Chapter 29. The Power Of Gossips
1.4k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the Inn, on the entire way, Myne heard all kinds of gossip about the deeds that he did last night. Most people didn't know about the entire story, so whatever they heard something about last night's incident from other people, they mixed their own imagination in it and spread it more exaggeratedly.

And just as Myne was 20 meters away from the adventure guild, he heard something accidentally from a shopkeeper which make him so shocked for a moment that he literally coughed blood from his mouth in anger after hearing his story.

"So Uncle Armin, is it true that last night someone killed Town Lord many peoples?" A random aunty with big boobs, aga probably around 30 years old asked the vegetable shop owner whom she called Uncle Armin with great interest.

Uncle Armin who looks like a 45 years old perverted old bastard by his face, after hearing big boobs aunty's question, immediately ignores the customer in front of him whom he giving vegetables, and after giving big boobs aunty a big smile while showing her his half-remaining teeth, he starts telling her his story which was written by vegetable shop uncle himself.

"Huh? You still don't know about it. Ohohohoo, the poor child, let me tell you what happened last night. Also before I tell you guys about last night's incident, remember one thing the person who killed town lord people wasn't just a normal killer but he was a crazy man, just some step away from being called a demon, and why I am saying that you guys know after hearing entire truth. I was also present there when that killer ran away after completing his mission, that's why knowing the entire story, but because of my age, I can't help the guards to catch him, otherwise, he surely can't escape from my steal-like hands," Uncle Armin said bragging while trying to create a serious atmosphere for his story.

"Last night when most of the guards and people inside the Town Lord Guest House were sleeping, then that killer entered the house from the wall. After entering the Mansion he start searching for his prey, which he soon found, who was non-other than our respected Lord George Hart's fourth son Young Lord Cather Hart.

After that, he silently entered Young Lord's room. In which the young lord was sleeping peacefully while his two maids were fanning him. After seeing those two maids, that killer uses some kind of demonic magic skill, and other than those maid's eyes, he paralyzes their entire bodies like a statue. Then he come beside Young Lord and started doing some kind of evil ritual on them, because of that ritual blood of Young Lord's entire body started coming out from his mouth, which that slimy demon started drinking, in order to get Young Lord all skills. While the ritual just started young lord also wake-up but the demon was already prepared for that so before Young Lord could do anything, he took out a hammer from his storage pouch and brutally start hitting it on the young lord's body, until he lose consciousness.

Sigh, then that killer drink all of the young lord's blood until they lose his breath, at the final step of his evil ritual, he cut off the young lord's private part and eat it raw in front of those two maids horrified eyes," Uncle Armin said with eyes wide opened while creating a creepy image of Myne though his story in all those peoples mind who is listening to his story.

"What happened after that?" Big Boobs Aunty asked fearfully, even though she was scared so much that she can pee in her pant at any time if it was night time but still out of curiosity and a strong desire to hear this kind of high-level gossip was solid in her big butts that she can't wait even a single second to know what happened after that.

Uncle Armin, seeing Big Boobs Aunty's hungry eyes to know what happened next, becomes more excited and this time he adds more weird things to his story while thinking that today he probably seduced Big Boobs Aunty with the story.

"Then that demon killer's gaze falls on the young lord maids. After that, he come in front of them and asked them if they were virgins or not. At first, those maids didn't answer but when that demon cut off one of the maid's entire arms, then they come to the line and answer his question truthfully with their eyes, that they both are still virgins. As soon as they said that, the killer did something so savagery and brutality with them, that I felt chill all over my body just after thinking about it. You guys might not believe that when guards and I entered the young lord's room, his entire room was covered with those maids' blood, while their body parts scattered all over the room. that was the most horrible scene that I have ever seen in my entire life.

But it seems like his primary target was Young Lord Cather Hart because after leaving the Young Lord's room, that demon just killed some more people for fun and after raping two maids like an animal, he run away while taking a lot of money and many precious items from Town Lord Guest House," Uncle Armin said to onlookers, especially to Big Boobs Aunty.

