Chapter 32. Peace Before The Storm
1.3k 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So young man, how is the taste of the fruits of my garden? Don't you think, that my fruit is more delicious than those sold in the market??" (⁠*⁠´⁠ω⁠`⁠*⁠) An Old Man asked Myne with a prideful smile after seeing how much fun Myne having while eating the fruit that he give him.

"Yes, Mr. Ben, Your garden fruit is really tastier than those in the market, do you use skill or some kind of family trick to make them sweeter?" Myne asked with a smile while eating 'Momba' the most delicious and famous fruit that you find in the Agusta kingdom.

Momba is a palm size blue colored fruit filled with a lot of nutrition. As for who is this Mr.Ben and what the hell I am doing here instead of going to the adventure guild to submit my mission? well, long story short, when I am returning to the town, I saw An Old Man in the middle of the road carrying a big bag on his shoulder and walking with difficulty leaning as if he would kiss the ground at any moment.

At first, I completely ignored the old man, since his struggle have nothing to do with me, and silently walked by him but as I passed by The Old Man, he throw his big bag on the ground and hurriedly come in front of me while asking for help, which of course I reject without any hesitation. But The Old Man also wasn't a new player, after seeing that I am not someone who will do other people's work just because of their age, he put down his smile and became serious.

After which we negotiate a little bit and I accept his mission to carry his big bag to the town gate in exchange for 3 Momba fruit. Even though this wasn't a profitable business, but since I don't have to do anything in this mission except for giving The Old Man company, so I accept his request.

And like this, I and the old man whose name is Ben start traveling together. Along the way, because of Mr. Ben's big chatty mouth, I learn some high-level gossip, like yesterday night town's one and only B-Rank Hunter Lyle, who also have some evil thoughts about Aisha were beaten by a lot of adventurers whom he insults in a drunken state until he doesn't have enough strength to move his finger and thrown out from the bar completely naked. Other than that Mr. Ben also mentions that the bounty on his head increases a lot and soldiers of George Hart, father of Cather Hart whom he assassinate, are searching for him like hungry dogs day and night all over the kingdom, and anyone who looks a little bit smilier to him directly kidnapped by some unknown peoples and never returned again.

"Okay, Mr. Ben here is your destination, it really nice to nice to meet you, and thanks for your fruits," Myne said while taking out Mr. Ben's big bag from his storage pouch ( Inventory ) and placing it in front of him.

"I also enjoyed having a company like you, but before you go on your way, if you want to know the secret of my testy fruit production, then you have to answer my one question, do you have a girlfriend? If not then I can introduce you to my granddaughter, she is the same age as you, and she also knows all household work, and believe me she is extremely beautiful," Mr. Ben said to Myne with a smile while giving him a knowing wink, that every pervert can understand.

If she is really that beautiful then why are you introducing her to a stranger whom you only know for 10 minutes? there is probably something wrong with this old man, Myne thought but he didn't change his face, and still with his trademark smile that he shows every stranger he reply calmly, "I really appreciate your help Mr. Ben but I already have someone who is waiting for me at my house."

"That's really a shame, but still, thanks for your help young man, goodbye then," Mr.Ben said and after taking his big bag from the ground he left for his house.

As for Myne after saying goodbye to Mr. Ben, he also entered the town and headed toward the guild, along the way he brought more than 30 new 1liter glass bottles in order to store all the slime oil that he has currently in his inventory. Even though his inventory can store anything in it but liquid-type things like water, and slime oil is a little different and if he wanted to take them out he first needs something to store them.

So after buying enough bottles, he found a desolate alley and entered his Inventory. In his Inventory, there is nothing new, other than infinite big grassland and some trivial things that he brought from the market or steal from his first assassin mission, there is nothing.

Sigh, still too empty, Myne thought as he fly toward a small water pond, which he just transfers here some hours ago, beside the pond, there is a small hole and inside the hole, all the slime oil was stored.

Myne after coming in front of slime oil, with a single thought, transfer all the glass bottles beside him, and after a single wave of his hand all slime oil magically started levitating from the hole and automatically filled in the bottles.

