Vice Captain of Straw Hat Pirates
1.9k 5 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Argh! I can't even leave. Those birds already have our faces." Nami shouted with frustration.

"Don't worry, Nami! Didn't that guy just leave to be bait? I am pretty….."

Boom!

Just when he said that the ship that Igaram was using exploded. The power of the explosion was so great that it knocked Luffy's hat to the ground.

At this moment, everyone was shocked.

"Let's go!" Luffy shouted as he ran away.

"Nami, did the log reset?" Liam turned around and shouted.

"Yes!" Nami nodded her head.

"Then, grab the girl, and let's leave." Before Liam could say, Zoro shouted as he ran toward Luffy.

"Luffy, go and bring those two to the ship," Zoro shouted as he rushed toward the ship.

"Alright!" Luffy ran toward the buildings while Nami turned her head at Vivi. At this moment, Vivi wasn't crying but rather biting her lips till the blood gushed out of her lips.

'What a strong girl?'

She instantly embraced Vivi and said "Don't worry, we will get you to your ship. Warlord? Humph! He is nothing. They might not look that much but they have freed the East Blue and destroyed two Marine Bases."

Liam watched her pulling Vivi toward the ship and sighed. He looked at Valentine and didn't know what she was thinking. So, he raised his hand and caught her hand, pulling her into the ship.

At this moment, a turtle slowly floated in the sea as a beautiful lady sitting on top of it muttered "Using such obvious bait. Isn't that too boring?"

.....

Near the ship, Vivi and Nami were searching for the duck until Zoro finally pointed it. As they entered the ship, Usopp and Sanji started begging others to stay and Nami gave them a short version of the entire situation.

Bang! Bang!

With two of them lying on the floor, Nami returned to the deck as she spoke "Alright, set the sails! We need to move on fast."

"By the Vivi, how many people are going to come for us?" Luffy asked while sitting on the top.

"More than a thousand people are working on the Baroque Works. So, I don't know many they will send but it won't be low for sure." Vivi spoke with a serious expression.

"Isn't that too much? How can we fight so many people?" Nami panicked when she heard those words.

"Heh! You guys are going to die. Even if you somehow make it through our people, you can't defeat the boss."

Bang!

Suddenly, Liam punched Valentine's head and said "You are a prisoner here, not a crew member. So, shut up!"

"Isn't that too violent a way to deal with a girl?" Suddenly, a voice rang from the top as everyone turned their heads to that position.

"What?"

"Who are you?"

"I must say princess, you used such a foolish way to distract us." The girl sitting on the top spoke.

"So, is that you who blew up Igaram?" Vivi's expression was filled with frustration and anger.

"Isn't that obvious?" Robin smirked.

"Who is she?" Nami asked Vivi.

"I don't know much about her except for the fact that she is Boss' partner and also someone who handles other tasks. Her code name is Miss Sunday. She is the only one who knows Boss' identity."

"Igaram and I were tailing her till now to find out boss' identity." Vivi introduced her.

"To be exact, I let you tail me," Robin smirked and corrected her.

"And, I already know that. You are the one who told her that his identity has been leaked. What's your objective?" Vivi shouted.

"Well, no need to get worked up. I only followed you because it was amusing to see the single princess trying to take down the entire organization by herself." Robin smirked as she answered.

"You. Don't underestimate me!" Vivi instantly took out her weapon and Zoro followed her action but at this moment, Usopp and Sanji pointed their weapons at her which surprised Vivi.

"Hey Sanji, do you know what's going on?" Usopp asked.

"No, but this lady is a threat to the lovely Miss Wednesday." Sanji who was holding the gun replied.

"Come on, don't point such dangerous things at us."

Suddenly, Sanji and Usopp were thrown down.

"What?" Everyone was shocked as they didn't understand what was going on. At this moment, a small hand popped out above Luffy's head but suddenly, another hand smashed Luffy's head and that small hand disappeared.

