Arc Fourteen. Chapter Four Hundred Twenty. Plan Nein From Outerspace.
640 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"He's gone too far," Ross slammed down the last report from the Cybertronian site. Every last piece of tech they had salvaged was gone. Peter had known almost everything and made sure they hadn't left even a single scrap of metal. Even the test samples they created using the Device had been taken.

"It's fine," Couson said calmly, "We know Peter's been busy."

Coulson slid over a list, and on it was everything Peter was thought to have done. From killing Osborn all the way up to removing Ice Man. Most of the evidence was circumstantial, but it all pointed to Peter Parker. Even the odds of him being Venom was in there.

Ross snorted, "Like we can prove any of it. He's a clever bastard. And with Wakanda in his court, we couldn't touch him even if we wanted."

Coulson smiled and slid over another file, "Oh, I think that's all about to change. We weren't the only ones who noticed the Autobots."

Ross lifted the file, and cracked a smile, as he read further, he began to laugh, "Oh I wish I could see his face."

“Today marks a monumental occasion,” the reporter on the TV said. “We welcomed the Asgardians, and they brought us new hope, that Earth was not alone in the galaxy. They brought us new technology and new medicines. And today we welcome a new ally from the Stars. The Xandarians.”

The camera pulled up and was pointed at an empty piece of sky. Like a movie special effect several large ships warped and the camera panned across them. From one, three smaller craft emerged, and the camera followed them as they headed toward the city. Two hovered as one landed on a specially prepared pad, and from it, a stern-looking man emerged. His guard followed him to a podium, where he shook hands with President Ellis.

“We are witnessing a historic event. An actual alien on Earth, visiting our great nation and shaking hands with the President. And now, the Xandarian emissary is taking the stage, so we go live to that now.”

Peter and the warehouse stared at the TV. They had considered going, as the Asgardian embassy was hosting the event and it was in Manhattan. It had been vetoed as Carol had been apprehensive and they could understand why.

Thor and Loki were supposed to be there as well, but relations between the three groups were strained.

Carol was still 'technically' a fugitive. So, while no one came to arrest her, she was worried that the government would use her as a bargaining chip. As far as treaties went, the Xandarians had a much better position to work from, and the Earth had nothing. It was just a small miracle that it was the Nova Empire and not the Kree who were here. The Kree would have killed everyone in government and simply taken over.

“Greetings People of Earth. It is with great pleasure that I am here today to welcome you into our glorious Nova Empire. We have reached accords with most of the Earth's governments. But we are confident that there will be a peaceful transfer into our galactic power.” The emissary paused and took a small drink of water. “As part of the Empire, you will be under our protection, and enjoy autonomy. While there may be some laws that change, there will not be many, and in return, you will enjoy all we can offer you. We do not force civilisations into entering the pact. You need not worry that we are here to conquer you. We will offer protection against those who would try to harm your citizens.”

Cameras clicked and flashed as the reporters jostled forward. 

“I will take questions.” He motioned at a reporter Peter recognised.

“Betty Brant, Daily Bugle. If you are not interested in taking over, then what does the Empire gain from a treaty of this kind?”

The emissary smiled, “Like any treaty, we take trade partners. Sharing technology while receiving goods and services found only on Earth. We will always welcome trading partners.”

“Alan Smith New York Times. You mentioned laws. Can you give us any examples of what we can expect to change?”

“I cannot give you a specific example though, I am still unfamiliar with all of Earth's laws. It is mainly the rights of sentient beings. Such as fair treatment of criminals, education, and the environment. Once you have been members for a set period, we will also offer advances in space travel. Earth will enjoy the benefits of being part of the Empire for many thousands of years.”

“Mike Layton. New York Inquisitor. While Earth is protected, will we be required to serve in the Xandarian military?”

The emissary nodded. “Not required at all. The Nova Corps will accept human applicants once we enter a more formal alliance. There are still requirements, both mental and physical, but I am sure we can accommodate you. If they pass, then entry is guaranteed. But, we do not allow our armed forces to serve on their planet of origin. Split loyalties can create problems, and confusion if an aggressor tries anything.”

