C.47 : Undercurrents
1.6k 15 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're doing really well Lidia." Orissa praised her happily,  much to the indignation of a certain guy who felt that he simply hadn't yet had his chance to shine yet.

"I did what you asked and I'll start to search for the required equipment but I'll probably have to pay more for some things because I'm buying it off the books." 

Orissa looked at Ryan and then shook her head. Although she hadn't really used her mental ability, she didn't feel too badly if the person she used it on wasn't a good person.

"If we ask Ryan for everything, we'll not only make him poor like us, we'd probably make everyone think we're just using him for his money. He sponsored this building and the renovations, find me a list of wealthy or influential people in the city."

Although Orissa wasn't speaking loudly, the vampires looked over with surprise because she could easily acquire the necessary funds by asking Ryan, but the fact she chose to go find it elsewhere showed she didn't just see him as an ATM.

"I'll text you my number. Send me the information when you compile it. As for the rest of you who do not have anything to do, ask Ryan for a tablet or phone if you don't have one and research something. You don't have to be outstanding, but you'll need something to occupy your time going forward to keep all of you out of trouble."

"If a Commoner can surprise any of the Nobles or the other Royals, I can promote you to Nobility. As for Nobles, I'm a bit helpless there, Royalty is extremely limited." Orissa stuck out her tongue playfully at Ryan and Lidia and then headed to the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor.

"Well, you heard the Queen, go get to work. If you don't contribute, then I'll order a refrigerator, take it out the box and let you stay outside with the box. I'm keeping the refrigerator though." Hearing Ryan who was usually so generous with his money being stingy, the vampires laughed and dispersed throughout the building, each choosing a field that they found interesting while making sure they didn't overlap too much.

"I'll make an encrypted chat room so we can better figure out who's learning what now. First I have to go find some information for Orissa." Lidia left quickly with a wild Zaylee pulling her shirt's sleeve wanting to see what Orissa was so happy about so she brought her along.

...

"Was that girl really the Queen?" A pale thin middle aged man asked a male vampire sitting on a chair nearby, but when he heard his words, his brows wrinkled in confusion.

"What do you mean if she's the Queen? If she isn't, are you?" Looking at the young man's toned athletic body and handsome face, the middle aged man wondered if he had said something wrong.

"You don't look too bright so I'll explain it to you in a way you can understand, okay? If not for Her Majesty Orissa, we would be hiding like rats in the dark unable to even raise our heads, waiting until humans deemed us an eyesore and decided to eliminate us all."

"But why can she get to decide without asking anyone for our consent? Shouldn't we have a say as well?" When the younger man turned the tablet off and stood up, the middle aged man frowned.

"What do we need to say? We have shelter and safety, we'll have everything we need, so don't think too much or you'll just be shooting yourself in the face." The young man shook his head and spoke with a magnanimous expression.

"She said she can promote Common Vampires to Noble Vampires, so why are we all still Commoners? If she wanted to help us, shouldn't she let us all become strong-?" The middle aged man was so caught up in his speech that he completely missed the fist that sent him flying across the room.

"F*ck you! I was trying to help you, but you want to drag me to die with you?! That is Her Majesty's power, what right do you have to demand that? She didn't do so because of snakes like you who live for trying to screw everything up! If I wasn't so smart, I might have been swindled to death by you!" While feeling that one punch wasn't enough, his voice had attracted more vampires, and hearing his words, five vampires both male and female looked at the man unkindly.

"You want more power? Why don't you go do what our Queen did? Go cause humanity to fear you and then declare your claims to land and you might be able to perhaps amount to one percent of Her Majesty's grace and beauty!" A beauty spat out scornfully looking at the man as if she saw a piece of trash.

The other vampires looked at the beauty who was quite clearly becoming infatuated with the Queen, but who could blame her? Orissa's beauty didn't stop at gender or preference, even if she just stood in a corner, her beauty demanded that all acknowledged their attention and her soft and musical voice was like a spring breeze cutting through the cold darkness of winter.

"I didn't see you putting yourself in danger, literally becoming a target all humans could hate and seek to kill for us, but here you stand speaking of wanting power? Power that isn't even yours to take?"

"Maybe you can stay and wait for Orissa to come back so she can talk some sense into you?" The original handsome vampire spoke as if he was thinking for this guy's best interests, but his angry face gave it away.

He still was unwilling to let this bastard go! He just wanted to help him, but this bastard wanted to harm him! He really wanted to rush over and punch this mentally unsound idiot.

"Haha, no need! I just had a moment of senility that has passed and I now realize that my words were a bit mislea-" A sense of coercion similar to Orissa's came from the doorway where a gorgeous redhead leaned against the door looking at the man as if she were looking at a clown.

"I heard what happened. You words weren't just misleading, but were an outright challenge to Orissa. If you think you can leave now, don't. You've seen and heard too much so she will decide how to deal with you. You six did well, I'll ask Orissa if any Nobility spots are open but to ensure you get one, learn quickly." Sierra flashed over to the man and grabbed his shoulder, her strength easily overwhelming his own and dragged him away like a defeated dog.

68