Chapter 31. The Slime Hunting
1.2k 8 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This should be the place where I could find slimes," Myne said while looking at a big pond in front of him.

He is currently in the northern side of the forest behind Lucas Town aka his mission location marked by Aisha on the map she give him.

After leaving the guild, he didn't waste time on any other things and hurriedly come to his mission location to gather slime oil since he only have a limited amount of time to complete his mission.

Even though he tried to come here hurriedly but even after using his skills in order to increase his speed, it still take him nearly an entire hour to reach his destination.

The pond in front of Myne was a natural pond made from rainwater and probably going to last some months before its water will be finished until the next rainy season.

Most slime is jelly-like creatures made of water, poison, acid, or any other liquid-like things, they are lazy in their nature and like to live in an environment where they can easily hide from their enemies, and this pond is the perfect place for slime-like creatures.

Now even though I am already reached my mission location but why is not a single slime seen around here? Don't tell me Aisha's information is so old that she herself did not know that there is no slime around this pond, Myne thought while slowly walking around the edge of the pond.

Just as Myne walking cluelessly, he suddenly saw two blue water bubble-like round creatures chilling under the tree beside the lake.

Here they are. Seem like Aisha's intelligence agency isn't providing her with false information, I shouldn't have doubted her ability, Myne thought while slowly walking toward two slimes, when he reached enough close to them, he immediately use Appraisal skills on them.

[ Name: Slime

LV:1

Race: Water Slime

Gender: None

【Skill】

Cleaning.

【Ability】

None ]

Ohh finally, now I don't have to worry about cleaning the house, I had my eyes on this skill for many days but before this, I don't get a chance to steal this skill, but now I can sleep peacefully without worry that next day after waking up I have cleaning to do, that was really too much pain in the ass, Myne thought and looked at second slime status...

[ Name: Slime

LV:1

Race: Water Slime

Gender: None

【Skill】

Water Attribute・Resistance

【Ability】

None ]

Ohh! An 'Attribute Resistance skill!!' Just after starting my adventure I already get two amazing skills without effort, this is really a great surprise, and if I am not wrong then, the more attribute resistance skills I have in any attribute for Example:- Water, Fire, poison, etc, less damage I will take with that attribute type of attack, Myne thought as he cut both of slime skills shamelessly and paste them on his status.

【 Water Attribute・Resistance ( Passive ) 】
A special passive skill that grants the Host a high level of defense against water-related skill attacks. The higher the skill level will be the more the Host attribute resistance percentage will increase and the less damage the Host will take.
( Current Water Element Resistance:- 10% )

Hmm! Just like I thought it is the same skill as I read in the book, even though now this skill doesn't have much use but after its level increases as well it's percentage then the skill will show its true power, just thinking about what kind of face my enemies will make when they are attacking me with their powerful magic skill but after they know that their flashy skills didn't have any effect on me, give me another level of satisfaction, Myne thought with a big smile while using wind magic skill and shoot two wind blade towards both slimes whom skills he just robbed.

Sharp wind blades like cutting the grass, cut both slimes in two pieces before they could even realize what is going on.

After the death of both slimes who were magically walking on the ground even though their body was made of liquid, burst like a bubble, and all of their body liquid spread on the ground, which now Myne have to collect.

Sigh, finally start the most difficult part of this mission, collecting the slime liquid/oil in the bottle, now I wish if I had a helper to share this kind of burden with me, Myne thought as took out a big glass bottle around 1 liter and a thin 10-centimeter long metal plate from his Inventory to collect slime oil.

He brought those two items from a random shop that come along his way as he left the town. The glass bottle where he put slime oil, Whereas the thin metal plates are meant to take the slime oil from the ground carefully without taking the soil along. if he accidentally mixed soil with oil then all his work will go in vain.

But just as Myne come in front of slime oil spread on the ground, suddenly all the slime oil on the ground disappeared from its place as if it had never been there.

Myne stood in his place like a statue with eyes wide open from shock, staring at the place where his mission object was scattered on the ground just a few seconds ago while holding a glass bottle and a thin metal plate in each of his hands.