"So that killer comes here to kill Young Lord Cather, huh? No wonder, otherwise how can someone so powerful and evil can come to our little town," A random middle age man said while trying to gather some free attention.

Hearing middle age man's words other people's brains also start working crazily and walking talking about Myne's creepy deeds as they left for their destination. But when the crowd in front of the vegetable shop left, then Uncle Armin come in front of Big Boobs Aunty with his pig-like face and said, "Ms.Babita, I think you are a little too interested in hearing about that killer."

"Sigh, yes, you are right, this is my hobby to read this kind of thriller and mysterious story, and after hearing this kind of thing that I only read in books really happened in my own town, I become a little excited to know all about this," Big Boobs Aunty said with a forced smile as if she is sad that why did she not get a chance to meet that killer, why she wasn't there when that killer killing everyone like a butcher.

"Ohh! I see, by the way, if really like this kind of story so much, then I have a piece of good news for you. What I said about that killer is just half a story, since I don't want to spread panic in public, but if you promise me to not say anything about it, then I don't mind telling you the entire story in full detail," Uncle Armin said with a smile while secretly stealing a glance at breasts of
Big Boobs Aunty with lust-filled eyes.

"What! Really, you are not kidding with me, right, Uncle Armin?" Big Boobs Aunty asked excitedly, like a child.

"Of course, I am telling truth, how can I jokes with such a beautiful woman like you, Miss Babita, but now I have some work to do, so how about this, If we meet tonight and have a pleasant meal together, where I tell you all story and nobody will disturb us there. Also please don't call me Uncle Armin, just call me Armin, Uncle Armin said calmly with a smile, but in his mind, he is dancing while thinking that after staying alone for the last 2 years he finally managed to seduce a beautiful woman.

Okay then, we will meet here tonight, Big Boobs Aunty said happily and left for her house, while showing Uncle Armin her big butts.

...

OMG! What kind of shit are that old basterds saying about me? With his little nonsense story, he made a little assassin like me an evil demon who does evil magic, a psychopath, and a rapist? And what's wrong with the people of this town?? How can they believe in such a nonsense story so easily. No wonder I become so famous in such a little time, so all this has been done by these types of uncles who are using my name in order to seduce aunties, Myne thought angrily,

But whatever at least that vegetable shop uncle really use his brain while making the story and if it goes like this, then the reward on my wanted poster probably going to increase, Myne thought after calming down, since he knows that being angry on others people will not going bring him anything other then unnecessary stress.

After that Myne throw this little event out of his mind and start walking toward the adventure guild.

Since it was morning time, the adventure guild wasn't much crowded. After entering the guild Myne first looked toward Aisha's desk to see her beautiful face, but sadly she wasn't there.

Huh? Where is she? Don't tell me she didn't come to work today, Myne thought with a frown, today is the day when he is going on his first adventure and he wants to receive his first mission from Aisha's beautiful hands, not from some random girl.

Aisha is my lucky star and without seeing her beautiful face, there is no meaning in going on the adventure mission, Myne thought sadly.

Wait a minute, didn't Aisha say that if I need her help I can call her with my adventurer I'd card? I just have to put my adventurer ID card in a device on her desk, Myne thought suddenly and hurriedly start walking toward Aisha's receptionist's desk.

*Bam!

"What did you mean that you didn't know? Are not you the head receptionist here??"

Just as Myne was 10 meters away from Aisha's desk he heard the loud sound of someone punching the table, while shouting loudly and when he looked in the direction from where the sound come, he saw an adventure party of 5 people with 3 men and 2 girls. of which a man with golden hair, a fit body, and a fox-like face, who looks like the leader of that adventure party was arguing with a middle age receptionist lady, whom he was calling the head receptionist.

