Chapter 30. Receiving First Adventure Mission
1.5k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

Huh, finally Lyle's drama is over, now I can meet my sweet Aisha without any disturbance, Myne thought as he walked toward Aisha's desk.

After coming in front of Aisha's desk, he took out his adventurer card and put it in a small device that Aisha show him yesterday.

Just two minutes after Myne entered his card into the device, he saw Aisha coming out from a room.

She is wearing the same receptionist outfit white shirt, a black long skirt that comes to her knees hair tied in a ponytail style, and light makeup on her face overall she looks damn hot.

"Good Morning, Myne!" Aisha greeted me with a beautiful smile.

"Good Morning, you too Miss Aisha," I replied to her with a big smile as well while showing her my all-white crystal-like teeth.

"So, are you excited about going on your first adventure," Aisha asked while taking out some papers from her desk drawer.

"Ohh, yeah, you don't know how excited I am going on my first adventure mission," Myne said unfocused while staring at the chasm between Aisha's big breasts who was bending over to take the paper from the drawer.

"Well, that's nice but before I give you the mission, I want to ask you something, are you going to do mission solo or do you have team members?" Aisha asked with a serious expression.

"I like to work solo, working with other people is not my cup of tea," Myne said without hesitation, after-all he is doing the adventure guild mission to gain new skills not to earn money, and this work can only done alone.

"Don't worry about it, I was also like you when I newly become an adventurer, a little shy, not know how to cooperate with other people, but when you join a party or make your own team, you probably forgot to be a solo adventurer.

And working with a team has many benefits, for example you can complete the hard mission that completing alone is too difficult, you don't have to spend all your time alone during your mission like a ghost without anyone's company, and most importantly many high-quality but easy missions, most of the time have requirement of more than one person," Aisha with a smile like professional merchant who is trying to sell a new product to his customer.

"Oookay? But currently, I didn't have any plans to work with other people," Myne said while feeling something off from Aisha's expression.

"Are you sure? I know many adventurer parties who will happily accept you in their team with your cute face, and believe me if you are as good in battle as you look then there is a high chance that you can get a girlfriend within two days," Aisha said while giving Myne a knowing wink.

"Why it's felt like she is advertising more than suggesting to me?" Myne thought confusedly.

"Miss Aisha, I really appreciate that you are helping me in this matter so much, but I really have no plans to join any party," Myne said softly.

"Sighh, I see, as you wish then, but if you change your mind then don't forget to inform me, and here take it, those are some high-quality missions that I expressly select for you, especially this one, you don't know how much trouble I get in order to take this mission from a monkey," Aisha said while rubbing her forehead.

'Ohh, really, what kind of trouble?" Myne asked curiously, in order to make conversation as long as possible so he can gather more information about Aisha.

"Don't worry about it, it wasn't that big of a problem, just read the mission details and tell me which mission are you going to do," Aisha said carelessly while pouring cold water on Myne's long conversation plan.

"Sigh, seem like old tricks are not going to work on her, I have to think of something new to get close to her," Myne thought helplessly while reading the mission's description.

[ Mission:- Slime Oil

Rank:- F

Quality:- High

Description:-
A few days ago some bandits raid on Lunawan Town warehouse in the middle of the night in order to steal their goods, but while they transporting goods one of the bandits accidentally drop his lantern on a slime oil barrel, and because of it, slime oil caught fire, and entire Lunawan Town warehouse burnt to the ground. Now slime oil supplies are run out in Lunawan Town, to the point where it was interfering with people's everyday life.

Request:- Gather as much smile oil as possible for three days.

Reward:- 10 Copper Coins per slime oil bottle. ( 1 bottle = 100 Gram Slime Oil.)]

So I have to kill Slime and gather their oil huh? This is going to be a little troublesome, Myne thought with a frown, he has killed some slime in past and knows how hard it is to collect their oil. Even though slime is the weakest monster alive and even a 7-year-old child can kill them but collecting their oil is not an easy task, because when they die they burst like a bubble, and all liquid inside their body from whom they are made aka slime oil is scattered around them and after collecting oil from the ground only 1/5 of oil remain usable, so technically in order to fill one bottle of slime oil he has to kill 5 slimes instead of one.

While Myne reading the mission description Aisha who is observing him from start after seeing the frown on his face exhale a deep breath and hit Myne's forehead with her finger and said, "Don't make this kind of face, even though collecting slime oil is really a pain in the ass but this is already most luxurious mission that an F-Rank adventurer can do with a high reward, otherwise, look at other F-Rank mission, most of the mission didn't even give you 5 silver coins after completing them."