At first, Myne was scared a little bit, that how can slime oil suddenly disappeared from its place but soon he calm down, since he have seen more scary things than this, and after thinking about it for a while, he hurriedly open his Inventory and saw a little slime face in one of the storage boxes with 2 written under it, clearly referring that this box contains two slimes body or their liquids.

"huu! this inventory really give me a heart attack someday, if not for the fact that my mind is tempered by all those incidents that happened in the past two days, I would have shouted loudly out of fear like a little girl, but at least now I don't have to worry about collecting slime oil. Now I just have to kill as many slimes as possible before the evening in order to earn a huge amount of money," Myne said while making a greedy smile on his face like a wolf who just saw easy prey who got caught in a trap accidentally and now waiting for the wolf to come and eat him.

Now I hope that there are more than enough slimes to kill, otherwise, I lost a great chance to earn some money with honesty, Myne thought while searching for more slimes on the edge of the pond, even though he didn't care about from where he gets money but earning money easily in a work where other people have to work hard like there no more tomorrow before they could earn a little amount of money, is also a great achievement in itself which Myne really wanted to do from the depth of his heart, and he can add this adventure in his story tale which he uses later to impress girls.

Just as Myne was thinking all kinds of nonsense that's quite normal for a teenager around his age, he saw a purple color slime who was about to jump in the pond.

[ Name: Mutant Slime

LV:5

Race: Water + Poison Slime

Gender: None

【Skill】

Tenfold Experience Acquisition

【Ability】

None ]

"Huh? WHAT!!! A skill that increased leveling speed by tenfold, did I start seeing things? How can a low-level creature like slime have this kind of cheat skill?" Myne exclaimed as he rubbed his eyes to confirm that he wasn't seeing things but when he opened his eyes again, both the status window and purple slime was already disappeared from their place. First one, because of distance and second, because maybe he has some urgent work to do.

"F*ck! Where the hell is that slime?" Myne shouted loudly enough to scare many birds who were relaxing on nearby trees while running toward the place where he had seen that purple slime before closing his eyes.

"Shit! Don't tell me that little f*cker jumped in the pond," Myne said while looking at the small lake in front of him, with a helpless expression.

"No! I can't let go of this kind of valuable skill slip away from my hands,, that skill is too important for my future growth. I have to get it back no matter what happened," Myne said with the fire of passion to get something clearly visible in his eyes while looking at the lake like a villain who can do anything to get something he desires no matter if that thing is his own or others.

After that Myne took a deep breath to calm down and then he use a new skill that he had just recently gotten from a certain young master, [ Magic・Fire ( Basic Form: Fireball )]. Like Meteor Shower, Myne starts firing fireball after fireball on the pond nonstop while making full use of all the magic energy stored in his inventory till now. As palm size fireball landed on the surface of the pond, a loud sound of explosions and a lot of steam remains on the place where the fireball hit.

This entire process last around a minute until the entire area around the pond was covered in steam and Myne can hardly see his own hands. After stopping his crazy attacks, Myne patiently starts waiting for the steam to go away to see just how much water remains in the pond.

But after the steam is gone, what Myne saw left him speechless, because even though his attacks were quite powerful and huge in quantity but one thing he forget is that, his skill is still at the most basic level with the minimum amount of power and even if he attacks the pond entire day, he still can't generate enough heat to steam all water inside the pond.

"Sigh, What should I do now?" Myne asked himself as he sit down on the spot with a defeated expression while staring at the surface of the pond, where some dead fish was floating on top of the water because they come in Myne's fireball attack range.

Myne now is in a difficult situation, where he doesn't know what to do, his all mission target is in the pond chilling, the owner of a super powerful skill is in the pond, and maybe some kind of treasure is also in the lake but he is outside of the pond without any way to go and stay in the lake for a long time before he could finish his mission, he doesn't even have any method to fight underwater, inside the lake he is just a fish on cutting board that anyone can cut into pieces.

"Sigh, who would have thought that a great handsome adventurer like me, who's just by seeing the face many girls realize love juice, today will have to give up just because of a minor pond," Myne said shamelessly, even after nearly giving up from his first adventure mission he still didn't forget to boost his little ego.

