Liam’s Devil Fruit Development Part 2
1.1k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Originally, I thought those three cards bet to increase my strength or increase my training reward was the main ability. But it turns out, the entire Betting was my ability.”

“So, now I can bet anything that I want,” Liam answered.

Hearing his words, Nami asked.

“So, how does this relate to your condition?”

Liam chuckled and said.

“Actually, while you guys were fighting against Crocodile, I met someone from World Government. I convinced Smoker to fight against Crocodile but they suddenly came out of my cooperation with Marine and tried to kill Smoker and me.”

“Fortunately, I had developed my Devil Fruit. As I said before, I can make any kind of bet. This time, I used my luck to make a bet where I increased my strength alongside Smoker’s to fight against those CP agents.”

“And just before I killed them, I made another two bets. The First bet was my lucky charm. Because my enemy was a Zoan Fruit User, his endurance and defense were naturally amazing.”

“And, with his vigorous training of Iron Body, he completely believed he could block my attack, so I made a bet against him. Of course, this bet was a mental bet so I didn’t need his affirmation.”

“As long as he didn’t think of evading my attack, it was more than enough. So, in that bet, the reward was his vitality and punishment was permanent damage in my organ.”

“What?” Nami suddenly roared and held his collar.

“You bastard, how could you make such a reckless bet?”

“Calm down, Nami! Aren’t I okay? Besides, if you don’t even have trust in yourself, how can you even think of surviving in this sea?” Liam looked at her with a serious expression and said.

Only after seeing his serious expression, Nami calmed down but she still didn’t let go of him.

“He is right, Nami. If we can’t even take a risk, there is no need to continue this journey.” Luffy solemnly spoke.

Finally, Nami let go of his collars and calmed down.

“Of course, I won and got one-third of his vitality. The second bet was a bit difficult. Because it was a forced bet since my opponent had no fixed thought in his mind, I couldn’t make a normal bet.”

“Because of that, the reward was low while the punishment was extremely high. If it wasn’t for my own luck, the reward and punishment would’ve been even worse.”

“So, I only gained ten percent of his vitality. This made me realize something. If I can make such an absurd bet, why can’t I take it one step further.”

Hearing his words, Nami suspiciously glanced at him and said.

“What do you plan to do?”

Everyone looked at him with serious expressions.

Liam turned his head at Crocodile who was still unconscious and said.

“I plan to make a bet, betting all of my vitality and strength for his vitality and devil fruit.”

“No!” Nami instantly disagreed.

“Hey, hey, Liam, are you sure you want to do this? You have trained so hard for this strength. Not to mention, losing your vitality will only make you weaker.” Usopp was terrified as well.

“Liam, your healing ability is quite amazing. I believe you can easily heal within two months. Please, don’t take such a risk.” Chopper also didn’t support his idea.

Others didn’t speak. They knew that they couldn’t ask him to stop but they didn’t want him to take such a risk either. At this moment, Luffy crossed his arms and looked at him.

“Liam, how sure you are?”

“Luffy!” Nami panicked as she glared at Luffy but he didn’t even look at her. His eyes were fixed on Liam.

Liam shook his head and said “Although I know the rewards and punishment, I don’t know the condition. So, I am not sure at all.”

As soon as he said that, Luffy’s hands extended as he puts his hands on Liam’s shoulder. His eyes were extremely serious as he said.

“I will not stop you nor I will ask you to do this. But, you promised me that you will help me become Pirate King. Without you, I can’t become a Pirate King. So, you mustn’t die.”

At this moment, nobody spoke even Nami who was extremely against his idea. Robin was surprised by such interaction. She didn’t expect someone would do such a thing.

And, others wouldn’t even try to convince him to not do it. After all, this was a life and death bet. If it is unsuccessful, he might get so weak that it would no different than death.

Of course, there were people who opposed this idea but between Vice-Captain and Captain, there seems to be a strange relationship. There was extreme trust.

Hearing his words, Liam smiled and said.

