Leaving the Logue Town
2.2k 3 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam didn't waste his time on the ship. When he securely kept those rods and the bag inside the ship. But, he did the net made out of Sea Prism Stone. He rolled it inside his clothes. He immediately left the ship. His goal was to find Luffy.

Fortunately, he wasn't stupid. He immediately went to the middle of the town where he saw Luffy and Cabaji. He recognized the situation and rushed toward the execution platform.

He saw Buggy walking toward the top of the execution platform. Unlike Zoro and Sanji, he wasn't going too late but he suddenly noticed the Buggy Pirates in front of him.

Although they haven't seen him yet, they were still standing in his way. He looked to the side and found that if he took the long route, it would take him some time to reach there.

Liam ran toward them without any hesitation. He slapped the head of the pirate in front of him and jumped as high as he could. With his current physical strength, he managed to jump across them.

Pat!

The person he slapped was a bald pirate so the sound of the collision rang throughout the square. Everyone saw Liam running toward the execution platform.

"Buggy, look out!" Alvida shouted as she also ran toward Liam.

"Huh!" Buggy turned around but only saw a fist in front of his face.

Bang!

Liam punched Buggy to the ground and hurriedly climbed the stairs.

"Bastard, how dare you punch me?" Buggy instantly got up and shouted. Liam didn't know whether it was a comical effect or simply Buggy's endurance, but he managed to withstand Liam's punch without getting much injured.

Liam didn't care about him. He reached the top and kicked the wooden lock.

"Liam, thanks for saving for me!" Luffy immediately hugged Liam as he finally felt free.

"Captain, we don't have time. Marines should be arriving here soon. Hurry up and leave!"

Liam looked at the sky and saw the dark cloud slowly gathering. He couldn't help but frown. Even though he had been reading One Piece for so long, he still didn't know whether the dark cloud caused natural or because of the dragon's ability.

He didn't think too much. Dragon picked a fight with a future admiral. Even if he had escaped, he might be injured. So, he can't rely on Dragon.

"Luffy! Liam!"

Suddenly, Zoro's voice rang from the crowd. Both of them noticed Zoro and Sanji fighting against the Buggy Pirates.

"Straw Hat, I won't let you leave!"

"Chop! Chop! Flashy Fist!"

Liam's instinct instantly kicked in as he turned around and dodged the attack but he didn't relax. Buggy could control the body part. So, Liam rushed toward Buggy and punched him.

"Chop! Chop!"

But, Buggy instantly separated his body into small parts. His fist missed Buggy but Liam didn't stop there. He pulled his hand and lifted both of his hands.

"No Sword Style"

Liam tightened his muscle and started spinning with all of his strength. His spin generated the wind around him, forming a tornado that engulfed Buggy's body parts in it.

"Paragon's Wind!"

After ten seconds, he stopped. He was feeling a bit weird after spinning. Suddenly, Luffy wrapped his arm around Liam and jumped down.

"Wait, Luffy!"

Thud!

While Luffy landed on his feet, Liam landed on his shoulder.

"You bastard!" Liam instantly got up and choked Luffy. Unfortunately, his strength wasn't enough to truly harm Luffy.

"Shouldn't we leave?" Luffy looked at him and asked.

Liam lowered his head, defeated and exhausted. He released Luffy and both of them ran toward Zoro and Sanji.

"Oi Luffy, you almost got executed. Do you know how much trouble you are causing us?" Sanji spoke.

"Hahaha! I didn't expect them to sneak up on me." Luffy laughed as he ran side by side with others.

While running, they were constantly fighting against the Buggy Pirates and soon, the marines arrived. Not surprisingly, the Smoker didn't come here.

Liam knew he was waiting a bit far away from here. Just as he thought, they finally encountered Smoker. Liam instantly turned around and looked at the top of the houses.

But, he couldn't even see the shadow of the Dragon.

"Straw Hat, I told you earlier. Without defeating me, you can't go to the grand line." Smoker whose job is to either hunt pirates or smoke cigars stood in front of them and spoke.

He was wearing a marine's dress but his shirt was open. His boots were quite big as well and he was next to a bike.

"Liam, do you know who he is?" Zoro asked.