But at least I got a lot of fish, it had been quite a long time since I have eaten fish, Myne thought as he start collecting fish from the lake, all the negative that he have in his just a moment ago was thrown out from his mind like they didn't exist in the first place. This is the most important lesson he learn from all those years of hunting alone in the forest, 'If you want to live a decent life while working hard for something that you desire the most, then always try found as much as little happiness as possible in your way to success, only those little happiness will keep your mind positive from all kind unnecessary and negative thought that only distract you from your goal. This is one of Myne's mottos of a happy life.

As Myne was collecting fish from the lake while putting them in his inventory, suddenly an amazing idea pop up in his mind as he stare at the water under his feet, which will probably ruin many innocent creatures lives.

But Myne who is a born villain, of course, didn't give an unnecessary load on his little brain and immediately implemented his plan. He put his right hand into the water and commanded his Inventory through his mind to take all water in the pond into it.

Just as he thought that a small blue light shines on the surface of the pond for a second and a pond roughly around 50m by 20m by 5m, in length, breadth, and depth, respectively disappeared from the surface of the world, and what left behind is a big hole filled with an uncountable amount of fishes ( from Myne point of view ), some different and unknown water creatures whom Myne never saw before and a huge number of different color bubble balls or you can say slimes for Myne to harvest their life and gather free resource for future.

"Yesh! I finally caught you motherf*ckers," Myne said with a big smile filled with pride while looking at all creatures in the depth of the empty pond, who were suffering from the leak of water. At first, Myne saw those creatures suffering with a smile but soon his smile was replaced with a frown as saw the misery of an uncountable number of water creatures. Even though Myne considers himself a villain who rarely cares about other people but that is only towards the people who have intelligence and power, as for the innocent, weak, cute but dumb creatures who only follow their instinct to survive, he has a relatively soft spot in his heart for them, and he always tries to not give them too much problem unless he is having great profit for doing that.

Sigh, it seems I did a little bit too much this time, Myne thought as he start releasing a little bit of water slowly from his Inventory until he saw that all creature's life is not in danger anymore and they could survive without any worry till he completes his mission, in other words, he roughly filled the pond with 2 feet water, so creature inside the pond can soak their body with water in order to survive.

Now since everything is under control then it's time to find that purple jelly ass who runs away with my unique skill, Myne thought while searching for purple slime in midst of my other type and color of slime, and soon he found a purple slime under some green slimes like they were hiding him from Myne in order to protect him.

When did Slime become so smart and socialize, that they start protecting important slime in their group? Myne thought as used appraisal skill on that purple slime in order to borrow his skill of some time...

[ Name: Slime

LV:7

Race: Poison Slime

Gender: None

【Skill】

Poison Attribute・Resistance

【Ability】

Lust Fog ]

【Lust Fog 】
A special ability of poison slime. After eating enough things to gather a large amount of mana, they release a purple color fog from their body to attract other slimes in order to have sex with them, so they could absorb their life essence during their intercourse to increase their levels.

"Ohh Shit! How can there be such an awesome ability?" ( ヾ⁠(⁠*⁠’⁠O⁠’⁠*⁠)⁠/ )Myne exclaimed loudly while holding his head with wide eyes. If only I can use this ability, then I can always f*ck a new woman every day, but alas what waste I can't use abilities.

"Huh? Wait a minute, since that purple slime is below the other slimes, then doesn't this means that he is f*cking them?? And most importantly that is not the slime whom I am looking for, he is an impostor, where is my real mutant slime with a unique skill," Myne shouted while looking around him in order to find that mutant purple slime but in the end, the only thing he saw is blue and green color slime who is trying to attack him because they felt a great threat from him.

Myne who already wasn't in good mood after not finding that purple slime become super angry after seeing that many cannon fodder slimes are attacking him, he finally lost his calmness and start bombarding those slimes with fireballs like a madman. this madness lasted around three minutes before Myne's mind returned to its place and he calm down a bit.