"Look, Mr. Lyle, I have already told you many times that giving an adventurer to an exclusive receptionist is not under my authority, Only the Guild leader or that receptionist herself can take this decision, so if you have any problem related to this then go and asked them, middle age head receptionist said with a frown.

"Don't lie to me, I have asked the guild leader about this and he said that this is your duty to appoint someone as an exclusive receptionist. That's why I have asked you many times to make Miss Aisha my exclusive receptionist but you never agree and now out of nowhere you make Miss Aisha the exclusive receptionist for a newbie?" Lyle asked angrily while again hitting on the table with all his might, clearly, he is venting his frustration on that poor table.

Huh? Did that guy say that he wants my Aisha to be his exclusive receptionist?? And looking at his savage behavior he clearly doesn't look like a nice person from any angle, Myne thought and saw a young easy-going waitress aged around 15 or 16 with a flat chest and a normal look, walking beside him after serving some adventurers their order.

Seeing the waitress, Myne hurriedly walked toward her and said, "Ah, excuse me Miss, can I ask you a question?"

[ Name: Nora

Level: 04

Race: Hume

Gender: Female

Age: 14 y/o

Occupation: Lucas Town Adventure Guild Waitress.

【Skill】

UNAWAKENED ]

"Sure, please tell me how can I help you?" Nora asked with a friendly smile.

"Can you tell me, who is that guy and why is arguing with the receptionist lady like a barbarian?" Myne asked while pointing his finger toward Lyle.

Huh? Following Myne's finger direction, Nora saw Lyle who was still talking nonstop, without giving the receptionist lady a chance to speak.

But after seeing Lyle, Nora's face starts becoming red in shyness and a smile appears on her face like she saw her long-lost lover.

After starring Lyle for around 1 minute, Nora took a deep breath and said with a smile, "well, his name is Lyle, and he is a B-Rank Adventurer. He is the most powerful and handsome person in our guild after the guild leader. He has completed many difficult and impossible missions that no one can even complete till now. His father is a big businessman in the capital city and he himself is also super rich. Just last month he killed three Orc alone. And..."

While Nora continuously praised Lyle nonstop, Myne stared at her weirdly like he is seeing an idiot. Clearly looking at Lyle's behavior and how he is fighting with the receptionist lady for no reason, anyone can say that he is a big looser-filled with arrogance. As far as his being handsome and powerful, even if someone gives 1000 gold coins to Myne, he will still not believe it.

Sigh, it seems like she has a high level of a crush on him, otherwise, she won't talk so much nonsense about him. One more example of idiom love being blind, and in her case idiot as well, Myne thought while shaking his head.

"Excuse me Miss, are you by any chance new here?" Myne asked while interrupting the young waitress who is still talking about Lyle.

"How do you know? Today is my first day of work here," the Young waitress asked with surprise.

Myne didn't reply to her question and again asked a question that cleared his all doubt about Lyle and how big a liar he is, "then how do you know Lyle so well? Don't tell me you are his girlfriend."

After hearing being girlfriend of Lyle, Nora's face becomes red in shyness and she hurriedly said... "No, what are you talking about, we are not that close, actually, we never meet, but I have heard about his all adventure stories from my friends and one time he also save me and my friends from some storm rabbits when we are coming from the forest, even though that time he left hurriedly after helping us and I didn't get chance to meet him, but after that day I become his big fan, and when yesterday I found that adventure guild recruiting some girls, because for some reason suddenly many workers left their job, then I immediately join it and become a waitress so I can meet him. But now even though now he is just standing in front of me, but I don't have enough courage to talk to him."

Ohohoho! What a heartwarming story, if not for the fact that she is a big idiot and by helping her I would only give her early access to meet the god of death, then I would probably think for a moment to help her, Myne thought while wiping his imagery tears.

"It's all fine but why is he arguing with that receptionist lady?" Myne asked heartlessly without caring about Nora's emotional drama.

