Arc Fifteen. Chapter Four Hundred Twenty-Seven. Blood Diamond
107 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emma landed and walked over, a small smirk on her face as Elektra shrugged. “I thought you would leave something for me darling, but I guess we can't all be a ninja warrior.” 

Elektra laughed, “We need to watch out. Matt called me to say that soldiers are also involved.” 

Emma frowned and raised a finger to her temple. “Oh yes, and from the interference, they are Gamma Enhanced as Peter calls them. A lot tougher.”

Elektra frowned “What is a Gamma Enhanced?” This was news to her. She never bothered to listen to the news about the Enhanced, she let Selene deal with that. She was happy to use the Hellfire Club to funnel funds to the Chaste and keep tabs on high-profile targets.

Emma sighed “Hulks, they are Hulks darling. You need to pay attention more.”

Elektra coughed. “Hulks? We cannot fight Hulks. He trashed Harlem. He smashed up that helicarrier." She shook her head, "No no no. You are kidding me? And more than one?” 

Elektra was verging on hysterical at the thought of having to fight more than one of those things. She had never met Hulk but the film footage she had seen him described as 'monstrous'. She was not stupid enough to attempt to fight something like that.

She felt a wave of warmth pass over her, “You need to calm down, they won't be like Hulk, even they aren't that stupid. Just think, I don't know, giant? Maybe troll or yeti-sized.”

“Emma, that isn't helping, they are still monsters!”

Emma snorted, “They are men, and men can be hurt and defeated. Nobody is perfect.”

Elektra raised an eyebrow, “Oh sorry, were you done. I was expecting,” she copied Emma's voice, “except me darling. I’m fabulous.”

Emma laughed, “Well, at least someone else admits it.” Elektra shook her head. “But we won't have any soldiers here. I sent them all away.” Elektra shrugged, “Oh come on. Why fight when you don't have to? And I didn't kill them, they are just taking a small nap. Formula or not, a human mind is still a human mind.”

“Sometimes I worry about you, Emma. You seem so frail and yet so dangerous,” Elektra admitted.

“All the most wonderful things in life are, darling.”

As Hades rippled back into Elektra's normal tracksuit and top, Emma tilted her head to one side.

“I think I spoke too soon. I missed one.”

The black and white Shield coloured armour glided down to street level and landed with a thunk. War Machine stood and faced both women. Repulsors whined and powered up with coils of blue light, and were both raised at Elektra. 

“Elektra Natchios. For your part in the Hellfire Club murders, you are under arrest. Miss, for your safety, please stand to one side.”

“That is a very interesting suit of armour, War Machine was it?” As he levelled his wrist cannons at her, Emma raised both her hands in surrender, “Now now, we don't want trouble.”

War Machine motioned to the wreckage, “Yeah looks like it. Elektra Natchios, you are under arrest. Please come quietly.”

Elektra looked over at Emma, I can't feel his mind, what is that suit made of?

Emma mentally shrugged, as even trying to use her powers on it was futile. It was strange. It seemed capable of deflecting her telepathic energy. She tutted, Peter has been holding out on me, I bet it's Vibranium. Arsehole. See if I don't punish him somehow.

“If you don’t want trouble then why are you here? Elektra is not an Augment, nor is she under arrest for any crimes. The Hellfire murders? I was there darling. Elektra bought that pit after Shaw was rotting in whatever pit he was thrown in. It seems to me you were looking for an excuse to come here. So. Under what authority are you making this arrest? If I recall the act, All Enhanced, Armoured or Augments are not allowed to act on their own.” Emma pointed a finger at him, stepping in front of Elektra. “So. What's really your objective here?”

Laughter rang from the suit. “War Machine is a fully sanctioned Shield agent. I'm acting within the authority of the ARCA to detain dangerous Enhanced individuals. And if my X-Gene scanner is correct, you are an Augment, so you too.” The cannon on his shoulder swivelled and pointed at Emma. “Let's make this nice and peaceful. I'm not one of those tin cans, and I can defend myself if need be.”

Emma shook her head, “I don't have time for this. None of us has time for this.” While his armour seemed to be resistant to her powers, there were parts that weren’t. The pulse rifle on his wrist was coated in the energy-resistant material, but not the barrels. Emma took hold of one with her mind and War Machine punched himself in the face with it.

Emma stood, while both his arms failed and he staggered trying to regain control. As one lit up, rather than allowing him to fire, she pushed the gun to his arm. It flashed bright blue-white and left a dent in the armour. Hmm, so not that much Vibranuim then. Emma focused her powers more and found larger gaps in the armour. The Vibranium seemed to be mainly around the headpiece, protecting the pilot's mind. Not that this time, that was going to help.

