375. Beholder E. and Inflow Direct
722 11 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I am the innumerable. E. Eternity – the Constant, but at a steep price as you can see.”

Beholder E.’s voice rang like a hollow, tinny bell as he directed his ridged, mechanical arms down to his artificial body – an amalgamation of liquid tubes and steel.

“Inflow Direct is the Atelier I command, forever upholding its foundational values, and acquired morals that I believe align well with you, Amalgam.”

“The Atelier that prescribes the Wandering Healers with Serum S shared the same values as I?” Frost saw this more of an appeasement than the truth, however, the Arbiter’s feathers rustled in response surprisingly enough.

Not that it meant it was the ‘truth’. It wasn’t like the Coat of Prejudice’s ability was infallible. Also, she found it interesting that the Arbiter adopted the power of the One Thousand Eyed Bird’s Corrupted Item as an Ability.

“Wandering Healers are an entirely separate topic. While they are under our Atelier’s registry, we neither endorse, condone, nor condemn their actions. We only facilitate it, as do our partners.”

Beholder E. spoke slowly, but also with an odd sense of urgency. It was like he had all the time in the world, but equally not enough.

“We have a long history with the Healers. But my Atelier did not officially begin its heightened advocation and preservation of them until 60 years ago. The strongest push began 30 years later. Before that, we were what you could call the flock of the same feathers. Inflow Direct operates on multiple fronts, mostly on the augmentation of the self through artificial means, whether it be through prosthesis, or through our liquid miracles.”

Beholder E. was thorough, and it was clear that he wished to explain himself before he had to dabble on the situation of the healers. It was no secret that their oath to protect the healers had been exposed to be weak, or at best a complete lie.

“We harness Liquid Nex to create our miracles, and to power our artificial chassis. My technology and its processes allow us to transform known magic and Skills into a liquid, consumable form. Minor Healing into healing potions. Minor Mana Restoration into Mana potions. The purpose is to empower those who lack it. Who wishes to persist. And to give second chances to those that need it…”

His artificial heart dimmed slightly, right before a rush of bubbles clouded his floating brain. A peculiar white liquid was injected into his torso chassis, with blue liquid gushing into two transparent rods in his upper back.

“However, not all come from magic directly, or are made conventionally. Namely, Serum S and the Infusions.”

“What’s the difference? I’ve seen what Serum S does to people. What kind of magic does that?” Frost inquired, causing the Arbiter’s eyes to seal shut, as Satania stared at Jury’s throat.

“Serum S – Salvation is not a Serum we produce, nor dispense. But it is one that exists in our catalogues.”

“And you expect me to believe that!?” Frost snapped, the Nexus shaking right as Satania raised a hand to quell her rage.

“Amalgam. A word if you please? Serum S is an abnormal liquid. I’ve even had the displeasure of dealing with it before.” She tapped her neck, feeling the shape of her laryngeal prominence.

Or in other words, her Adam’s Apple.

“A golden puss that oozes from the organ found in an Angel’s throat. It’s known to have ill side effects on those that consume it, such as a rapid, agonizing, terrible death. But in exceptionally rare instances, it can enhance the soul of certain individuals. It is a gamble for salvation. The winners…”

Her eyes fell onto the triplets.

“… find their own meaning of Salvation, aside from inevitable death. An Angel is their likely supplier. I may come across as shrewd, but I think you view Angels as benevolent beings. Challenge that perspective. White Wing, and the Unwinged Whore… So righteous, aren’t they?”

Satania sarcastically remarked, shooting a piercing gaze at Beholder Marionette.

“Only I can decide who’s worthy of my trust. Still, I didn’t think Serum S would be the fluids of an Angel.” Frost brought the Council back on topic, glaring at Satania who suddenly amended her demeanor. “And the Infusions?”

“Through the Midas Extractor. It is a major Aspect of the now Liquidated Midas Company. Inflow Direct technically operates with two technologies. One that harmlessly converts, and another that painfully extracts. We use it to strip the Condemned Beholders, and largely myself, of magic and convert them into Infusions. Infusion S is one of mine.”

Frost was confused. Why had he stripped himself of his magic? This took her aback.

“Why did you strip yourself of your magic as well?”

“Sorrow. My immolation for the day the snowfields of the north were dyed red with healer’s blood. Though, I still wonder if that was a choice of mine to begin with… But I am perfect. I am now infinite, in thanks to the Mothers that now nurture this shell of mine.”

So they don’t steal magic. I thought healers had their magic stolen from them because of Inflow Direct. But they just turn it into liquid.

He also revealed that healers benefited from converting their magic, as it aided in leveling them. It didn’t change other morally skewed aspects of their Atelier, such as the mass donation of organs that occurred during their war, but it did shine an unexpectedly pleasant light on their Atelier.

But she didn’t clasp on it just yet.

This was still all only at the surface level.

“Liquid Nex, liquid magic, and prosthesis. The body that governs the healers as well, however, your gross negligence has cost a third of them to perish and disappear.” Frost brought up. “I assume this was one of your agendas to bring up, but I need to put it to rest right now.”

Suddenly, tiny, black particles began to surround Frost. She called one of her trusted Moons to approach. It was Ber, and she clasped onto the wrist of the wolfwoman. After a brief consultation with her through Nav, she deeply lacerated her forearm, down to her elbow.

And moments later, the wound closed. They were baffled. Shocked. Eyes widened in disbelief as at the sight of a black-haired healer.

“As a healer myself, I believe that I am the only one fit to oversee all healers. I have personally witnessed how ineffective your protection over them truly is. I question your reach. Beholder E. of Inflow Direct. I am effectively relinquishing your authority over the healers.”

Frost announced, causing the Ber beside her to proudly grin.

“I sincerely hope you understand.”

33