Using Devil Fruit for Training?
2k 6 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Since you are so confident, I have something for you. The next island after this is Little Garden and you might not want to go there." Robin took out an Eternal Log Pose and threw it at Liam.

"That's the Eternal Log Pose to Alabasta. I hope I can see you soon." Robin got off the fence and walked toward the side of the ship.

"So, what should we do, Captain?" Liam turned his head at Luffy and asked.

Luffy took the Eternal Log Pose from him and smashed it into pieces.

"She doesn't decide where this ship goes." Luffy's eyes revealed a bit of anger when he crushed. But, that anger faded away when Nami smacked his head.

"Why did you have to do it? She was nice enough to give us a direct route."

"Luffy, look at that Giant Turtle!" Suddenly, Usopp pointed his finger at the turtle that acted as Robin's boat and spoke.

"Turtle? Where is it?" Luffy instantly stood up without even replying to her and ran towards Usopp.

"That moron! Liam, do something about this." Nami clenched her fist and looked at Liam.

"Maybe it was wrong to ask for your help. I am already giving you so much trouble." Vivi muttered as she clenched her fists after seeing Nami's reaction.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Nami flicked her forehead and continued "If you didn't want us to be in trouble, you shouldn't have told us in the first place."

"And, besides, nobody cares. Isn't that right, Luffy?"

Luffy raised both of his hands and shouted "Sanji, it's morning. Let's have some breakfast."

"Maybe he doesn't care," Vivi muttered after seeing his expression.

"So, what are we going to do now? You already knew Luffy would do that, didn't you?" Zoro walked closer to Liam and asked.

"Haha! This is Luffy we talking about. Why would he skip the adventures between Alabasta and our current location? Let's just follow the Log Pose and go to that Little Garden."

"Anyway Nami, I will leave everything to you. I am going to train." Liam said as he picked up unconscious Valentine and walked to the back of the ship.

"He better not do something nasty with her." Nami clenched her fist and muttered.

"Well, you heard him. I am going for a nap." Zoro stretched his hands and

"Argh! You guys…" Nami shouted in frustration as she walked toward the cabin.

Vivi stared at them and got a bit confused.

'Just what kind of crew is this?'

"Hey, what are you waiting there for? I need your help with maps." Nami shouted when she saw Vivi mindlessly standing on the deck.

Vivi woke up from her confusion and hurriedly followed Nami into the Cabin. Inside the Cabin, Luffy and Usopp were chatting while Sanji was preparing breakfast.

"Alright, you need to tell us more about Baroque Work. If we are going to fight them, we need more information about them." Nami sat in front of Vivi and asked.

Vivi got a bit confused and asked "Shouldn't you invite them as well?"

Nami shook her head and sighed "One doesn't need to know, another knows too much. The one who needs to know is already here. So, you can start talking."

Vivi was once again left in confusion but she quickly started explaining to them the situation of the Alabasta.

On the back of the ship,

Liam shook Valentine's head and woke her up. As soon as she woke up, she saw Liam's face and shouted.

"You bastard, can't you be more gentle with ladies?"

"Nope! Anyway, let's start training." Liam shook his head and spoke.

"Humph! I am not going to help you train even if you kill me." Valentine pouted as she folded her arms on her chest.

Two minutes later,

"Ummmh ubbb uhmmhsfff!"

Valentine was tied by a fishing rope as Liam tossed her down. After soaking her in the seawater for a minute, Liam pulled her up. Not only she was extremely tired but also wet.

Liam raised her head and said "I am not your friend. I am your enemy. So, you better do as I say or I will let my swordsman friend cut you in half. Unlike me who resorts to these kinds of tricks, he will simply cut in half."

Valentine who panting hard after being soaked in seawater heard it and her body trembled. For the first time in her life, she experienced true weakness.

"Alright now that your arrogance is down, let's start with the training."

Saying so, Liam opened his palm and a deck of the card appeared in his hand. For this training, he had something else in his mind.

