Recruiting an Assistant
1.9k 6 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Heh! I won't let you go." Miss Valentine instantly made her body heavy and pulled Vivi to the ground. Although she didn't know why Liam interfered, she had pride as a Baroque Work Officer.

She was going to kill Vivi at any cost.

"Argh!" Vivi grunted in pain as she tried to leave but Miss Valentine was still not letting her go. At this moment, Igaram arrived at the place and when he saw his princess getting caught by Miss Valentine, he immediately rushed to free her.

But, when he tried to lift her hand, he felt so heavy that he couldn't even move it. Suddenly, at this moment, she bursts into laughter.

"Kyahahaha-hahaha-hahaha- stop— stop- hahahahahaha-stoppppp it!"

At this moment, Igaram turned his head and saw Liam tickling Miss Valentine's stomach. He saw Liam's clothes were a bit tattered. Well, Liam was at least in much better condition than him.

"Miss, I don't understand why someone like me would join such an uninteresting organization. How about you leave that organization and work as my assistant?" Liam spoke.

But, at this moment, he felt a hand on his shoulder and a chill run down his spine.

"Wait, wait, wait, Nami, it wasn't like that. I am only interested in her ability. Believe me! It's not like what you think." Liam instantly stopped tickling her and turned around as he tried to calm Nami down.

"As if I would believe you."

Bang!

Nami smashed his head and seeing this, everyone suddenly froze especially Mr.5 who was barely opening his eyes. He couldn't believe someone who beat him would get beaten by a weak girl like Nami.

Of course, he doesn't understand Nami's Haki. It was the most supreme Haki. Even till now, Liam doesn't know whether Nami's Haki was stronger or Garp's Haki.

"Would you please listen to me? I wasn't trying something that you thought I was. Her ability is really useful for the crew. Just imagine how much can we train if we add her wait?"

"Her devil fruit allows her to change her weight from one kilogram to one thousand kilograms. It is really useful fruit." Liam didn't even hesitate to keep the secret about his reasons in front of Nami.

His only goal was to make her happy as much as he could. If she gets angry, he doesn't know what kind of fate he would suffer.

"Is that so?" Nami still looked suspicious.

"Yep!" Liam nodded his head immediately. He quickly took out a rope as well. He had kept it behind his back all this time. He immediately used it to tie her.

"You bastard, let go of me. I will never work for you." Miss Valentine shouted as she tried to struggle unfortunately, she couldn't free herself.

"Then, I should tie him as well." Saying so, she tried to grab Mr.5.

"Nami, no!" Liam shouted when he realized her touching Mr.5. He still hadn't lost his consciousness.

Boom!

As soon as she touched him, he exploded. The firepower of the explosion blasted Nami to the ground and it left some bruises.

At this moment, Liam was extremely mad. He walked in front of Mr.5. Although he was his enemy, Liam didn't kill him. He didn't even try to knock him out. He simply made him immobilize.

But at this moment, he regretted that. When Mr.5 saw him coming, his eyes widened as he started to tremble. Before he could open his mouth, a fast but extremely forceful fist appeared in front of his eyes.

Bang!

Liam's fist smashed his head inside the ground. Although he exploded, this time he lost his consciousness. Liam pulled his hand that was dripping with blood.

He turned his head and looked at Miss Valentine. When she saw the anger in his eyes, she trembled.

"Stop! Stop! I will be your assistant. Please, don't kill me!"

Still, he walked toward her. She trembled even more as she begged her for her life but Liam didn't even reach for her. He simply walked a few steps and lifted Nami from the ground.

She hadn't lost her consciousness at all. When Liam reached out to her, she also raised her arm. He picked her up as if he was carrying the princess and walked passed Miss Valentine.

But he suddenly paused and looked at her.

"If I don't see you in the ship….."

He didn't continue and walked away. It was enough to threaten her but he knew it would be impossible for her to be loyal to him. After all, he couldn't expect her to be loyal when he is asking her to betray someone.