"But when did I complain that the mission is not good? I was thinking about how to gather more slime oil," Myne said while rubbing his forehead in confusion.

Huh? Seem like I was thinking too much, I should have asked him before hitting him, Aisha thought but as a senior in age, of course, she is not going ask to apologize for her behavior from someone who is young than her, instead, she did what we can expect from most of the senior people, she made an excuse.

"That is good then, I have seen many adventurers who always complain after getting a little different mission, and want the easiest mission with a lot of rewards like money to grow on a tree. That's why I hit you, I didn't want you to become like them who always complain for no reason," Aisha said seriously like she is teaching Myne some kind of esoteric knowledge.

"By the way, can't you increase the time period of this quest? Three days is really too short to gather a large amount of slime oil," Myne asked, even though collecting slime oil is hard but if he has enough time, then he believes that he can probably make a lot of money from it.

"What three days? Today is the last day to complete this mission, so gather as much oil as possible and submit them to me at the end of the day or tomorrow morning, otherwise, you won't going to get a single penny from this mission," Aisha said with a poker face.

"What! But there are clearly written three days time periods to complete this mission," Myne asked in surprise.

"Ohh, about that, I forgot to change that, and it's your fault that you come late," Aisha said embarrassingly with little blush on her cheeks while avoiding direct eye contact with Myne.

But after seeing her blushing face like some poured cold water on the fire," Myne all complaints become smoke and he silently starts reading the second mission.

Damn! She looks so beautiful while blushing, Myne thought.

[ Mission:- Herb Gathering

Rank:- E

Quality:- High

Description:-
Recently alchemist association creates a new type of healing potion but because the potion was newly created, there were many things and tests remaining to perform on it in order to make it perfect before bringing it to market. Because of this reason alchemist guild urgently needs a larger amount of herbs.

Request:- Gather as many herbs as possible, Especially:- Pipe-weed, Niphredil flower, Mallorn grass, Elanor flower, and Athelas flower.

Reward:- 1. 10 Copper Coins per normal herb tufts.
2. 1 Silver Coin per rare herb that is especially written in the mission request. ]

Huh? Even though I never take my alchemist class seriously but one thing I know very well is that those herbs that the alchemist guild especially request is super rare in this area and their prices are clearly more than just one silver coin, Myne thought with a frown and looked at the last mission.

[ Mission:- Need Someone Who Can Kill Goblins.

Rank:- F

Quality:- Low

Description:-
Recently a goblin camp discovers some distance away from Fauna Village. Some Fauna Village women also suddenly disappeared from the village and all villagers are in fear that those goblins might attack their village at any time.

Request:- Destroy the goblin camp in the forest beside the Fauna Village and kill all goblins. Also If possible then save kidnapped women as well.

Reward:- 1. 30 Copper Coins per goblin.
2. 50 Silver Coins if adventures manage to save kidnapped women. ]

If I am not wrong then Fauna Village is one of the neighboring villages of Lucas Town, around 2 hours distance from here, Myne thought.

"So did you decide which mission are you going to do?" Aisha asked after seeing that Myne read all three missions.

"Ohh, yes, I think I take this slime oil mission, even though the other two are also good but this one is the easiest mission and I can also make a good profile from this one," Myne said with a smile while returning the other two mission information page to Aisha.

"Nice to hear that you like this mission, otherwise my morning work becomes a waste," Aisha said jokingly.

Then Aisha took out an entry register from her drawer and after writing something in it, she give it to Myne while saying, "now put your signature here and you are ready to go for your first mission."

"By the way, try to complete the mission on time, otherwise, if you failed to submit your mission object before time then as a penalty your guild contribution point will be deducted, currently, you have 10 guild contribution points," Aisha said with a smile while taking entry register from Myne.

"Huh? What is the guild contribution point??" Myne asked confusedly, he never heard about it before.

"In simple language, those points are key to increasing your guild rank. More guild contribution points you earn more soon your guild rank will increase," Aisha said with a smile.

"So in order to increase my guild rank I just need a certain amount of guild contribution points, that I will get after completing the guild mission?" Myne asked in order to confirm his doubt.

"Yep, that's right," Aisha said carelessly.

In other words guild rank has nothing to do with a person's strength, just complete a lot of guild missions and your rank will increase automatically, So that's how it works, huh! No wonder Lyle was easily get beaten by the head receptionist lady like a child even though he is already a B-Rank adventurer, Myne thought after hearing Aisha answer.

"Now that you select your mission, do you have any questions to ask related to your mission?" Aisha asked with a smile.

