C.63 : Commotion
1.6k 14 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time Orissa had made it to Sierra and Zaylee, Odelle had calmed herself down a bit. She knew even if she did create Orissa, the fact that Orissa didn't hate her was good enough for now.

But in the future, who knew what could happen? As the clock kept ticking, Orissa's lips twitched and she scooped up a blue kitten from the ground and gave Sierra a deadpan look.

"Sierra... Did you mention to Zaylee that kittens aren't blue?" Orissa stroked the kitten's fur in her arms while giving Sierra a look of exasperation.

"I did. But she thought that a blue cat would be cool." Sierra defended herself weakly because although Zaylee was a little angel in Orissa's presence, to everyone else she would act like a stubborn child.

"Oh. Well, good attempt." Orissa patted Sierra's shoulder and followed her to Lidia's room. In the time she hadn't been here, Lidia must have had a field day because half of the room was filled with monitors.

Lidia was in the middle of something as she typed away, her pointy ears twitching as she detected their arrival. Orissa tapped a keyboard nearby and wondered just how much this set up had cost, but if it helped Lidia, she didn't mind spending money.

"Your Majesty." Lidia gently tapped the keyboard a few times and then got up and smiled slightly when Orissa shook her head. Even if Orissa didn't want to be called Queen, she still had to be respectful.

"So there's some good news and there's also some less good news. Which do you want to hear first?" Lidia turned back and waited for Orissa to choose, smiling when she locked eyes with the strange blue cat in Orissa's embrace.

"Good news is always welcome." Orissa chimed in so Lidia minimized a few tabs and a screen displaying the globe with every country shown in detail appeared.

"Okay, good news it is then. So when the broadcast was underway, several countries wanted to cut the feed or block it, but they couldn't. The people all over have been in a buzz after the fight earlier."

"I looked through a few forums and the amount of people wanting to become vampires are noticeable. And since Ryan was generous enough to give me his email, I've gotten over thirty messages from wealthy and important figures asking for a meeting."

"Well, it could be worse." Orissa shrugged because she knew another country wouldn't dare to use a nuclear weapon on another country's land, and since the U.S wouldn't tolerate it.

"And then we have a few other problems. There are some people who feel enraged by our actions or just want an excuse to be a hero, so at daybreak, they'll rally in an attempt to attack us." Lidia didn't seem worried at all about them.

"Because vampires are portrayed as weak to the sun, they'll be waiting for the sun. Too bad." Orissa chuckled because the clouds above the city kept the sun from shining down from above.

"Do we kill them then? If they cause damage to the building, that would be troublesome." Odelle muttered softly. If the humans carried out their attack, even if no vampires died, the deterence of the vampires would be lowered.

"Ideally, we should, but then more would come and then we'd be caught in an endless cycle. How's Mira doing with the cloaks?" Orissa asked Odelle but it was Lidia who spoke up.

"She had several vampires who had nothing else to do help make them. We had sixteen when she last checked in." Orissa raised an eyebrow and then nodded and looked at Odelle.

"Well, at least they're not being lazy." Orissa smiled at the screen and then tapped her chin while thinking of the best way to repel them without letting their previous momentum fall.

"Call the police. They want to kill people, that's clearly against the law and as law abiding people, we can only report this." Hearing Orissa's righteous tone and serious expression, even Sierra who would die for her wanted to laugh.

"Of course, if some get through, then we have no choice but to defend ourselves. No lethal attacks, just cripple them but leave them alive." Orissa snapped her fingers with finality.

"At that point, wouldn't they wish they had died instead?" Odelle asked with barely contained ridicule in her tone, but Orissa stalked over and flicked her forehead lightly.

"So? If they take their lives after we so 'graciously' let them live, it has nothing to do with us then. Since we have the initial momentum, if the wolves were smart, they'd try to use any excuse to have the humans despise us, so we can't let them."

"Funnily enough, I'm very bored My Queen." Odelle complained to Orissa who sighed helplessly and then a mischievous smile flashed as she changed her appearance to match Odelle's.

"Wow, I can see why you always have people fawning over you." When Odelle stared at Orissa who now had her appearance silently, Orissa wanted to ask what was wrong but she saw Odelle's eyes and swallowed hard.

"Change!" Odelle spat out coldly so Orissa hung her head in dejection and then looked around for Lidia and then turned on a nearby computer and started to look for a game to play online.

Even if she was a vampire, an apex predator of the night, if they didn't hunt and kill, there really wasn't much else to do aside from indulge in the paths or interests they chose.

"Go back to normal." Odelle once again spoke, poking Orissa's shoulder until she had no choice but to undo her Art so Odelle would stop driving her insane.

"What do we do Odelle? I'm so bored! If I knew this would be the result of my actions, I'd just have kept being a criminal and an outlaw, it was more fun that way." Orissa slumped in defeat with a dead expression on her face.

"Look on the bright side, now that we have a foothold, we can do more things you want to do." Lidia comforted Orissa because she could now guess that unlike most Nobles, the Queen didn't have a particular field she wished to dive in to.

"I guess. So after we repel this attack, we'll have to do a lot to play catch up you know?" Orissa grimaced because the days ahead now looked gloomy and bleak in her eyes.

"Don't worry Orissa. If you have nothing else to do, I don't think you can't figure out what you truly want. I don't know you well enough to say, but I don't think your ability to tolerate boredom is that high." Lidia ended her words with a teasing tone and then returned to her work.

65