"Hey, Liam, what's your problem?" Luffy who was unaware of that hand shouted at Liam as he was smashed on the head.

Liam didn't reply to him but rather looked at Robin.

"That's my captain's hat and other than his crew members, nobody is allowed to grab it. How about we cut the chit chat and you leave? Right now, you might have a lot of experience with your devil fruit but you are no match against us."

Hearing his words, Luffy rubbed his head with confusion as he didn't understand how she was grabbing his hat. But, he decided to trust Liam's words.

Others were surprised as well. But, except for Vivi, everyone calmed down. Since Liam spoke, it meant he knows the situation and knows how to handle it.

Robin narrowed her eyes as she asked "Do you know me?"

"There is not a single informant who doesn't know about you, Nico Robin."

When he said her name, her eyes truly widened. She almost crossed her arms but she quickly calmed down. She saw that Liam had no intention of fighting with her.

She looked at Valentine and asked, "Are you inviting her to join your crew?"

"What? Is that true Liam?" Luffy asked him with wide eyes. But before he could say anything, Liam punched his head and said.

"Idiot, you are the captain. Although I can make suggestions, I can't invite someone to join the crew. We are going to fight against Shichibukai. I have to train."

"The current weights aren't going to help me that much. She is perfect for training."

"Oh! That's why." Luffy smacked his fist on his palm as he realized something.

"How amusing. You want to train even though the journey between you and Alabasta is only two weeks away. How are you planning on winning when you aren't even ready?" Robin slowly regained her smirk as she asked.

"Are you an idiot?" Liam pointed his finger at her and asked.

At this moment, Robin was stunned. For the first time in her life, someone has called her an idiot. She didn't even know what to say.

"I am the Vice-Captain of the crew. He is the Captain of the crew. He might be an idiot but he can defeat Crocodile."

Liam stared at her and continued "A rat who doesn't have the guts to rely on his strength to conquer the sea can never defeat our captain."

When he said those words, a bright smile appeared on the face of his crew mates except Vivi who was still in shock.

Zoro, Sanji, Nami, and Usopp, although they listened to their orders of Liam and have normal interactions with their captain like friends, they still know Luffy is the Captain.

They didn't follow Liam. They never followed Liam. They followed Luffy. They believed in Luffy. Although they also believe in Liam, they already know his place.

He said to himself. He was a resourceful guy on the crew. In their eyes, Liam was someone who could help them whenever they were in trouble. Sometimes, Luffy doesn't make it.

Sometimes Zoro forgets the way. Sometimes Sanji can't kick women. Sometimes Nami can't face her opponents. Sometimes Usopp became too cowardly.

And, these were the situations where Liam rises. These were the situation when they truly need their vice-captain, someone who can protect the crew when the captain is not there.

It has happened before. In Syrup Village, Liam saved his crew as a vice-captain. In Baratie, Liam fought for the crew because their second strongest man was injured.

In Cocoyasi Village, Liam went to retrieve what his crewmate had lost. In all of these situations, Liam acted in his position.

He wasn't recognized by strength. He was recognized because he did what the second in command should do. He protected his crew. People like Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy don't need protection.

So, protecting his crew means he protected Nami and Usopp when they were in true danger. That's why he was the Vice Captain of Straw Hat Pirates.

"It seems like you aren't a normal guy who came from the East Blue." Robin stared at Liam as she asked.

"Huh! Haven't you left yet? Are you waiting for an invitation to have tea? Our chef will be more than happy to serve you."

As soon as Liam finished speaking, Sanji appeared next to Robin with a tray in his hand and a cup of tea on that tray.

"Liam is correct, Miss Robin. Please have some tea."

'Liam, you bastard! You finally recognized me.' At this moment, Sanji was giving Liam a compliment in his heart.

On other hand, Liam was frozen.

'Fuck! Is this a comical effect? How the hell did he prepare the tea so fast?'

77