C.59 : Annihilation
1.4k 25 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orissa watched the blood splash in the ground, frowning because her slash with her hand didn't extend that far logically, but in the moment she brought her hand down, the blood in the wolf's body seemed to obey her and actually cut the wolf in two.

"Are you okay?" Orissa flashed over to the vampire who was bitten, holding their shoulder with a ferocious expression now that the hood had fallen away.

"Yes Your Majesty." The vampire nodded and was surprised when Orissa bit her wrist and tilted his head back forcefully, letting her blood flow down his throat.

"You'll be fine." Orissa blurred back into action and after killing eleven more wolves, she realized that the specific sound of a wolf's heart kept coming endlessly like a tide.

The other vampires had various degrees of injuries, the worse being a halfway severed arm from a wolf's claws. All in all, the vampires had the advantage in one on one fights, but the wolves were far more numerous than they were.

"Enough!" For the first time, Orissa exerted some of her presence as a Royal Vampire and the air rippled like a lake's surface with a rock thrown in, her eyes bright purple in anger.

She was here to prevent her people's deaths, but these mangy dogs kept attacking like they were brainless. If this continued, even if they outlasted the wolves, the humans might bomb them when the sun rose.

The wolves couldn't withstand the pressure and retreated with whimpers when a long howl cut through the night. A wolf the size of a horse smashed through the wall and snarled at Orissa who bared her fangs while hissing.

"You should be an Alpha? I somehow know that... You don't have everything, just like I don't, but I have more than you. Do you dare to try me little puppy?" Orissa grinned when the wolf accelerated and appeared with it's giant maw wanting to bite her head.

If Orissa was a normal vampire, she wouldn't have been able to react because wolves had ranks like vampires did. A Royal Vampire could be said to be countered by an Alpha, but Royal Vampires could fight without much worry, only Royal Vampires weren't as numerous as werewolf Alphas.

Orissa leaned back in a display of inhuman flexibility and kicked the Alpha flying through the wall. The air crackled like thunder when her foot hit and the momentum sent the wolf flying away.

It was strange, almost like having a library she had access to, but couldn't view contents unless it was very specific. Improving intelligence and using their blood to speak to vampires regardless of distance wasn't very hard, but fighting an Alpha who undoubtedly had abilities of their own was annoying.

"I'll let you leave now. If you attack me again, consider the lives of your pack and your own forfeit." Orissa walked to the hole and leapt out into the street, landing across from the wolf that had plowed into a building over a hundred feet away.

Tens of wolves surrounded her but kept their distance. Even if she did only look human, her strength and the sense of danger they got from her kept them from charging in wildly.

"Stay." The other vampires wanted to assist, but Orissa kept them away. When she cut the wolf in two, she found something that made her want to laugh in amazement.

Wolf Squad could barely keep their bodies from shaking because what had transpired wasn't even remotely human. There was nothing they could do, nothing a bullet could do against these creatures.

The Alpha rushed out of the building at a speed Orissa couldn't fully dodge and before she could counter, it felt like she had been hit by a tank with rockets attached. 

She felt her bones shudder as she slammed through half a building before stopping herself. Aside from when the Alpha hit her flying, she didn't take any further damage and her bones were already healing any minor fractures.

"Since you don't want to leave, then you can stay here forever." The fact that an Alpha Wolf actually dared to injure her after she had pardoned it... that such a lowly creature could dare to harm her. Impossible!

"This Queen won't entertain you anymore. Since you want to die, I'll send you on your way." If the presence before rendered everyone unable to act, then the pressure that exploded from Orissa's body caused the building to explode outwards.

In the skies, the half moon turned red and clouds formed. Before anyone could react, a bone chilling wind blew and and red lightning flashed in the skies above the city as if the world was undergoing an apocalypse.

"What can one expect from a dog? How silly, to think you can stand in opposition of me? Unlike humanity, you have no use aside from being an eyesore." Orissa's voice resounded across the city eerily and her figure appeared from the clouds of dust, her purple eyes glowing while her slitted pupils were golden.

Kira, Irene, Clara who was a bit out of it, the vampires, the humans who were nearby and the wolves saw Orissa lean forward slightly and a pair of bat-like black wings extended out from her back for close to fifteen meters.

"You may be a wolf, a strong Alpha. But you picked the wrong opponent. You challenged me, and I've wracked my brain on how to give you a fitting end. Now I know!" Her black wings flapped and she soared upwards and hovered at two hundred feet up, stretching out her hand.

"Will you whimper or cry? Will you feel regret, for those you've led to die here. For your own life being lost? How fulfilling. Mutts like you..." Orissa smiled darkly when a mass of blood gathered in her hand and tossed it upwards.

"Will be annihilated." As Orissa's voice echoed through the city, the blood she threw upwards turned into a ten meter long single bladed greatsword made of blood that followed her will and cut down.

Before the sword did so, the air was torn apart and a brilliant red light burst into existence. Orissa could feel the blood fueling the attack, then the glow expanded in a straight line and the city trembled, then the sword fell.

The humans couldn't see anything for a moment except brilliant red light and a sound similar to an explosion, then their vision returned and what they saw made their hearts turn cold. 

For over five miles in a single direction was a ten meter wide slash that cut through everything, trees, cars, and even buildings. The ground outside looked as if a bomb went off judging by the bits of rubble and pieces of flesh left behind.

"I can feel your prying gazes. No dog will set foot in this city, it is not a place you mutts can thread. Also, if you who are watching wish to play games, I'll be more than willing to accompany you."

Orissa looked up at the dense cloudy skies but didn't dissipate the clouds. If she were going to stay long term, then what good was the sun? It would be better off not appearing.

She didn't expect that the world was far more mysterious than she thought. If werewolves and vampires existed, that could probably be considered within the realm of science, even if it was a stretch.

But what she did just then wasn't scientific at all. Even more than that, those who were observing from far off, she knew they had abilities that didn't make sense either.

When she landed, her wings were pulled back and vanished. Her presence that commanded the world to yield faded and she felt a bit tired for the first time since she became a vampire.

Keep Magic or No?
  • Yes!
  • Don't Overdo It
  • No!
Total voters: 138 · This poll was closed on Oct 20, 2022 09:22 AM.
67