C.66 : Reality
1.2k 12 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You! You think you can get off with words?! What about those who died!? I'll f*cking kill you!" A man who seemed to be at the ends of his wits seeing everyone else hesitating stepped out and aimed at Orissa.

Before he could pull the trigger, a hand smacked him away and into a car with a thud. Orissa clapped her hands as if she had done something insignificant, which she had, and then looked at the others.

"You banded together to come and kill us, and by right, everything inside me is screaming to kill you here, to make you realize the depths of your foolishness, but I won't." Orissa glanced at them and turned around.

"Why did you all come out?" Orissa tilted her head seeing some of the vampires in cloaks standing at the door looking at her and asked, and rubbed her nose when they said they were only spectating.

"If that was true, you could do that from the sounds alone." Orissa rolled her eyes but didn't continue to press them for information, opting to head to Kira and Irene when a loud gunshot sounded.

Orissa immediately slid into a crouch beyond what a human could perceive, but when she heard the sound of someone behind her falling down with a pained hiss, she shot up and flashed over and tore the area where black blood seeped from.

"Silver?" The vampire who had been shot was already feeling the pain of her cells burning, as if the part she had been injured at were in the sun. If not for her instincts dictating that being docile would help more than going feral, she would have.

"Find who did this, and bring them to me." Orissa spat out coldly, her voice so cold that even the vampires who were mad regained a bit of clarity as they blurred into motion and vanished in a certain direction.

"It hurts a lot." Removing the hood, Orissa could see the woman's bright red eyes, black sclera, and fangs. If she couldn't hide such simple things, that meant she was truly out of it.

"Orissa, you cannot kill the shooter! We'll address this according to the law of the country." Irene said but Orissa didn't even look at her, instead biting her wrist and letting her black blood drip into the woman's mouth.

"According to your words, I should step back? No. I should yield to your will, correct? But, I am the enemy, so I doubt he'd face a punishment worth his actions." Orissa lifted the woman and put her inside and then came back out and looked at Irene.

"You can imprison him, but I dislike that. I will let him understand his mistakes, and then you can clean up afterwards." Orissa looked in a certain direction and saw five vampires hop down and walk over dragging two men and a woman behind them.

"We found them along with the weapon." A vampire tossed a large sniper rifle aside and the others dropped them on the ground roughly before Orissa, whose purple eyes were glowing with barely contained fury.

"Do you know what you've almost done?" Orissa asked with a low growl, the sound so terrifying a layer of sweat appeared on the foreheads of those humans nearest to her.

"You're simply a demon! So what if you were human before?! Are you anything but a dead corpse now? If we put you and your demons to rest for good, the world would be better off!" The man looked tough, and spoke and expected Orissa to kill him, but she smiled gently.

"You're actually right. Thank you for telling me what it was I was doing wrong. We were humans, emphasis on were. We are technically dead, so we should die. Is that how you all feel?" Orissa's voice carried a trace of murderous intent as she looked at those who had come before.

"No need to answer. Before, I still viewed things with a more human perspective and would let you leave. But... He is right, I'm dead and I can only be seen as a demon."

"I'd still be a demon even if I didn't attack your city because of what I am, what I was turned into. But, I'm not human, and although I would have felt it before as a pity, I am now happy."

"I won't ever be a part of your twisted irredeemable race of idiots again. So many wars, deaths, pointless fighting? And for what? You're still right where you began muddling around like an infestation." Orissa's eyes narrowed as she glared at all the human's present.

"You wished to fight when I wished for peace? Then we can fight. No, not fight. I will send you all on your way." Orissa looked at the woman and crouched before her with a smile that contained only malice.

The woman lurched forward, a knife stabbing at Orissa's heart, but Orissa grabbed the woman's wrist and stood, the near instantaneous movement on her end causing the woman's wrist to fracture.

"Aggh!" A shrill scream sounded and even the police wanted to intervene, but the vampires stopped between them and Orissa, although their faces were hidden, their intentions were clear.

"I offered peace, you chose war. You chose death." Orissa's voice was hauntingly beautiful and almost gentle, but the contents were terrifying enough that even with the pain of a broken wrist, the woman's screams turned to whimpers.

"You, the living care not for the dead, so why should the dead care about you? You can only reap what you sow. I will be kind and not send you along into death, instead I will give you a gift..." Orissa's eyes turned icy cold.

"But whether or not you can endure is on you~" Orissa used a Vampiric Art she hadn't used before, and the woman's eyes widened in fear as a heart-rending screech left her lips.

Orissa stepped back and observed the woman flailing on the ground wildly, tears flowing from her eyes. Her gaze was distant but filled with insanity brought by terror, as if she wasn't seeing anything around her, and soon her body went still and her breathing stopped.

"Well, a pity. I was so sure you could last longer than that~" Orissa looked at the woman's corpse and spoke lightly. The other two men who weren't being restrained looked at the corpse of their former companion and then at Orissa with fear.

"Who sent you?" Her words were simple but their bodies shook. They could tell that death would be a blessing, one they wouldn't get unless they suffered like their teammate did.

"We were assigned this task by an overseas client." One of the men spoke and the other nodded but Orissa eyes flashed and yet another person started twitching as his body released both urine and excrement. A few moments passed and he no longer drew breath either.

"I dislike lies." Orissa said lightly and turned to the last man, walking over and crouching next to him, looking him in the eyes. If the previous two were any warning, it was clear.

"The Assistant Secretary of Defense Adam Hayes!" The man shouted and Orissa asked again, this time using mental domination to ensure he was telling the truth and nodded when he said the name again.

"Alright, one last thing. Who shot her?" Orissa asked and a quick mental domination told her the answer. The man paled but his mouth moved against his will.

"I d-did." His words were hoarse and fear was etched on his face but Orissa only nodded and walked away. She picked up the sniper rifle before he could even take a breath in relief and fired it twice.

The man opened his eyes but realized he wasn't injured. Looking out the corner of his eye, he saw a hole in the corpse of his companion, same for the female too.

Orissa tossed the weapon aside and walked over and stood before the man who harmed someone under her. Although he was following orders, a bit of self awareness could have helped him avoid this.

"They didn't do it, so they got off easy. I'll make sure you get to enjoy every last bit~" As Orissa spoke, blood defied gravity and formed a thin blade which she waved in front of his eyes and then stabbed it deeply into his hand.

"You used this to harm her, so I'll help you repent in her stead." The blood in his hand and arm began being sucked into the knife. The feeling of blood flowing backwards in his arm made him scream until his voice was unable to come out.

"Relax my friend. You have three limbs left~" Orissa smiled happily and jabbed the blade into his thigh, and his leg shriveled noticeably. Soon, all his limbs were devoid of blood and then she got up and reshaped her weapon.

She held several hundred blades in the air and gave the man a cheerful smile. With the blood she took, she made sure to leave his nerves in a semi normal state so he could experience everything she did and he clearly felt every moment as even his face was pale and almost devoid of anything but pain.

"The end comes for you now. Don't worry, I'll send that retard on his way soon too~" Orissa slammed the knives down and the blades slashed the man's body into pieces, and then detonated and pieces of meat and drops of blood splattered everywhere.

54