“Originally, I thought I could simply wait for a few months and recover. But, soon I come to realize something. Our journey might not be easy. Our first battle was against a Shichibukai.”

“If Luffy hadn’t managed to learn Armament Haki or if his weakness wasn’t something so obvious, we might never be able to defeat him. And, our enemy will only get stronger after this.”

“Luffy is the Captain so he will definitely protect us but he has several weaknesses. Some of them are covered by us but there are still some weaknesses that we simply can’t cover.”

“In such conditions, our crew will be at extreme risk. As a Vice-Captain of this ship, I can’t simply rest and hide even if it is for a moment. My enemy will not show pity on me just because I am injured.”

“That’s why I can’t hesitate now. I have you guys. If I was against you, my luck would’ve been worse but with you guys behind me, I believe my luck will spark.”

“So, I must make a bet. This ability, I must understand it completely.” Saying so, he walked up to Luffy and put his hand on his Straw Hat.

“I will keep my promise. I won’t die until I make you the Pirate King.”

Hearing his words, a big smile appeared on Luffy’s face. He nodded his head and Liam walked toward Crocodile’s body. Although Crocodile wasn’t awake, he wasn’t dead either.

But, with Seastone Bullet inside his body and Seastone Handcuff, it was impossible to use his Sand Abilities.

“Liam!” Nami wanted to stop him but after seeing everyone’s attitude, she gritted her teeth and decided to trust him.

Liam walked up to his body and crouched down. His hand touched Crocodile’s body and at this moment, he started betting.

A card emerged out of his body.

[Bet Established / Requirement Achieved / Reward Vitality-Devil Fruit / Punishment Crippled Strength-Vitality]

Seeing the words on his card, Liam was surprised.

‘So if I knock out my enemy, the bet wouldn’t be forced. That means unless there is a rejection from the person I want to bet against, the Bet would easily establish.’

‘But then again, I need to increase my luck in order to properly increase my reward and decrease my punishment in case it fails.’

Thinking about it, Liam took a deep breath and released all of Luck all at once. The moment he released his Luck, the Luck Storage inside his mind got empty and a new card emerged out of him.

[Reward Two-Third Vitality-Devil Fruit Card / Punishment Full Strength-Two-Third Vitality]

He was truly surprised. Although the punishment was worse, at least he wouldn’t die. But, if he succeeds, then he would not only get two-thirds of Crocodile’s vitality, but he will also get his devil fruit.

He understood what Two-Third of Crocodile’s vitality means.

This guy is 50-50 in One Piece World. He goes from fighting Early Stage Luffy who couldn’t even use Armament Haki to attack Whitebeard, Akainu, and Mihawk-like characters.

In the end, he even got the bounty of 1.9 Billion Bailey.

This is a guy whose vitality was truly astonishing, almost two-thirds of Luffy. And, knowing what kind of person Luffy truly is, just one-third would be more than enough to make anyone a monster.

Liam took a deep breath and started. The moment he started, a powerful pressure came from Crocodile. This pressure didn’t affect anyone except Liam but this pressure wasn’t Conqueror.

Since Crocodile was knocked out, the cards released the pressure equal to absorbing the second devil fruit. This kind of pressure wouldn’t kill him or even injure him but if he can’t hold it, he would lose.

Now, this was a true bet. If he could hold on against this pressure, he would win but if he can’t, he would fail.

‘So, if the person is unconscious, the condition would change huh? Well, this pressure is amazing.’

Liam gritted his teeth and his eyes started turning red. The ferocious aura pressing his body almost broke him from the inside. But, at this moment, a powerful aura burst out of him.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

Nami, Usopp, and Chopper fell to the ground. At the same time, everyone outside the room and even the castle passed out with foam coming out of their mouth.

When Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji faced this kind of powerful aura, they panicked but suddenly remembered Liam’s words. Three of them opened their mouth at the same time.

“Conqueror Haki”

........................

Check out my patreon for Advance Chapters!

44