Chapter 33. Troublesome fellows
1.1k 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oye little money, what are you doing at my chair?"

"Huh? Big Sister Aisha, when did you return from the alchemist guild?? Didn't you say that the meeting will be going to be quite long, then how come you return early???" Mia asked surprisedly while standing up from Aisha's chair.

"Ahh, about that, yes at first I indeed planned to stay there till the meeting is over but then I remember an important work so I silently slip away from the meeting before anyone knows. Anyway, the work the guild leader gives me is already complete, so staying there or not, this doesn't matter much, but you don't try to change the topic and tell me what are you doing here, don't you have any work do?" Aisha asked Mia with a frown.

"Hehehe, don't worry about that, someone is already doing my work, and it already becomes evening and my shift is about the end, so till my work time is ending, I didn't have anything to do, so when I saw your empty desk, I come here and sit while waiting for my shift to end," Mia said with a little embarrassed laugh while rubbing back of her head, but after 5 seconds of an embarrassing moment, Mia retune to previous carefree mood and said, "let's stop talking about me, by the way, Big Sister Aisha did know what happened last night?"

"What happened?" Aisha casually asked while arranging some documents.

"Last night our town-only B-Rank adventurer Lyle, made a ruckus inside a bar and was beaten very badly by some unknown adventurer, and I've heard it too, that those adventurers after beating Lyne took him inside the storage room of that bar and did something mysterious with him, and when they come out Lyle was completely naked. After which they rob his all money, they didn't even give him his cloth and throw him out of the bar completely naked. I also heard that his two party members also have the same fate as Lyle and after all three of them returning their Inn in naked condition, almost half of town people are standing in front of their houses in order to watch them, and now they are most famous man present in the town," Mia said with a smile like taking pleasure in other people misfortune.

"So, it's that pervert huh? He really deserves a good beating, he was already getting on my nerves recently, it not for the fact that I give the guild leader my promise to not harm him until he won't go out of line, I would have already broken his bones," Aisha said angrily while remembering some unpleasant memories, cleary Lyle give her a fair share of trouble in past.

"Well, it's not his fault, he was just a blind lover, who has enough courage to set his eyes on you, and now he is paying the price for his choice," Mia commented meekly.

"Huh? Did you say anything monkey?" Aisha asked with a gentle smile while rubbing her fist, one wrong answer from Mia's mouth, and her game was over.

Seeing that Aisha had heard her comment and she might be beaten at any moment, Mia hurriedly speed up her brain horses, to find a way to avoid this disaster.

"No, I didn't say anything, but Big Sister Aisha, I wanted to ask you, are you free after work? If yes, then we can go to a good restaurant to eat dinner, it has been many days since I eat outside, and now I am really become bored eating grandma's hand's food, she rarely makes my favorite dish recently" Mia said dramatically.

"Ooo! But wasn't yesterday you are praising food made by your grandma? And insulting outside food, then where does its sudden love for outdoor food come from?" Aisha asked doubtedly with one eye closed.

"Haha... What are you talking about, I always love outdoor foods but because I don't have much money, so in order to avoid giving my friends unnecessary parties, I always say to them that I don't like outdoor food, and I only eat food made by my grandma or your, this way I can easily save quite a lot of money from my salary," Mia said with an awkward laugh.

Huh? So you didn't even spare me?? No wonder those girls never invite me to any dinner party, so it's all your scam! Also, I don't have much money, so I am not going to any restaurant for dinner with you, and I know very well that you don't have even a single penny with you, that's why you are trying to invite me, since all money from this month's salary you give to that fraud to increase your boob's size but in the end, he runs away with your money, so now go and find someone else as a scapegoat," Aisha said unhappily while taking out some snacks from here drawer and start eating them.

"Then how about if I come to your house, and we have dinner tougher there, it really been a long time since I ate the food from your hands," Mia asked with a big smile.

"Mia, tell me the truth, what's wrong with you today, why the hell do you want to eat outside so much? Can't you just go home, and eat your grandma's food??" Aisha asked with an irritated expression.

