Moving Closer to Winter Island
1.6k 3 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We are going to Drum Island which also lies in the Cold Mountain Region so yes, we are moving toward the correct direction." Liam nodded his head and walked toward Nami's room.

There was Vivi taking care of her while Valentine was standing on the side. She hadn't mixed well with the crew and that was good for him. He didn't want to break her heart if she can't join the crew in the future.

After all, no one knows how Luffy's mind works.

Vivi looked at him and asked, "Are we going in the right direction?"

Liam nodded his head and said "I might not be as talented as her in direction but I am not like them to get lost while moving in a straight direction.  By the way, how is her condition?"

"Her temperature is rising quickly. Her fever might be just a minor side effect. We still don't know what this disease might do to her." Vivi clenched her fist in frustration.

"Don't blame yourself! Even if we hadn't met you, we would've still gone in the same direction. And, with you here, at least I feel secure about her. Luffy doesn't have any idea and being sick nor does Zoro or Usopp."

"And, Sanji is someone whom I can't trust when it comes to women. I need to be outside in case the ship moves away from the correct direction." Liam patted her shoulder and spoke.

"Hey, what about me? I am also here." Valentine got frustrated when Liam didn't count. Although she wasn't part of the crew, she wasn't their enemy now.

"I need your help with my training. So, you can't be here." Liam said.

"Liam, can you not do that kind of training now? Nami is sick and if something happens to you, it would be troublesome." Vivi also began to understand his devil fruits' weaknesses and strengths, so she didn't want him to lose the bet right now.

Liam smiled and shook his head.

"Don't worry, I am not planning on training with my devil fruit. I just want to do regular exercise."

Vivi sighed with a breath of relief.

"Humph! I am not your weight equipment. And, I also saved your crew. You can't treat me like that." Valentine stomped her foot on the ground and shouted.

"Yeah! Yeah!" Liam chuckled while pushing Valentine out of the room. After she left the room,. She had no choice but to help him.

Vivi also chuckled and looked at Nami. Her fever was the least of her problem. Now, she was feeling pain in her body. She really wished Liam could come to her bed and sleep with her.

Normally, she doesn't get sick but this time, it was severe. And, because of how frustrating and painful it was, she couldn't help but feel the need for the closest person.

And, currently, that person was Liam. But, she couldn't bear to ask Vivi to leave especially when she was doing so much for her. In the end, she decided to simply forget about it.

Slowly, they were approaching Winter Island. It was the second day after they left Little Garden. But, they were still in a serious hurry. Liam was trying to move their ship as soon as possible.

Around lunchtime, it was heavily snowing outside. Liam and Sanji were inside the cabin with Nami, Vivi, and Valentine. Suddenly, they heard some gunshots outside.

Liam frowned as he didn't know why someone was disturbing the ship. Just as he walked out, he saw dozens of soldiers wearing warm fur coats and holding guns in their hands.

They were pointing guns at everyone who was outside and there was a man bigger than a car standing on the edge of the ship, chewing meat. But once he finished chewing meat, he started chewing the sword.

Seeing this, Liam stuck out his tongue with a painful expression.

'Damn! I almost forgot that this guy even existed. He is probably one of the worst creations of Oda but then again, Oda wouldn't create a crocodile-level villain just before showing character.'

'Well, I will let Luffy handle things. I don't even know if I hate this guy. Wait, I do hate his trash talk.'

While Liam was busy thinking, suddenly, one of the guards shot at him. It only left a mark on his shoulder but Liam was stunned for a moment. He couldn't believe that he was sunk so deep into his thoughts that he forgot about the enemies.

Not just him even Zoro and Sanji were surprised. Luffy would've been surprised but his head was already inside Weapon's mouth. After Luffy sent him flying with his Bazooka, Wapol's crew left.

"What happened?" The first one to ask with Zoro. It wasn't because he was worried about Liam's injuries rather he didn't understand why Liam got injured in the first place.

"Nothing! I just got lost in some thoughts after seeing that man." Liam shook his head and chuckled.

"You got injured by them?" Luffy tilted his head in confusion.

Hearing his words, Liam punched his head.

"Don't look at me with those eyes when you even fall for an amateur hypnosis."

"He is not wrong, Luffy. You need to take things seriously. You almost got eaten by that man." Sanji threw the ash from his cigarette and spoke.

But for some reason, Luffy decided to completely ignore Sanji and instead looked at Liam.

"When will we arrive at that island?"

"Well, if we are lucky not to encounter anything on the way, we will reach there before evening." Liam replied at that place.

"That's great! I can't wait to ask a doctor to join our crew." Luffy excitedly raised his hands and shouted.

"By the way, do you have any idea about the person we need to get on our ship?" Zoro looked at Liam and asked.

"Nope! I only know that she has an apprentice. And, if it is her apprentice, then that person's dream shouldn't be any lower than any of you guys. I am not sure if that person wants to go out into the seas and become a pirate."

"But then again, Captain can even ask force you guys to join. I believe that Luffy can convince that person as well."

61