“Flora Barns. New York Examiner. We have heard reports that Wakanda has refused to meet with you. As they have emerged as a global superpower, what has your response to this been?”

A small frown coursed the face of the emissary and he looked over at one of the World Security Council members. She stepped forward and spoke. “No more questions,” She covered the mic with her hand. “Get him out of here.” The emissary was taken from the sage, stopping briefly to wave at the crowd and let more pictures be taken.

After the emissary had left, the Aide stepped forward again. "The press was made aware that any political discussion was off the books. Until the formal treaty has been signed, any and all discussions are top secret." She glared at the assembled reporters, who in turn huffed in annoyance at Flora. “Wakanda has made its position clear. It has laws that do not allow outsiders into their lands or their capital. While Nova Corp has tried a diplomatic route, they were bluntly denied. It is not US policy to interfere with the diplomatic missions of other countries. However, if Wakanda is the only holdout to the new treaty then it will be signed without them.”

Peter clicked the remote control and shut the TV off. “Well, that was a shit show. Carol?”

Carol looked the most nervous of them all. “Peter, it's bad. I heard there were already steps to sign the treaty and that was years ago. You need to warn Shuri that they won't take no for an answer.” 

He nodded, “I don't have to. Shuri and I talk every day, I already know what was going to happen.”

Peter streamed a video file to the TV. It showed a large ship in the atmosphere above Africa, and several smaller craft exiting. As they flew over Wakanda, its energy shield flickered into life, covering the whole area.

“They’ve made themselves clear. Either Wakanda lets them in, or they let themselves in.”

Carol sighed, “Do we know why?”

He nodded, “Shuri and I deciphered the ancient tablet used to control the city and the ship. It's alien, Kree, and that's why we wanted the alien database from Optimus. There is little to nothing in the Golden City archives about them.” 

While the files he had received from Optimus were helpful, they didn’t have a language database. All he found was a single phrase, some kind of universal greeting. Peter had loved it, as it was goofy but catchy. He used it constantly until Felicia threatened to beat his ass senseless if he uttered it again.

Carol frowned, “Can I see?” and Peter shrugged and handed over his phone. He had taken snaps of the hieroglyphics before Sue had started complaining. They matched with symbols around the Golden City, and Shuri had sent him pictures of those as well.

Carol shook her head as she stared at them. “Shit, this is bad. Yeah, this is Kree.” She didn’t look happy as handed him his phone back.

“Optimus mentioned them, but the files only mention them briefly. He didn’t give details. Good or bad for us?”

She shook her head, looking incredibly worried. “Bad, for everyone. The Kree are giant assholes. They are controlled by a giant supercomputer called the Supreme Intelligence. Militaristic, xenophobic and specist to book, all rolled into a giant ego the size of a planet. If the Xandarians think the Kree have been here before, they will stomp Earth and take Wakanda.” Carol leaned back and rubbed her eyes. “They don't know about the Vibranium, that's why Shuri is keeping them out.”

Peter smiled and nodded. “Yup, 'cause we all know that's exactly what's going to happen.”

Carol swore. “War. It won't end any other way.”

Peter rubbed his forehead, “we just had one, and we don't have the Mind Stone this time to clean the mess up. How many other countries are refusing to work with the Xandarians.”

“Wakanda, Korea and Germany. Rumour has it the Xandarians turned up and demanded Helen Cho and her cradle." Carol sighed. "Germany took one look a the treaty and shook their heads. The whole Nova Empire and Nova Corps have them worried about a repeat of history.”

“It's Russia and the Red Room I'm more worried about,” Natasha added. “Omega has been quiet since Doom arrived.”

Peter leaned forward and lifted the report. “What did Doom say”

Natasha laughed and cleared her throat. “Doom has no interest in the pettiness of empires. Doom will do as Doom pleases.”