Sigh... Now who should explain to her that I can't go home tonight, Mia thought with a helpless expression.

While Mia is still thinking that where she going to stay tonight without money, Aisha suddenly lets out a sigh, even though she doesn't like to interfere with other people's business, but since Mia is one of the few people whom she can say her friends, so after thinking for a while she opens her mouth and said, "Oye, Monkey if you will tell me about all the matter then I can let you come to my house for tonight."

After hearing what Aisha said, Mia like she found her lifesaver, she hurriedly spoke with excitement, "Really, thank you so much Big Sister Aisha," while wiping imaginary tears.

"Oaky stop your drama, and tell me what's going on," Aisha asked impatiently.

Mia, after seeing that Aisha might slap her head at any moment if she didn't start talking, didn't waste any more time and hurriedly said, "It's not that big of a problem, just today when I am searching for something in my house, I accidentally broke my grandpa most favorite crystal vase who was gifted him by a distant friend of his, and after my grandma knows about it, she scolds me quite a lot, while saying that how much my grandpa love that vase, and today no one saves her from a good beating, but in the end, grandma take pity on me and suggest me that tonight I should not stay at home, and she will try to reduce his anger with her secret technique. So that's why I can't go home tonight," after saying that Mia starts shaking her head helplessly with closed eyes, clearly she is under great pressure all day while thinking that any moment her grandpa come in front of her and start beating her without saying anything and even her grandma is not present to save her.

"So in simple words, you made a big mess and now you are running away from your grandfather, right?" A lazy voice asked in front of Aisha's desk.

"Yes, you are right, but Big Sister Aisha, why does your voice sound like a boy's?" Mia asked with a frown while slowly opening her eyes.

"Because it was a boy's voice," Aisha replied while eating a Momba.

Huh? after hearing Aisha reply Mia hurriedly looked toward the frontside of Aisha's desk and saw Myne, who was drinking fruit juice.

"Yo," Myne said with a big smile while waving his hand in front of Mia, whose eyes is wide open with shock after seeing him like she saw some kind of ghost.

"You rascal, what the f*ck are you doing here? And why are you listening to our conversation??" Mia said loudly while pointing her index finger toward Myne, clearly, she still didn't forget their last encounter, where because of Myne's poisonous mouth, she gets carried away and started using her skill in the guild, and because of it, her grandpa scolds her quite harshly.

"First of all, who the hell are you calling rascal? I am a good boy, okay, don't spoil my name for no reason And second, what do you mean by what I'm doing here, this is an adventure guild, if a worthy adventurer like me doesn't come here, who will?? And as far as listening to the conversation between you two is concerned, I really don't want to listen to it, but when I came here, you were talking with such a serious face, that I didn't dare to interrupt your conversation, so in the end, I decide to wait for a little until you complete your conversation. And, most importantly Miss Aisha also knows that I am standing here when you are saying your sad story, since she didn't have any problem then why are reacting so aggressively ???" Myne asked unhappily.

"You.You.. Shameless pervert! Look Big Sister Aisha, how shameless is this guy, not only he didn't ask to apologize for listening to our conversation but instead he starts arguing with me. I am still saying to you Big Sister Aisha, this guy is not a good person," Mia said to Aisha while ignoring Myne since she knew that no matter what she say in the end she had to give up in front of his shamelessness.

"Okay, please don't start fighting just after seeing each other like you are mortal enemies, you both really behave like children, and Myne, did you complete your mission?" Aisha asked with an innocent smile after giving Mia a dreadful gaze who was still want to cause more trouble for Myne as if saying 'Now stop your drama otherwise you will not allow taking even a single step in her house.

Seeing Aisha's betrayal that she is taking a stranger's side instead of her best friend, Mia pours imaginary cold water on her anger and silently starts looking at Myne hatefully as if her eyes can kill someone then Myne has long since been dead.