"No, I don't have any more questions," Myne replied while putting his mission request in his storage pouch ( Inventory).

"That's great then, here take this map, I already make the location where you can easily find many slimes, also don't forget to buy a container to collect slime oil. Now hurry up go and complete your first mission, your time is running out," Aisha said while standing from her chair.

After that, she gives Myne a goodbye smile and returns to the back side room from where she came out some time ago while leaving Myne alone.

"Sighhhh... Great work Myne, even after thinking of more than ten plans to impress her, in the end, you can't even use a single one on her, great work, "ᕙ⁠(⁠⇀⁠‸⁠↼⁠‶⁠)⁠ᕗ Myne said to himself while leaving the guild after taking the map from Aisha's desk.

*Bam

"Why! Why is this happening?"

A loud voice reverberates in the bar, which soon disappears between other loud voices.

"Calm down, Lyle, and please stop throwing those mugs."

The one who shouted in a loud voice while throwing every item that come into his hands was Lyle, a helpless lover, and adventurer, who just received a heavy beating from someone whom he thought was a weak milf but the reality was different from his imagination and he was easily beaten up by her.

Lyle have a crush on Aisha, since the first time he saw her. At the start, he thought that she was also like other girls and will become his the moment she knows how great and rich he is, but soon he found that Aisha is different from other girls, she didn't care about his looks, money or any other property, that he use till now to seduce other girls.

After seeing that Aisha is not someone who can seduce easily, he becomes a little angry and after using his father's connections he gathered Aisha all information, but after seeing her history he found out that she is a strong opponent whom he can't take lightly.

But Lely wasn't someone who can easily give up, so he decide to take things slowly. After that, he tries many things to impress her while acting like a good guy who really likes her, but she never takes him seriously, she always ignores him like he is a clown who is making a joke of himself.

When Lyle is finally about to give up on Aisha with a broken heart and a lot of furies, he accidentally heard about the exclusive receptionist thing, then he thought to make Aisha his exclusive receptionist so he can get more time spent with her and there he can show her his greatness.

Then he try almost every means to make Aisha his exclusive receptionist but in the end, he again failed miserably, but yesterday night he heard that Aisha become some else exclusive receptionist, and after hearing that his anger erupt like a volcano. All the hard work that he did in order to go in Aisha's skirt becomes smoke.

Lyle was burning in fury all night, and in the morning just as the guild gate opened, he immediately walk in to ask Aisha why she become the exclusive receptionist of a nobody loser instead of a handsome guy like him, but even after waiting for around 1 hour, he didn't saw Aisha. So in order to call her he asked to head receptionist lady but no matter what he said she only reply 'I didn't know' or 'go asked then' but I know she was lying so I try to force her but who knows that she was hiding her power so deeply.

With just a wave of her hand she send him flying, then she said something that he didn't hear because he was too much in pain that his brain wasn't working properly to translate what saying but he know that she didn't something nice. Then she touch lightly his chest with her plam and he again send flying but this time with more power.

After the head receptionist lady walks away from Lyle, Lyle's other party members give him a high-quality healing potion and bring him to the bar so he can cool down his head but instead of cooling down, he becomes more heated up as alcohol enters his stomach.

"Even though Aisha's brain is empty and there is nothing in it but Why does the f*ck guild leader approve to give a newbie an exclusive, who doesn't have a single guild contribution point?"

Lyle said and banged the table with all his strength. His party members said “good grief” and while pacifying Lyle, they agreed with him.

"You know guys, they all envy me, for my power, wealth, and especially my handsome look, that's why they doing this kind of thing with me, but their little tricks won't going to work on me, I have already done too much too get Aisha and no one can't take her from me, she is main," Lyle said and once again, he knocked the table, grabbed the wooden mug filled with alcohol, and drank it all in one go.

As he finished drinking it, he hit the empty mug to the table with a *Bang!’, then urged for seconds mug in a loud voice.

"Oye! Gimme, give me more drink!"

Lyle’s party members, after seeing his behavior know that if they didn't stop him now, then he probably going to be in trouble, decide to calm him down before it's too late.

"Oi, Lyle. I understand what you’re feeling, but don’t get carried away, this is not your house, One of Lyle's party members said.

"Yeah, look around you, those guys are becoming irritated because of your loud shouting and glaring over here quite angrily," Lyle's second male party member said while looking around fearfully.

Even though his party members persuaded him, Lyle turned a deaf ear. On the contrary, after hearing his party member's cowardice that someone is glaring at him, he started provoking them, which was clearly not the right decision.