"Guys, leave this to me!" Luffy smashed his fists together but Liam smacked his head.

"Idiot, this guy has the power of Logia. You won't be able to win against him. Let's try something else and run!"

Hearing his words, Luffy became a bit silent and shook his head.

"Liam, he said without defeating him, I can't go to the Grand line. So, I must defeat him first."

Liam sighed but before he could say anything, Zoro spoke.

"Luffy, did you forget what happened two days ago?"

When he heard that, Luffy suddenly trembled. The memory of his entire crew dying appeared in his mind. If it wasn't for his grandfather and the dude in a green cloak appearing out of nowhere, they would've died for sure.

Liam patted his shoulder and said "Captain, it's not about the strength. It's about ability. I already told you. We can't fight Logia right now."

"Enough with chitchat! I won't let you leave. Liam, you bastard, you dare to steal from the marine base. If I let you go right now, the entire marine will lose their face?" Smoker thrust his hands, and they transformed into white smoke.

Liam looked at Zoro and shouted, "Throw me at him!"

His voice wasn't loud but Smoker could still hear him. Before he could understand anything, Zoro immediately caught him and threw him toward Smoker with all of his strength.

Poof!

Liam entered the smoke and immediately took out the net and started unfolding it. Just the touch of the net started restricting smokers' movement.

"You….."

When Smoker realized what was going on, Liam was already in front of his body. Liam struck his body because the net instantly restricted his devil fruit ability.

Liam and Smoker fell to the ground. Smoker's body was covered by a net and he was having a hard time moving his body. Liam instantly got up and struck smoker's neck.

The strike was truly hard, almost breaking his bone. But, instead of fighting, Liam instantly got up and shouted.

"Let's leave!"

Although the sea prism net was holding off the power of smoker, he knew smoker was trained in HQ. He should've been taught some ways to escape especially when he didn't bind him.

Liam couldn't waste his time binding smoker. The reason was simple. While Smoker's abilities were bound by the net, he still had physical strength. Not to mention, if more marines arrived, they will free smoker.

Of course, this wasn't the main reason. He simply didn't continue because he only felt secure at sea, not on land. He was afraid that Green Bull might chase them before they land on the Grandline.

As soon they started leaving, Liam noticed something. He turned back and saw the smoker slowly standing up. He had lost his energy but he was still gritting his teeth and trying to get up.

It's not like the net had bound him. And, a marine quickly arrived at that position. That marine was none other than Tashigi.

She wanted to shout at Zoro but when she saw smoker in a trouble, she immediately went to help him.

The fated battle between Tashigi and Zoro didn't happen.

Liam and others had already left for the shores. They saw the ship slowly drifting away as Nami and Usopp were shouting from the deck.

"Alright! Let's go!"

Luffy suddenly went back and caught the pole. His body stretched as he flew toward Sanji, Zoro, and Liam, kicking them to the sea.

"Everyone, you finally arrived."

Nami and Usopp got excited but Zoro, Sanji, and Liam were in a disturbing situation. Liam sighed and stood up as he looked at the island they were leaving behind.

"Liam, are we going to leave for the Grandline?" Nami asked.

Liam took a deep breath and turned around.

"Let's leave! The more time we spend here, the greater the risk. If it wasn't for their arrival, we would be dead by now."

His words once again brought the nightmare into their heads. Suddenly, Sanji asked "Why would a marine help us? And, who was that man in a green cloak? You know them, don't you?"

Hearing his question, everyone looked at Liam and Liam looked at Luffy. Luffy turned his head and trembled. He was very much afraid of his grandfather.

Liam smiled and shook his head "They are related to Luffy and also the second reason why I joined Luffy's crew."

Hearing his words, everyone except Luffy understood. For someone with so much knowledge and wisdom, Liam could have started his crew. But, Liam didn't do that instead he joined Luffy for protection.

Of course, they didn't think that his idea was wrong. After all, Liam had already fought to death a few times. At this moment, Luffy asked.

"Liam, what is your first reason then?"

Liam was surprised by his question but he smiled.

"Of course, it is to go on the greatest adventure that one could ever have."

"Yay! Everyone, let's set sails!"

...........

check out my patreon for new chapters

71