Myne after seeing Mia's hateful nodded toward her with a big smirk and reply Aisha's question, "Yes Miss Aisha, I complete my mission and collect as much slime oil as possible since I only have a limited amount of time."

"That's Good then, and don't make such a sad face, even though you only get little time to complete this mission but this is your first mission and in the future, you will definitely get more amazing missions than this, so now, make a sweet smile on your cute face and give me slime oil, so I can you reward of your hard work," Aisha said with a beautiful smile.

Sigh, even though her motivational speech wasn't anything great but still at least she tries to make me happy, unlike someone who only knows how to make trouble. But one thing I don't understand is why the f*ck Aisha thinks that I am sad? it's because I started a fight with Mia as soon as I arrived?? I think this is the most reasonable answer to her action. Whatever, it's good for me, the more Aisha shows strong emotion toward me, the more it will be easy for me to make her fall in love with me, Myne thought while giving Aisha his storage pouch in which he already deposits all of the slime oil he has with him.

After taking Myne's storage pouch, Aisha start checking it, but soon a slightly surprised expression appear on her face for some moments and she started staring at him for a while with a serious expression because, the number of bottles filled with slime oil is a little too much for a single person to collect, that's why she is surprised that how did Myne do it? So now there are only two possibilities in front of her which can answer her question, first Myne is a rich young master of a noble family who is doing all this because he wants to win her heart and in order to complete this mission he brought all this slime oil from the market, and second possibilities is that Myne has some kind of rare skill which help him to collect all slime oil without wasting it, that's why he can collect so much slime oil such a short amount of time. But after seeing that Myne didn't have any kind of weird expression on his face just an innocent look that he is giving her nonstop, Aisha with a sigh finally withdraws her hawk-like gaze and continues her work, while thinking about which way she handles this matter. So In the end, she decides to go with the second possibility for two reasons, firstly, because she had already checked Myne's background data and confirmed that he is indeed an orphan and permanent resident of Lucas Town, and second because her women intuition saying that Myne didn't cheat on this mission.

"Okay, Myne everything is fine with your mission objects, so please wait a moment, I hurriedly deposit those slime oil bottles in the guild storage and bring your reward," Aisha said softly. "Also don't even think about fighting with each other, when I'm gone, otherwise..."

After saying that, Aisha left the remaining sentence in Myne and Mia's imagination and left to bring Myne's mission a reward.

"Oye, flat chest, can I ask a question?" Myne said after confirming that Aisha can no longer hear his voice.

"F*ckoff, And don't make fun of my breasts size, otherwise, I bombard you with tornadoes, if Big Sister Aisha hasn't prohibited me to not smash your this ugly gobline-like disgusting face, you wouldn't have been standing on your legs after calling me flat chest," Mia said while trying to control her anger so won't make a mess like last time out of anger.

Oh! That hurt a little, her tongue is really too toxic, and here I always thought that I am the most handsome boy in the entire town, and most of the girls are dying to have someone as handsome as me in their life but it turn out that I am wrong, this little shit didn't show even a little bit of interest in me, even didn't hesitate to insult my handsomeness. Sigh... Some people really never know how to respect good things... Wait a moment, what if the reason why she wasn't caught by my handsomeness is that she is different from normal people and she like girls more than boys? Myne thought while looking at Mia with a little hostility. After all, Mia is Aisha's only friend in the guild and she spends most of her time with Aisha, and with Aisha's otherworldly beauty, falling in her love is not completely impossible, and who knows she is the reason why Aisha didn't have any boyfriend.

Guess I'll have to be a little careful with her now, maybe she can become the biggest obstacle between my and Aisha's love story, Myne thought while rubbing his chin.

Why is this pervert looking at me with such hostile eyes? Don't tell me he wants to take revenge on me because I called him ugly, Mia thought worryingly. Even though she is more powerful than him and can easily beat him but that is her limit of activity, she can indeed beat someone with ease but she can't remove him permanently, and she has heard many gossips about those kinds of things, where often people who can't defeat someone powerful than him/her always play some dirty tricks and make their life miserable.