This is really so amazing, making things fly just with your thought is so cool, it felt like I am a god and could do anything, but alas this is just an Inventory, a skill that connected to my mind, not a real word, and every storage bag which has a lot of space have this kind of function otherwise how can people find a specific thing in the middle of thousands for other things in storage bag? Myne thought while shaking his head, if he really has this kind of power then, today he wouldn't have been doing this kind of slime-hunting mission.

After filling 33 1-liter glass bottles with slime oil, with a satisfied smile on his face, Myne comes out from his Inventory and resumes his journey toward the adventure guild.

................................
The same day morning, after Myne left the town for his mission.

Inside the room of an expansive Inn...

"Hey, stop! Do you even have any idea what are you doing?"

The B-Rank adventurer, Lyle who made a racket at the bar and personally picked a fight with a group of adventurers who ganged up on him, and his two party members are beaten like a pig, was frantically called out by one of the unlucky party members whose half of teeth are missing and currently standing with the support of a thin stick.

Lyle who had a medical tape ( A Tape with recovery effects soaked in medicinal plants ) on his face, arms, and legs, currently looks like a walking mummy, was putting on his equipment one by one slowly, with eyes filled with tears because of pain that he felt every time he moves his body. After all, he becomes B-Rank Adventure through his father's connection and a lot of external help, not because of his strength. In reality, he never completes any kind of mission, most of the time either he drinks alcohol and F*ck random girls in the brothel or wastes his money and travels around the kingdom in order to get some inspiration for his legendary stories that he always told to his fans. This is the first time in his life he got beaten so hard, and what is more unacceptable for him is that he can't take revenge on that bald f*cker, because that bald guy has a strong backer whom his father can't take risks to offend just because of his shake.

Continuing to ignore his party comrade’s words, Lyle silently wears his expansive equipment.

However, the weird thing is that all of his other party members around him were lightly dressed. To say nothing of weapons, they weren’t even bringing daily necessities.

Only Lyle was completely armored, ready to become The Agusta Kingdom's first dragon hunter.

"Seriously Man, stop this now…… You know that it isn’t good to go against a fellow guild member and hurt him in the town, right? Don't you what happened to Hyold who just recently caused a quarrel inside the guild?? He was heavily punished by the guild leader, and now he is nothing more than a burden on his mother." Lyle's party's second man, who also receives a reward for his blind loyalty last night with half of his body covered in the bandage and wearing a big robe while hiding his face under a hood from everyone for an unknown reason said with a painful voice.

Lyle’s comrades were persuading him one by one, The Smart Girl who run away last night immediately with her friend after seeing the gravity of the situation, even tried to seduce Lyle while giving him permission to do anything with her in private in order to change his decision.

But no matter what they said, Lyle still didn't drop his plan to attack a certain fellow guild member.

The guild basically does not cut in a quarrel between fellow guild members. However, in a situation where life will be taken, they will proactively intervene, and when they intervene unless you have strong backing your end won't be good.

In a fight between fellow guild members, if life was to be lost, such a foolish action will naturally decrease the guild’s war potential. Also, in a situation where a civilian was injured by any adventurer in the town, then the guild will naturally also intervene. After all, the adventure guild is nothing but a commercial organization where the civilians are their “customers”.

Committing an act of violence against their customers, then who will even choose to request from such an organization? Probably there isn’t anyone who’s that benevolent. That is why the guild rules are made stricter. So some fools who think themself king don't mass around lightly.

Because they know the rules, that's why Lyle’s party members are desperately trying to stop Lyle from committing a crime. At any rate, the party members always have a common destiny. As in you jump, I jump. It is a collective responsibility, so to speak. For Example, when there is someone in a party who obtained an exclusive receptionist lady, the party members will receive benefits, and similar to this, punishment will also be received identically by all the members.

So If Lyle acts rashly and did something big enough that the guild has to intervene, then when the guild judges him, they also judged his party members identically, so that’s why they are so desperate. However, it seems that the frantic complaints of Lyle’s comrades do not even reach his finger size brain.