“I am so very sorry,” Emma said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. She grabbed and twisted his cracked arm. She swung it up, constantly knocking the helmet until its faceplate cracked.

War Machine had shut off power to the guns, they were a liability but the missiles should be fine. There were ceramic as they had known about Erik's powers over magnetism. Normally, he wasn’t allowed to use them, but they had expected Elektra to have a private security force, not an Augment. The shoulder launchers popped up and pencil-sized missiles whizzed out towards the pair.

Emma raised a hand as they impacted against a telekinetic shield. I need you to help. I can't maintain this shield and fight, Emma sent to Elektra. Help damn you, Emma snapped at her.

Elektra nodded. She had been too busy staring at the huge armoured suit in front of her. Stick was going to tear her a new one that she froze but he was government. By attacking back she was committing a felony. It didn't matter she had lost count of how many bodies she had hidden, he was a Shield agent and a high-profile target. It now didn't matter though. They had come for her, and they would use any excuse to get her in prison. Even Stick couldn't save her if she vanished into the system. So, with no choice, her outfit rippled and Hades coated her. Her arm stretched out as she created a much larger two-handed Odachi. Sai would not be good enough for this job.

Hades nodded as she slid forward and swung her blade, making Warmachine lean back. Emma took the extra momentum and pushed on the inside of the barrel. She found another weak spot and pushed, making him fall. As War Machine knew he was about to get stabbed, he ignited his boots and sped backwards. Lifting his hands, he fired more missiles at the pair.

He’s a tough bastard, even with the damage I can barely move it. It's that stupid metal Peter keeps giving everyone,

You should punish him when you get the chance, but I think he might enjoy it, Elektra snickered in her mind.

Laugh it up, darling. I know exactly how your tastes run as well. I never hear Felicia complaining about all that fancy knotwork you made her learn.

War Machine shook his head to readjust his HUD. Doctor Octavius had done a great job, but the techs at Shield had been unhappy about her work. Instead of leaving it alone, they had been screwing around inside. Everything still worked fine, but it always felt off after they had finished. As they messed with the weapons and added more, they created a problem. Lack of space for a decent amount of ammo. After firing three times, the missile pods registered as empty so he retracted them. The blonde one could control his arms, so that was out, instead, he activated the suit's melee combat system. He fired off a bola, and it spun towards the woman in white, wrapping around her chest, and pinning her arms.

“I will use lethal force if you make me, but this doesn't have to go this way,” he said as the armour lifted off and zoomed away. They had very few files on Augments, other than the magnetic abilities of Erik. If her powers had a range then he needed to gain altitude, and it got him away from Elektra as well. Peter's powers might be impressive but he had nothing that could reach this high.

“Well, there he goes. Can I borrow your little friend?” Emma asked.

“Hades? You want to take Hades?” Elektra asked surprised.

“I can fly, you can’t. So unless you want me to go up there defenceless against whatever else he has, then yes. And now’s not the time to be prudish. I already know what dirty little thoughts you have while Felicia is here.”

Elektra huffed, “She is not staying, but she agrees.” Holding out a hand, the red cloth slithered away and crawled up Emma’s arm. Taking off her jacket, she threw it at the now-naked Elektra,

“Great, thank you. This covers so much,” she said, rolling her eyes and draping it over her front. “Don't take too long. It's freezing out here,” she shouted as Hades wrapped herself around Emma and they took to the skies.

We know you, Emma, we have tasted you from Octave, and you are-

Yes yes, a clone, I don't fucking care, if you knew then why?

Clone? Don’t care. You are a perfect mate for Peter, take him. We like the mind touches, but we cannot, the Liv is the same, but we feel nothing, only Elektra, with you, we see and feel more.

And Elektra will have my hide if I keep you, no, I can't. Or we discuss this with Elektra after we kick this idiot's arse.

Hades shimmered and vanished.

As his radar scanned the sidewalk he felt his armour shift and a slight pain in his back. His rear camera feed popped up an image and the red symbiote woman, holding her blade was floating. She growled at him as the blade slid further into his armour.