"Oye, rascal, ask what you want to know, but remember, I am only doing this because this is my work, not because I am scared of you," Mia said unhappily.

"Huh? Didn't you say last time that you are the assistant of the guild leader and other matters of the guild have nothing to do with you??" Myne asked with some surprise, clearly, this kind of sudden change in Mia's personality doesn't seem normal to him at all.

"If you have a problem then forget about it, I also didn't have so much free time that I answer every random loser's question," Mia replied with a frown.

"Hahaha, don't take my words to the heart, Miss Beautiful, otherwise, it will ruin your beautiful face with wrinkles, so smile a little and answer my first question, By any chance, do you and Miss Aisha are close friends, I mean more close then best friends," Myne said while trying to give her small hint with hand gestures, as first, he makes a small circle with his left-hand index finger and thumb while putting his right-hand index finger in and out into the circle continuously, he learns this from a great book which describes quite a useful bedtime techniques.

"Ah? What kind of shily question is this, of course, I and Big Sister Aisha are best friends but what do you mean by closer than best friends, and what are you doing with your hands, is this some kind of skill or a secret way to communicate, are you trying to say something in code language, also what is it means?" Mis asked questions one after another out of curiosity since this kind of thing like communicating with others through hands is quite new for her. That's why even though she said to Myne that he ask any questions but in the end, she started bombarding him with questions.

Sigh...It seems like I am just thinking too about everything, looking at her expression it doesn't look like she is lying, which means she is still too green about those kinds of things since she can't understand such a simple gesture meaning, I think she probably doesn't have even a single male friend in her entire life, Myne thought while looking at Mia with little pity, Mia is already 17 year old but she is still doesn't know anything about sex, most likely probably because of her overprotective grandpa, but Myne who considers himself a good person of course not going to ruin an old man all hard work while giving his granddaughter unnecessary information in free.

"Hey, pervert why have you suddenly become mute? tell me the meaning of those gestures," Mia asked again.

F*ck, seriously, why is she calling me a pervert so loudly and openly in the middle of the guild? What if other people make a different meaning of this, and start spreading unnecessary gossip about me? After all, she is the granddaughter of the guild leader and her words also have some weight in the guild, and if she continuously called him a pervert loudly, then wouldn't my name will be spoiled in the adventure guild? Myne thought and in order to shut down Mia's mouth as soon as possible, he hurriedly said, "Listen, Mia, this gesture that I just show is top secret that only powerful or intelligent people of the kingdom know about since you are the granddaughter of the guild leader, I thought you should know about it but it seems like I was wrong. Seem like for some reason guild leader didn't want to tell you about it, so I also can't say anything, otherwise, it won't be good for me, but if you really want to know about it, then I suggest that you show this gesture to your grandfather and asked about it directly so he can't refuse, also if possible then asked about it when your grandma is nearby, by any chance, if your grandpa refuses to answer, then you can use your grandma as an emergency weapon. Also, promise me that if your grandpa asks you about the source of this information, then please don't say my name otherwise he definitely throw me out of the guild and I will lose my only way to earn money, but if he still forces you to talk, then just say that Lyle shows this to you when he asking you to go on the dinner with him, anyway he is a rich B-Rank Adventurer with a good background, so guild leader probably not say much to him, just a little punishment and he will be free.

"Well, this makes sense, so those things are okay but how did you know about such a top secret?" Mia asked doubtfully, as for Lyle taking black pot (Responsibility) on his head, she doesn't care about it, since Lyle gives Aisha quite a lot of trouble in past, and now if she can learn about a top secret of the kingdom just using his trash name then she will be more than happy doing it.

"Ohh, about it, I learn it from my Brother-In-Law, he is a famous alchemist, so he knows about it," Myne lied shamelessly without blinking.