After hearing Myne's question, for a moment Nora become angry after seeing that how Myne didn't care about her love story a little bit, but after thinking that he is some years bigger than her and also looks like an experienced adventurer, she didn't take Myne's disrespectful attitude on her heart and said unhappily, "I don't know the full story behind it since it's my first day, but what I heard from other peoples, it seems that Lyle wanted to make a girl named Aisha to his exclusive receptionist for a long time but she always refused him. But yesterday she become the exclusive receptionist of a newbie adventurer who just join the guild and hasn't completed even a single mission, so that's why Lyle is quite angry today."

Ohh! Wait a minute, So technically isn't he angry because of me? Myne thought after hearing the reason behind Lyle's anger.

Thank God, I didn't immediately ignore him and went toward Aisha's desk to call her. If I had done this, I have full confidence that he makes a lot of trouble for me out of jealousy, Myne thought while wiping the cold sweat from his forehead, even though he liked Aisha, but currently, his love is just one-sided, until now he hasn't even talked properly with her, let's not about getting close to her. So making a B-Rank Adventurer his enemy without knowing his true strength is nothing more than asking for unnecessary troubles, and Myne hates unnecessary troubles most in the world.

After that Myne thanked the young waitress for her help and after giving her the tip of one silver coin, he found an empty table on which a book about monsters information was placed on it and sit down there and start reading that book until Lyle complete his work, anyway looking at receptionist lady forced smile and impatient look on her face, Myne know that Lyle definitely won't going to stay in guild for too long.

l0 Minutes Later...

*Boom

Just as Myne was reading the Monsters information book with great interest, he heard a loud sound, which immediately attract his and most of the people present in the guild's attention.

When Myne looked toward the direction where the loud sound come from, he saw Lyle lying on the ground in front of the wall, while coughing blood from his mouth and behind him, many spider web-like cracks could be seen on the walk.

Myne turn his head towards the direction where Lyle standing before, and saw the receptionist lady standing at his place angrily while her desk was blown up completely in pieces. Lyle's other party members were also laying on the ground like dead dogs.

Then head receptionist lady slowly walked toward Lyle, while a small white transparent circle with two rings appear in front of her hands, clearly, she is using some kind of magic skill, but because she is a little farther from Myne, that's why he can't use his Appraisal skill on her to see what kind of skill she is using.

After coming in front of Lyle, she grab his shirt cooler and said with a deadly serious expression, "From now on you and your party are banned from coming into the guild for this entire week, and next time if you even talk with me in a loud and disrespectful attitude then I will hang you naked in front of the guild, so now get out from my guild," after saying that the head receptionist lady hit on Lyle's chest with her right hand.

Just as her palm touched Lyle's chest, like an arrow, he smashed into the wall behind him and while making a big hole in the wall, he fall on the middle of the road and lose consciousness.

F*ck! So powerful, what kind of magic is this? Just with a light touch, she directly throws Lyle out of the guild while destroying an entire wall, Myne and almost all the people present in the guild thought at the same time with their mouths wide open with surprise, clearly, no one expected that a weak looking middle-aged receptionist lady will be so powerful.

that was really an unexpected surprise, even though I expected that someone will probably throw out Lyle and his party members but I never thought that someone who will throw Lyle out from the guild will be the head receptionist lady. but if I think carefully then this doesn't look impossible since without sufficient power she can't become a head receptionist, and In such a small guild, where there is no such a post as a vise-guild leader, there head receptionist is the second most powerful post after the guild leader, Myne thought while looking in Lyle direction with a smile like taking pleasure in other people misfortune.

Noo!!! Not again, just yesterday I brought Big Sis Aisha's desk and now Aunty Vena not only broke her desk but also make a big hole in the wall as well. Today I again have to stay here till late at night,( ಥ⁠╭⁠╮⁠ಥ ) Mia thought with teary eyes after seeing that someone again increased her work.

37