Vivi and Igaram looked at each other.

"Princess, what should we do? They already know about our identity. How are we going to leave?" Igaram asked.

"I—I don't know…." Vivi lowered her head with distress on her face and shook her head.

"Yo-y-you can't escape. They will hunt you down. No one can protect you." Miss Valentine slowly stood up and spoke. She didn't hurt Vivi though. Although she didn't understand Liam's reason for protecting her, she knew if she did something to her, she would suffer some serious consequences.

"Princess….. how about we ask those pirates to help us? They are strong and don't seem like bad people." Igaram suggested.

"What? How can they not be bad? They are pirates. And, besides our opponent is Baroque Work. They won't help us." Vivi shook her head and declined but Igaram instantly pulled her hand and ran toward Straw Hats.

He had a strong expression on his face. He knew what he must do.

"Igaram, what are you doing? Why are you running so fast?" Vivi shouted but he didn't listen to her. Eventually, they caught up but in front of them, they saw two men fighting against each other.

Liam was still standing in front of those two while holding Nami in his hands and Miss Valentine was standing next to them. Looking at Luffy and Zoro battle against each other, her eyes widened.

She didn't expect both of them to be so strong. At this moment, Liam slowly put Nami down and said "Alright, it's your job now."

"My hands still hurt. But, I will make this quick." Nami helplessly walked toward them as her eyes slowly flashed anger.

"STOP IT!"

BAM!

She punched Zoro and Luffy before they could launch a strong attack at the same time. Both of them flew out and landed on the ground as everyone except Liam watched Nami with their mouth wide open.

They didn't know why Nami was so strong against her crewmates. Or rather, why did they do nothing when she punched them? Because after she punched them, they came back to their senses and started talking.

Finally, they understood that Luffy believed the words of his enemy and started fighting against Zoro for the stupidest reason. At this moment, Igaram came forward and spoke.

"Please help Princess to get to her country. She is currently targeted by Baroque Work and she can't get there safely without someone's protection. In return, we will pay you for your service."

Hearing his words, everyone was surprised except Liam.

'Tch! He is sending them to their death. But, it is also good. I will be freed soon.' Miss Valentine sneered in her heart.

'Hmm….. Baroque Work seems like a powerful organization. Should we do it?' Nami thought for a moment and spoke.

"Then, how about compensating us with One Billion Belly."

Hearing Nami's words, everyone was shocked.

"No, it's impossible. We can't give you that much." Vivi instantly declined.

"Alasbasta is in the middle of civil war. We don't even have funds to properly help the citizen. Even if I am a princess, our kingdom can't spend that much."

Hearing her words, Nami sighed with a dejected expression.

"You don't have to fight them. I have a plan." Igaram took out a few straw dolls the size of a human and continued "I will take our ship and move away."

"The Baroque Work will send people to chase me down and until they realize that Princess isn't with me, you can easily drop off her to Alabasta."

Hearing his words, everyone looked at him in surprise. It also meant he was going to sacrifice himself. Vivi realized it and shook her head.

"No Igaram, you can't do this. They will…"

Just when she tried to say more, Igaram stopped her and spoke "Kingdom needs to know what's going on. Only you can save the kingdom, princess. You must reach Alabasta. You must go with them."

Saying so, he turned around and left with those dolls.

"He is just going to die." Miss Valentine sneered.

"You shut up!" Vivi angrily shouted at her as tears poured out of her eyes. Seeing this, Nami felt sad as well.

"Sob! Sob! Sob! It's all his fault. Just because he is the warlord of the sea, no one does anything to him. It's all crocodile's fault."  Vivi bit her lips as she clenched her fists and cried.

"Ahhh!" Only then did she realize that she used the real name of the boss. She realized everyone looking at her with a wide mouth.

At the same time, their eyes shifted at a vulture and an otter who flew away. Nami looked at them and only one thought came to her mind.

'We are dead.'

62