"I see, by the way, who is your this alchemist brother-in-law?" Mia asked while showing a curious look on her face, after all an alchemist who knows Kingdom top secret information is the real deal, and if she dig out his all profile information from Myne and give it to her grandpa then there is a high chance that she can convince him to increase her salary.

"Ohohoho! the young lady with flat chest, now are not you crossing your line? You know asking for someone's else personal biodata from someone whom you meet some moment ago isn't a good thing you know right?? Also, are not ashamed at all while asking this question??? No wonder some people said that a girl with flat chest and big temper is the weirdest creature present in this world who only knows how to make trouble because their brain is also as small as their other body parts," Myne said with a smirk while shaking his head.

"You! Youuu... What did you say, you rascal..." Mia, after hearing Myne's sweet answer immediately exploded out of anger, because of anger she can hardly complete her sentence before she start taking deep breaths as she has just finished 2 hours long intense sex. She stared at Myne with such furious eyes that if she had skills like heat vision or laser eyes, then he would have turned into ashes by now.

"Look what I said, small chest, big temper, as for brain I didn't even know if you have it or not but from my point of view I don't think you have any," Myne said with sympathy while looking at Mia like she a cripple person.

"Enough of your crap now, it's time to see whom the f*ck saves you from me," Mia said furiously while gathering magic energy to cast her most powerful skill on Myne.

But while Mia is preparing to cast her deadliest skill, her opponent Myne who should be frightened to death by now from Mia's point of view, just calmly stared at her with a big smile, like everything going on here has nothing to do with him and he is just a bystander who is just enjoying a free show.

looking at Myne smile, for a while Mia felt like there is something wrong but in the end, she decided that it was not the time to distract herself and she had to beat this little piece of shit quickly otherwise who knows someone come out to stop her after sensing her magic energy, then it will be little troublesome to beat him latter, but this is her biggest mistake, alse like old and successful villain had said 'if you want to do something then never waste your time on thinking and immediately do it, otherwise, there is no chance that you can succeed'.

But Mia who wasn't even a nob villain how can understand such an important lesson, so as Mia wasted her time thinking while gathering more magic energy in her palm in order to make her skill more powerful, a beautiful white hand come behind her big but empty head and slap on it, because of sudden slap who come out of nowhere, Mia whose all force was on Myne so he doesn't run away because of her carelessness, can't react with sudden abuse and nearly fall on the ground, and because distraction her skill was also canceled.

Mia after supporting herself a little bit, hurriedly look back to see which f*cker has a death wish that sneak attack on her but after seeing Aisha behind her, who is looking at her with a frown, she immediately held back her anger.

Seeing Aisha's angry face, Mia knows that she has been f*cked up and will again be blackmailed by Aisha to do her work, so she does not report this incident to her grandpa, as the use of skills is prohibited in the guild. And anyone who breaks this rule will surely be punished by the guild leader. Then Mia looked toward Myne who after feeling her gaze show her a victory sign with an innocent smile.

So that's why this pervert is looking at me with a smile all the time, he probably shows Big Sister Aisha coming so he starts acting innocent huh? Well played you, bastard, well played, Mia thought with a bitter smile since it is the second time when she was defeated by Myne who made her villain and himself a hero.

After looking at Mia for some more seconds, Aisha ignored her and come to her desk and spoke with a bright smile, "Here take this Myne, this is your mission reward of 33 silver coins, even though you only get this mission today morning but with the speed, you complete your mission is quite frightening, not many people can do this what you did, I really impress."

"Please Miss Aisha don't praise me too much, I am not that special, I was just a little lucky that I found a big group of slimes in a cave near the pond you point in the map, otherwise, how can someone as weak as I am can collect so much slime oil," Myne said with a smile while collecting money bag from Aisha.

"Luck is also one way part of our strength, Myne and now stop calling me 'Miss' like I am some kind of princess or a middle age aunty, our age gap isn't that big all right," Aisha said with a beautiful smile.

