds to the mood. Anyway, it’s not like you are doing something important.” Liam rolled his eyes and continued to train with the sword. He was basically training to maintain the posture while using that weight.

“Come guys, I have something important to talk about. We can’t go to the grand line like this.” Nami slapped her forehead and shouted.

“She is right, captain. We need to find a bigger boat and a few more crewmates before we leave for the Grandline.” Liam immediately nodded and spoke.

“At least, you are a bit smart. We need a boat and a cook at the very least.” Nami sighed and spoke.

“We also need another person.” Luffy spoke with a serious expression.

“Who?” Zoro asked 

Liam rolled his eyes as Luffy replied “A musician!”

“A Musician? Hahaha!” Zoro laughed while Nami roared at them. 

“Captain, the musician comes after the shipwright. Of course, we can’t just ask anyone to be our shipwright. We need someone qualified enough so until then, you should probably wait.” Liam replied as he continued with his training.

“Whatttttt!” Liam didn’t even need to look at Luffy’s face to understand his mood. He sighed and continued swinging his sword. 

The training in One Piece world is really effective. Of course, training in every world should be effective but here, it is more effective than the earth. The day before yesterday, he couldn’t even properly stand with those weights but now, he could swing his sword twenty to fifty times.

But, after that, his body started to give up. He hadn’t eaten any protein properly for two days. He was obviously very hungry right now. 

“Liam, you can stop training. We will reach the new island soon.” Nami shouted while at the same time, he stopped because of tiredness. He passed the sword to Zoro and sat on the boat, panting.

“Are you really going to train every single day?” Nami looked at Liam and asked.

Liam nodded his head and said “I have to train. I don’t think I can catch up to them without proper training unless I find a unique devil fruit.”

“Now that you mention it, what exactly are devil fruits? How can you find them?” Nami curiously asked. Zoro also looked at him with a curious gaze. Luffy wasn’t that interested but he also listened attentively as Liam began to explain.

“Devil Fruits are the incarnation of the devil. Well, at least, most people believe it. Devil Fruits have weird energy inside them that merges with people and transform them into superhuman.”

“Currently, there are three kinds of Devil Fruits. Paramecia Devil Fruit, Logia Devil Fruit, and Zoan Devil Fruit. Luffy’s devil fruit is……… a Paramecia Devil. At least, that’s how it seems since it has changed his body into rubber and given him the power of rubber.”

“Logia Devil fruits turn your body into elements or anything natural such as Lightning, Sand, Fire, and even mud. They are most difficult to deal with because if you attack them, your attack will just phase through their bodies, without hurting them.”

“Wait, then, how can someone defeat those people?” Suddenly, Zoro interrupted Liam.

Liam sighed “There are two ways to defeat such enemies. First, you need to find the weakness. For example, if you use water against a Sand Devil Fruit user, then you can hit him. And, it doesn’t have to be sea water. Any water can work.”

“Then, there is Lightning Devil Fruit user whose nemesis is Luffy since Luffy is basically rubber. Of course, they can also attack you. For example, Lightning Devil Fruit users can move like lightning bolts so it would be really difficult to attack them if they want to leave and if you come in contact with Sand Devil Fruit users, that person can suck water from your body.”

“What about the second type?” Zoro asked immediately when he found that this method actually doesn’t suit him. He mostly uses swords so it would be hard to win without them.

Liam closed his eyes for a moment and dramatically opened them.

“Use Haki!”

99