After calming down he look around and saw the destruction 2 meters in front of him, most of the nearby creatures run away after seeing his craziness, and the remaining ones especially blue and green color slimes who is trying to attack him lost their little life and their oil automatically transfer into his inventory.

Myne open his Inventory and saw 20 boxes filled with many different types of water creatures, as for slimes their count increased from 2 to 28, which means he killed nearly 26 slimes and other creatures in anger.

"Sigh, let's take a break before restarting searching that purple jelly ass," Myne said as he comes out from the pond and set down under the shadow of a nearby tree while taking out the lunch box from his Inventory that June prepared for him. Since the lunch box was in his inventory, the food in it was still hot like food has just been prepared. After seeing delicious food made by a beautiful girl who has a crush on him, Myne without wasting time immediately starts eating food.

I wonder what kind of surprise June would give me tonight, Myne thought with a smile, while imagining something naughty which instantly woke up his little brother.

"Cool down little guy, it's not your turn to show action," Myne said to his little brother while shaking his head, his little brother is still too sensitive toward those kinds of topics.

...

After eating lunch Myne retune to his work, this time Myne decide to take things seriously, so instead of wasting his precious time searching for that purple slime, he decides to complete his mission first.

So while following his master-level strategy, Myne again starts bombarding the pond but not before stealing useful skills from slimes, even though normal slime doesn't have high-quality skills but they are still better than nothing, and with Myne's huge amount of magic energy reserve, Myne didn't mind having unnecessary skills, who knows maybe one day they can also come in use.

Like this Myne madly slaughter every slime that he saw in the pond until he saw that the sun has started setting down, and its time returns to the town if he wanted to submit his mission on the time. As Myne walked out from the pond, he opened his inventory and saw the fruit of his labor, under the box which has a photo of blur color slime there was 122 was written, which means he has killed 122 blue color slime, and things don't end here beside the blue color slime box, there was also green, brown, purple color slimes photos on boxes under which 107, 88, 12, respectively written. Blue and Green color slimes are most common in this pond, brown color slimes also weren't any special but because their color is similar to the ground they can easily hide there from their enemies, and because of it Myne miss them many times that's why their count can't cross 100. As for purple color slimes, they are quite rare here, even after searching the entire pond he hardly finds 12 but none of them have that unique skill, it seems like that purple slime slipped away from his hand.

Other than slimes Myne also hunts many other types of water creatures, especially big fishes which he will use later to eat, while completing his mission Myne also didn't forget to search for treasure but his wish didn't become true as other than some trash he didn't found any kind of treasure.

"Sigh, it seems like I am not as lucky as those main characters in books that I had read for timepass, those little shits always found godly treasure everywhere they go, and here I can't find a puny slime that runs away with my skill," Myne thought while looking at the empty pond one last time.

But still, this is a really worthwhile mission since I get many new kinds of skills and surprisingly most of them are passive skills which mean he didn't have to do anything and they will become powerful automatically as he grows big, Myne thought as looked at his status window...

[ Name: Myne

LV: 12

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 15 y/o

Occupation: Apprentice hunter, F-Rank Adventurer.

【Skills】

Appraisal・Complete LV2 (89/200)
Inventory ( 187/500 )
Cut & Paste (22/200)

*Special:-

Stealing hands・Extreme ( 29/50 ),
Double Jump ( 4/50 )
Night Vision ( 0/50 )

*Weapons Related:-

Dagger・Extreme (14/50),
Two-handed Blade ( 0/50 ),
Axe ( 0/50 ).

*Body Enhancement:-

Swift Feet (Small) ( 41/50 ),
Strong Arm (Small) ( 13/50 ),
Leg Strength Enhancement ( Small ) ( 47/50 ),
Sight Enhancement (Small) LV2 ( 10/200 ).

*Magic Related:-

Magic・Wind ( Basic Form: Wind Blade ) ( 39/50 ),
Magic • Fire ( Basic Form: Fireball ) ( 44/50 )
Magic • Light ( Basic Form: Light Beam ) ( 09/50 ).