Unlike normal training, he was going to use his devil fruit to train. Of course, he wasn't sure if it will work but if it does work, then it would be amazing.

He puts his hand on the deck and thought for a moment.

'My fruit name is not Card Card No Mi. It is Kake Kake No Mi. It gave me the power to gamble, not to play cards. That means I should be able to gamble other things as well, right?'

'So, I want to gamble in training. Let's see if I can motivate my abilities to do my bidding.'

Liam stayed silent while having only one thought in his mind. After two minutes, a purple light appeared in front of him. This light was so strong that even though he had closed his eyes, he could still feel it.

Liam opened his eyes and saw that his cards have changed. This time, there weren't that many cards and when he checked the card, it was different in itself.

At the top of the deck, a card slowly floated above him. On that card, it was the picture of a Joker and there were some words written on it.

'One Who Overcomes the Challenge'

At this moment, his deck of cards suddenly shuffled on its own and three cards appeared in front of Valentine and three cards appeared in front of him.

When those three cards appeared, a new memory appeared in his mind. Unlike other fruits, this fruit was constantly giving him information about his abilities of this fruit.

On three cards, he saw three different pictures. One picture was of him with Valentine on his back, doing push-ups and at the same time, there was a total number of push-ups he had to do.

-1000

Corresponding to this card, Valentine's card showed the same picture but there were extra words with different numbers.

-500 Kilograms

The second card revealed Valentine sitting on his shoulders as he was supposed to do squats.

-2000

Corresponding to this card, Valentine's card showed the same picture but the words and numbers were different once again.

-2000 Kilograms

The third card revealed Valentine punching him. But, surprisingly, there were no numbers.

Corresponding to this card, Valentine's card not only showed the same pictures but also the numbers.

-5000 Kilograms

At this moment, those six cards suddenly glowed with a bright purple light and flew up in the air. Finally, Liam understood the entire situation.

Although his luck was good, it wasn't that good. So, when he tried to gamble for his training. He got these cards. Just as the cards suggested, he must complete those training or else, he will receive the punishment.

Unlike the time where he gets power from his opponent which is temporary, this is permanent. And, this time bet is even more ridiculous. If he can complete this training, he will improve at rapid rate thanks to his abilities.

But on other hand, if he can't complete this training, he will lose the strength he was supposed to gain.

For example, if he was supposed to gain the strength of 500 doriki which is One Piece world's strength measuring unit. To gain 500 doriki, he must complete the training but if he can't he will lose 500 doriki.

And, he has to keep one thing in his mind.

This is a gamble.

Just like how you lose your own money in the gamble, if he can't complete the training, he will lose his own doriki. That means if he gains 200 doriki during training but can't finish the training, he will lose 700 doriki.

One thing is certain though. Liam truly wanted to slap his face. He almost forgot that most of the people in One Piece have a lot of luck. Even Valentine should have a lot of luck.

If only he had waited till he could gather more luck, he could have tremendously reduced the punishment. As for what decided his punishment.

It was the first card on the deck. The card that wrote 'One Who Overcomes the Challenges.

It was this card that gives him the benefit and punish him if he fails. Liam bitterly smiled and told Zoro not to disturb him during training.

Finally, he got into Push up position and asked Valentine to get into his back. She could only comply with his order but she decided to teach him a lesson by using 10000 kilograms. Unfortunately, she forgot that she can't control her powers right now.

The cards dictate her will. Her weight changed to 500 kilograms but it was more than enough to push Liam to the ground.

'Damn it! I must finish this challenge. I must overcome and grow stronger. This is the only ability that allows me to get stronger like Luffy. Both Zoro and Luffy can constantly get stronger after each battle.'

'Not to mention, currently, they are still stronger than me. I don't want to get left in the dust.'

Your support is what keeps me going. Join my Patreon and support me. I am currently writing to reach 20 chapters in advance on Patreon.
66