"Aah? So you guys have a problem with me, huh? Worthless bastards like you taking such a cheeky attitude towards me, don't you know who am I?? you’re too early for that! And you bald f*cker, what are looking at, don't you see a handsome man before???"

Saying that he took the beer mug in front of his party member and throw the mug at the bald man who was glaring at him while drinking beer with his girlfriend.

The mug Lyle threw hit on the bald man's round and clean moon-like head and alcohol in it all fall on the bald man and his girlfriend's dress.

"Ohh Shit!!!" One of Lyle's female party members said after seeing what Lyle did, she know that now things going to be out of hand, so she immediately grabs the other girl's hand who was sitting beside her with eyes wide open, and hurriedly run out from the Inn before other angry adventurers block the gate.

But Lely's male party members weren't as smart as female members, they instead of looking at the gravity of the situation, still tried to calm down Lyle.

The bald man whom Lyle insulted in front of his girlfriend, stood up from his chair and with him, his other party members who were sitting on other tables in order to give him and his girlfriend some private time also stood up from their chairs with an angry face like today entire bar walls are going to painted by Lyle blood.

After that bald man and his party members total of 7 muscular men come in front of Lyle and his two party members while surrounding them in a circle so they can't run away.

"So do you have any last word to say?" The bald man who was two heads bigger in height than Lyle looked at him like he is a seeing dead man and said while massaging his fist.

Yes, how do you like my drink baldy, do you want more? Lyle asked after standing from his chair but because he was too drunk, he can hardly control his body and stood faltering while looking into the bald man's eyes with a red face.

Naturally, after hearing Lyle's questions, the bald man finally loses his patience and it became a big scuffle.

Lyle gets a reward for using his mouth too much in the wrong place, and his two loyal but idiot party members also received the reward for their loyalty.

In the end, the bald man shows some mercy on Lyle and his two party members, so after beating them enough that even their mother can't recognize them, they tear their clothes, and they threw them out from the bar completely naked.

"……Cough, Everything, everything is that Newby fault…… I’ll kill him…… I’ll fucking kill him, just you wait, I will soon find you," Lyle who was beaten up like a pig said painfully before fainting.

And just like that without knowing Myne made an enemy out of thin air.

............

At the same time, In a certain luxurious room decorated with all kinds of expensive and rare items, two people were having a secret conversation…….

"The young man I mentioned last time who was bestowed with 【Appraisal: Complete】, had defeated an orc by himself, My Lady," A man aged around 40 said in low voice.

"Oh, that’s amazing! Defeating an orc by himself just after getting his skill, huh, nice. 【Appraisal: Complete】 isn’t a combat skill, right? The second person whom the first man called 'My Lady' asked while playing a crystal ball.

"Yes, My Lady, it's a support type skill that shows other people's information," The Man said respectfully.

"……Was he bestowed with any other skills?" The Girls asked carelessly.

"Yesh, My Lady, he awaken a total of three skills, 【Appraisal: Complete】,【Inventory】and 【Cut & Paste】," The Man replied hurriedly.

"Hm? 【Inventory】, I never heard anything like that before, what kind of skill is this 【Inventory】," The Girl asked curiously.

My Lady, it's an alternative of storage type skill like you might have heard of skills such 【storage • normal】or【void bag • holy】etc, The Man replied.

So this is also a support type skill huh, with this skill we can store anything inside our body, we didn't need a storage bag or anything like that, right? The Girl asked seriously

"Yes, you are right, My Lady, like always," The Man said while praising the girl in front of him for no reason.

Hm? And what about the last skill…… From the name, isn’t this skill is a combination of 【Cut】 and 【Paste】 together? The Girl asked.

"Yes, that’s how it seems. Although he has three skills and two are quite rare but None of them is much important, So I didn't immediately report you but this candidate, and other than him, there is no better candidate left that fits in your requirements, My lady," The Man said nervously, only he knows how much he struggles to found this boy who meets almost 90% of the requirement that the girl in front of him had mentioned, and now if she rejects this boy as well, then he really not know where to found another good candidate.

"So only with those nonsense skills, he still manages to kill an orc, Now, this is really interesting," The Girl said while standing up from the bed.

"Okay, you did a good job, you can leave now, from now on I'll handle this matter myself," The Girl said with a poker face while looking at the man like she is seeing an ant.

"As you wish my lady," The Man said and hurriedly left the room like he is running from a demon.

"I hope this one won't be ugly like the last guy, The Girl said with some fear in her heart, everytime she thought about that guy, she felt like she would vomit at any time.

...

36