Just as Aisha said that Mia who was silently standing in her place immediately make a dumbfounded expression since this is the first time she heard Aisha talking with someone in such a sweet manner. What's going on here? How can my Big Sister who doesn't even give even a B-Rank Adventurer a glance, now talk with a shameless pervert so nicely?? Wait a minute don't tell me that pervert has some kind of mind control skill, using which he took possession of her mind, Mia thought with a stunned expression.

Unknown to Mia's creative imagination, Myne seeing that now his time with Aisha is about end since his work is complete,
didn't waste any more time in idle talk and hurriedly come to a point, "By the way, Aisha, I want to ask you something, as you know that today was my first day of becoming an adventurer, and thanks to your help today I make a lot of money in a short period of time, so in order to say proper thank, I want to invite you on the dinner if you don't mind," Myne said nervously while waiting for Aisha reply with anticipating.

"Well, Myne, I really appreciate that you invite me for dinner but you asked me a little bit late since just some moment ago, Mia asked me to go to dinner with her and I accepted her request, so I can't come with you today, please forgive me, but next time when you do something big, I will defiantly go to dinner with you to celebrate," Aisha said with an apology.

Don't worry about it, it's not like I never celebrate alone, any way, goodbye, let's meet tomorrow morning then, Myne said with a weak smile like an abandoned puppy who is thrown out of his house and now has no place to stay.

Sigh... It seems like emotional drama not going to work on her, or it did but because I am still strange to her so she hide her sympathy toward me quite well and didn't try to make me happy, probably she is hesitating for some reason not knowing what to do. Well, this is reasonable since if she gets carried away with such a simple act then she is defiantly not working here instead she is taking care of her children with her husband. Hum, but because of her caution now I have to make a more solid plan, what a pain in the ass, Myne thought while walking toward the exit.

Seem like I break his heart, Sigh... But it is really difficult for me to come to close anyone since that accident, and because of that, I can't even manage to find a good partner for myself, either most of the men who meet me are poor ghosts without strength and money or some arrogant rich f*cker who consider me a toy to satisfy their lust. looks like it is time to move on otherwise I will die a virgin, he is also isn't a bad candidate, I should give him a chance, Aisha thought while looking at Myne back with a light smile.

...

Anyway let's think about Aisha's matter later for now, I have dinner to attend, Only god know what kind of delicious dishes June has perper for me, I really looking forward to eat, Myne thought as he headed toward his home but just he walk little farther from the adventure guild, someone called him from behind.

"……Hey, Newbie."

Hmm? Myne after hearing someone voice look back and saw a person, whom he had seen some time ago, and fooled an innocent but idiot girl who would soon use his name to make a certain old fellow angry. This person is of course 'Lyle', Myne's brain-dead love rival, who recently become the hottest topic of the entire town after getting beaten and thrown on the middle of the road naked by some adventurers. Currently, he is standing 5 meters behind me, fully armed like he is going fight a war, while staring at me with such a hate full eyes like I kill his father and rape his mother in front of him, and now he has come to take revenge on me.

Seem like those adventurers vent their anger on Lyle quite well since most parts of his face, and arms are covered in bandages, but why does he want to meet me? I don't think he even saw me before, but seeing his expression one thing is clear he doesn't come to me with any good intentions, Myne thought with a frown, he can easily smell trouble from Lyle.

"Yes! Are you talking to me?" Myne asked with a poker face.

"Yesh, I am talking to you, my name is Lyle, B-Rank adventurer, so as a senior in the guild it is my duty and responsibility to explain certain important things to you, that's why I want to discuss something with you, so quickly come with me it will not take much time," Lyle said with a heavy voice while trying to give Myne mental pressure so he follows his command obediently.

Lyle has golden hair, sharp brown color eyes, a fox-like face, a thin but fit body, a height of around 1.8-meter, and half of his face has a bandage, looks like someone beat him properly.
he’s wearing expensive-looking full-body armor, an expansive golden shining gauntlet in his hands. Although I didn't know properly who is this Lyle but one thing is clear he is surely a rich person, who will soon be going to contribute his money for the greater good.

36