Support Magic・Speed Reduction ( Small ) ( 14/50 ),
Support Magic・Sleep ( Small ) ( 8/50 ),
Support Magic・Stamina Recovery ( Small ) ( 19/50 ),
Support Magic: Anty Toxicity ( Medium ) ( 0/50 ).

Water Attribute・Resistance ( 10/50 )
Wind Attribute・Resistance ( 0/50 )
Earth Attribute・Resistance ( 0/50 )
Fire Attribute・Resistance ( 0/50 )
Poison • Resistance ( 0/50 )

*Normal:-

Needlework ( 1/50 ),
Etiquette ( 0/50 ),
Cooking ( 5/50 ),
Art of Negotiation ( 2/50 ),
Alchemy ( 6/50 )
Cleaning ( 0/50 ).

[ Money: Platinum Coin ( 20 ) Gold Coins ( 973 ), ]

who would have thought that a finger size fish will give me the 'Fire Attribute • Resistance' skill, Myne thought as remembered the moment when he searching for that purple slime when a little fish suddenly swim in front of him, first he didn't take that fish seriously but when he saw that little fish kill a fish two time bigger than her with a single bite, then he uses appraisal on her and saw that not only that little fish has a Fire Attribute・Resistance skill but it also has an ability called 'Super Bite' which increases her bitting power 3 times for 10 seconds after that it will fall into 30 minutes of cooldown time before it could use again. Even though super Bite is quite a weird ability but if possible then Myne really wanted to take that ability so he could use it in an emergency, who knows one day he has to eat something tough, that time this ability probably come in handy but alas he can't use ability since they are exclusive to monsters, like this again has to let go a great ability with a heavy heart.

But this little episode doesn't end here because after that he becomes a little serious, and while killing slime-like vegetables he also stops ignoring other little creatures in the pond, as result, he soon saw one more fish with an ability. That little guy has an ability called 'Bubble Brust', after using this ability that fish can make some bubbles from its mouth, and after those bubbles touch other things they explode like bombs but because that fish itself wasn't much bigger and it doesn't have much magic energy inside its body. That's why those bubbles also can't produce a powerful impact after their explosion.

What a waste of great ability, if only I can use that, then I probably bombard many enemies with bubbles, Myne thought regretfully.

But still, I am really come a long way, where before I only have 3 skills on my awakening day and now I have more than dozens of skills. Sigh, this is too much happiness for a little guy like me, Myne thought with a smile while closing his status window.

Now I should fill this pond again, this location is quite close to town, and there is a high chance that some people might find out that a big pond suddenly emptied without any reason. There is also a chance that the guild might start an investigation about this matter, and come to knocking my house door about this matter since the guild has a record that it was me who come here today for the mission, Myne thought with a frown, even though he might be overthinking about those things but Myne still didn't have any kind of plan to invite unnecessary troubles to himself. So after thinking for a while he releases 90% of the pond water from his Inventory and saves 10% for his use, anyway no one care if a little amount of water missing from a pond in the forest.

After seeing that the pond return to normal just with little lass water, Myne nodded his head with satisfaction and start walking toward the town but just as he walk 10 meters away from the pond, he saw a little bush shaking as if a hunter is sitting in an ambush waiting for his prey.

Huh? What kind of creature can hide behind such a small bush, and why the f*ck he is making so much noise if is trying to hide from me?? Myne thought he stealthily come in front of that bush and slowly peek behind it. But after seeing the program that going on behind the bush, and the main character of the show, veins start bulging on his forehead because of anger while making a sign like #.

"I am searching for this bastard for the entire day like crazy, and here this f*cker having a threesome with a blue and a green slime openly without caring about anything else," Myne said to himself while controlling his anger so he won't kill that motherf*cker or slimef*cker before taking its skill.

Then Myne hurriedly transfers the 'Tenfold Experience Acquisition' skill to himself and after taking a last look at live slime sex, where three slimes of different colors just jumping on each other while rubbing their bodies like they want to exchange their colors, Myne shoots three fireballs on them while taking their puny life with an emotionless expression on his face.

"This is what you get when you give me too much trouble," Myne commented while looking at the burning place where three cute creatures are having fun of their life before it ruins by a jealous soul.

34