"Being made a fool by a rookie, as if I can shut up! You guys don't know, everyone in the town is laughing at me like I am a clown, just because of him. I’m the one and only B-rank Adventurer of this town you know!? But now I have to leave town because of shame," Lyle shouted angrily while throwing his shield toward his broken teeth man, which was caught by the last party member of Lyle's team, The Girl who didn't say a single from the start to end.

"What kind of nonsense are you talking about!? That kid hasn’t done anything against you. For god sake, he hasn't even known you! This is just an unreasonable outrage of yours! So now stop being childish," The Smart Girl said angrily, finally running out of her patients after seeing Lyle's behavior.

Lyle who didn’t listen at all was starting to feel irritated at his party members, and his expression was becoming threatening. Since instead of helping him to kill his enemy, they are continuously talking for him.

"Shut up, You Motherf*ckers! If only that kid wasn’t here, Aisha would’ve become my exclusive, and I wouldn’t have gotten such injuries and become a joke in front of the entire town! This is all that bastard's fault and now no one can stop me from taking his life and if you try to stop me then I don't mind showing you guys that, who is the boss here," Lyle said with a cold tone while raising his index finger towards his party members.

Hearing Lyle's words, all of his party members one thing. This guy’s no good, he already lost his mind and now It’s completely useless to talk to him.

"Hey, Lyle. You know right that If you were judged by the guild, then we will all also be judged," the hood-wearing party member said forcefully like he is using a great amount of strength to open his mouth.

"Of course, I know, but it’s not my fault at all! The one who should be judged is that brat!! And since it is not my fault then you won’t be going to judge! Can't you guys understand such a simple thing? Can’t you use your brain?" Lyle said with a frown while looking at his party members full of madness in his eyes.

"…You, are you for real?" The Silent Girl finally open her mouth and said with a disbelief look on her.

"Of course, I’m serious, can’t you tell that by looking at me? Or do you guys have more trust in that brat than me??" Lyle asked with a piss of face.

Lyle's party members looked at each other and nodded at the same time.

"……Okay, then do as you like. However, this party’s dissolved from now on. From now on we are not your comrades anymore and thank you for your good care til now," The Half Broke Teeth Man said while bowing in front of Lyle to his respect, even though Lyle wasn't a good leader but his pocket is quite big and monthly pay he gives them for completing his simple mission really huge and for this they really appreciate him but just as The Broke Teeth Man showing his respect and making an emotional atmosphere, suddenly his weak stick that he taken from the middle of the road was broke from middle and with *Bang he falls on the ground and white teeth with a little amount of blood fall in front of Lyle.

At first, Lyle wanted to help his old party member but after remembering that they already terminate their old relationship, he hold back his emotion and just stared at him coldly.

After that, the silent girl comes forward to help that unlucky guy and after saying goodbye, Lyle’s comrades one by one left the inn, and their destination was the guild, to officially dissolve the party as soon as possible before Lyle brings any kind of trouble on their head.

Lyle who was left behind could not understand at all why his comrades, no, “former” comrades left him. He could only silently watch their back dumbfoundedly as they left.

...................

At that time, in the capital city...

"A young man who has just awakened his skills crushing an orc solo, how is this possible? did you investigate this matter properly??" A beauty wearing a pure white surcoat frowned at her well-featured face while asking a question to his servant.

"Yeah, no doubt, my lady. We also found more clues that there are more orcs killed near that town but because of a lack of evidence, I can't say confidently that it was really him or someone else who did that," A young man aged around 25 wearing a butler-like cloth said respectfully.

The surcoat-wearing beauty could not believe it. Having confidence in her skill, even if she, who is called by a “title” by the crowd in the kingdom, defeating an orc by herself would be difficult.

It is no wonder that she could not believe that a young man who had just come of age could accomplish such a task. She can only think that he had received an extremely terrifying Skill.

So mother was telling the truth, huh? If that is true then I think I will have to meet him once, The beauty thought with a playful smile.

"You did a great job, I thank you for doing that. I also think that there is a need to meet him once, let's see who is the new young hero, go make the arrangement," The beauty said to his servant, who nodded his head after hearing her request and left the room.

33