Even Peter laughed. “Yeah, not the kind of guy to submit to anyone.” Peter tapped a finger on the kitchen table nervously, “This is going to get bad, isn't it?”

Carol sighed, "Yup. The Xandarians will flip when they find out about the Vibranium, and start a cold war against Wakanda. They don't need to fight, they just need to squeeze everyone else enough we do it for them. Have you heard back from Jean?"

Peter shook his head. "She got a message from Charles and then up and left." He had gotten a 'I'm safe, but I can't tell you where I am' message from her and that was the last they saw of her. He took a breath and huffed it out, “So, what's our stance, and what about AIM and Parker Inc?”

“Pepper is busy running wild with the fallout of the congressional hearings. We’re fine financially, it's politically we’re not so great. That damn ARCA keeps rearing its ugly head,” Liv answered. “They want a complete physiological breakdown of the Symbiotes. As they are an alien race, they need to know for 'medical purposes'.” Liv made finger quotes at the last part.

Peter leaned forward, resting his forehead on his hands. “Give it to them, but leave out the ability swapping and the powering up by host jumping. Add in some bullcrap about a bonding being permanent, and that we can change colour. Give them a list of every Symbiote made, their colours, but not everyone's powers.”

Liv nodded “Are you sure though, it will give them avenues to exploit any weakness they can find.”

“Better to give them that than nothing. At least we can leave them figuring it out for the next decade.” Peter knew there was no way to clone the Symbiotes without using high-level tech. Osborn had the Kree medical equipment, and he doubted the Xandarians would help.

Liv shook her head, “And if they insist on sample data, actual Symbiotic tissue?”

Peter laughed, “Tell them to get their own. If Flash wants to give up a sample, or god forbid they're stupid enough to ask Maria that's fine. But nobody gets made to do anything they dont want to, and that includes this. The Symbiotes are still living creatures. They can call all the laws and idiocy they want but they still have rights and still get protected.”

Liv nodded, “I’ll arrange with Pepper. If this goes through proper channels I can get our legal team to make sure that nobody pulls any fast ones.”

“Oh and make sure the Xandarians aren't involved. They get nothing.” Peter leaned back with a serious look on his face, “And if anyone comes with a warrant for Carol, give them hell. Hole up in the basement and stay there.” He sighed, “But, do what you need to. They came after us once, this time, dont hold back.”

The group nodded. Wanda added, "I’ll keep a sling ring on me. Send an emergency code and I can get there myself.”

Peter sighed, “Well, this is depressing. Anyone got any good news?”

Gwen smiled, “Stephen says I'm good enough to train with him and Wanda.” She proudly held out her own sling ring. “I uh, still can't use it though. Some small yellow sparkly things but nothing stable enough to travel through.”

Wanda shook her head in exasperation. “Because it's a complex runic formula powered by will and intent, not yellow sparkly things. I would have thought that you of all people would recognise the need for proper measurements.”

Gwen huffed and leaned back in her chair, “They are yellow and sparkly, so bite me.”

Wanda laughed, “She is really in a mood because Stephen would not tell her if unicorns were real.”

Gwen huffed, “Dragons are real, so why not unicorns?”

Wanda moved over and kissed her gently on the side of the face. “Because every spoilt little girl would want one as a pet if they were real.” 

Gwen looked up at her, “So you know?” Wanda grinned but shrugged, “Oh come on. See Pete, see what they put me through.” 

Wanda laughed and kissed her again. “Poor baby, it's not fair is it, getting picked on and being the bottom of the class.” 

Gwen pouted and huffed. Everyone laughed as the huffy Gwen doubled down and sunk down into her chair.

Peter frowned though, “Wait, dragons are real?”

This novel is only hosted on ScribbleHub. 

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/525389/spiderman-the-house-of-venom/

If you would like to read the first draft, you can find it here

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/228718/spiderman-house-of-venom-first-draft/

If you want to contact me, I am on most days. You can leave a message here,

https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/44182/malisson/

Any sites hosting this novel have done so without my permission.

Thank You For Reading.

14