The sharp pain faded and at first, he felt a cold numbness spreading with a feeling of wetness. As it soon faded, he realised that he couldn't feel his legs. His HUD was flashing red as there was damage all over the suit. The one warning he couldn't take his eyes off though was on the back of the suit. It was registering that the main spinal column actuators had been severed. Rhodey realised that part ran directly over the pilot's spine. Oh god, she just cut me in half, he panicked, but the suit hadn't been compromised. No, no no, oh god no. Even he knew he was probably paralysed. He had done the Shield first aid course, and knew lack of feeling in an area after a huge injury was a bad sign. "Please, no, no more," he begged. If she was willing to go that far, she was willing to do a lot worse.

The creature hissed and left the blade sticking from his back, spinning him around. She grabbed the front of his armour and drove her head into his face plate. “We never wanted this.” She did it again until it dented enough. The HUD went dark and light streamed in at James Rhodes as she pulled the front of his helmet off. He paled as he saw the face of his attacker, a rictus grin of teeth and tongue. “You made us do this.” 

He thought she was about to kill him, but instead, she gripped him close. “We wished to be left alone.” She drove her hand into the arc reactor chamber and tore it free. As it shorted out, the boosters on his feet cut out and he began to fall.

He was only a few hundred feet up, but with his injuries and the damage to the armour, it wouldn't matter. At that height he was dead, and he closed his eyes as he fell.

With the wind whistling, he could only see the sidewalk, and then Elektra, fly towards him. At any other time, he would be glad the jacket tore free, but right now, he was just happy he wasn’t dead. As she grabbed him under the arms and landed with a huge thud, she collapsed under the weight of the armour.

“I know I have powers Emma, but he is still very heavy. And Hades, you are not allowed to bond with her. That was uncalled for.”

Hades floated down and she held out a hand and slid back over to Elektra.

“Incapacitate him, not cripple or kill him.” Elektra chastised the pair, and as James lay, unable to move in his armour,

“Uh, can you call 911? I am really hurt here,” he asked, and the women tutted.

“Really? You are asking for us to call emergency services?”  Emma asked but Elektra batted her on the arm.

“He would not need them if you had behaved.” 

Emma shrugged, thankful Hades hadn't eaten her clothes. She was slightly upset that her jacket was flying its way down the street, but she would bill Peter for another one. “He wouldn't need them if he hadn't attacked me. What did you think I was going to do, kiss him and take him shopping?”

“I did not expect you to fly and make a giant sword. We are not killers Emma, well, we are not killers anymore. This is enough to lock you away,” Elektra chastised her.

Emma shrugged once more, “Oh? I don't think he knew who I was until you said my name darling, so maybe next time.“ She paused as Elektra glared at her. “Fine, Fine,” she said as she raised her hands in surrender.

As she moved over to Rhodey she put a hand on his chest, “Sorry darling, I might have accidentally severed your spine. Don't move, everything else is fine though, some bruises, nothing major.” she said as Rhodey glared at her. Rolling her eyes she pressed a finger to his forehead and used her powers to shock him unconscious.

Elektra rubbed a hand over her forehead, “Severing his spine is a big deal, Emma. I will wait until an ambulance arrives. Or his men.”

“Suit yourself, I knocked him out, for now, stopped the bleeding and used a piece of armour to bind his wound. You can bitch all you like but he attacked us, those weren't Nerf darts darling, they were missiles.”

Elektra sighed, “I know, but I try really hard not to just murder away all my problems. It is a bad habit to get into.”

“Uh, do you mind? I am still hurt here.”

Elektra and Emma looked over. Rhodey was lying in the armour, which was open-faced,

“I thought you said you knocked him out?” Elektra asked.

Emma shrugged, “I did.”

“The armour has an emergency response unit with an independent power supply. It zapped me awake after you knocked me out. But uh, that's really not important,” Rhodey explained. “I'm kinda hurt here, and we can discuss who’s to blame later, maybe after you get me to a hospital?”

Emma tutted, “I am not taking you anywhere. You sent giant robots after us, attacked us, and now you expect us to be nice? You're lucky I didn't aim higher.” She smirked at him, “Or lower.”

Elektra batted her on the arm, “What did I just say about being polite?” 

Emma rolled her eyes, “I don't care. I am off to find Peter. You can clean this mess up, I don't work for you.” With a smile and a small wave, Emma lifted herself off the ground and headed to the warehouse.

This novel is only hosted on ScribbleHub. 

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/525389/spiderman-the-house-of-venom/

If you would like to read the first draft, you can find it here

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/228718/spiderman-house-of-venom-first-draft/

If you want to contact me, I am on most days. You can leave a message here,

https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/44182/malisson/

Any sites hosting this novel have done so without my permission.

Thank You For Reading.

12