Chapter 37. Casual Talk
1.4k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you all right Myne?" Aisha asked with concern while casting her healing skill on him.

So soft, and surprisingly Aisha's smell is really nice, she probably spends a lot of time in the bath, Myne thought curiously but soon he come out from his pervert thought and said, "I'm okay, give me a second, I will regain my energy in no time."

After saying that Myne, while acting like a weak chicken, took advantage of the situation and while touching various parts of Aisha's body in the name of accidents, and finally gets to his feet with forceful help from Aisha.

"By the way, Myne, do you even healed by any kind of healing skill before?" Aisha asked while adjusting her clothes.

"No, this is my first time and just like I heard, healing type skill is really super useful. No wonder most of the powerful adventurer teams always have a healer in their team," Myne said with an envious expression but deep down he was thinking of a way to acquire a powerful healing skill for himself, after all, no matter how many combat types of skill he has without healing skill he always felt insecure.

But Aisha didn't know Myne's inner thoughts nor did she take Myne's envious expression seriously, since it is the normal reaction of most people who first time show a powerful skill, so without making Myne more depressed while talking about something that he can't get ( from her point of view ) Aisha give her a beautiful smile enough to lift up Myne fake sad mood and said, "So this is your first time when someone heals you with skill, right. No wonder you didn't know much about healing skills and their small side effects. Let me explain why you are suddenly feeling so much hungry."

"Actually, healing skill is not as powerful as you think it is. Let's go with your example when I use my healing skill on you, that time you have a damaged lung and some internal injuries. So after I use the healing skill, magic energy inside my body transfer into you through my healing skill and start repairing your injuries. But my healing skill is not omnipotent that with just a little bit of magic energy it can heal your all injuries without any external support. So technically you can say that healing skills just speed up your body's recovery capability to an extreme level enough to heal you completely in a matter of minutes. Now, do you understand why you are feeling so hungry? Aisha asked.

"Then are you saying that it's my body that recovers itself, and you just speed up that process with your skill? So in other words, my body uses up all the energy stored in my body that I get from food to heal my injuries??" Myne asked with a blank expression.

"Yes, that's right. Wow, Myne, I didn't expect that you understand this so quickly, it seems like you are smarter than I thought," Aisha, said playfully.

"Haha, Thanks for your compliment," Myne said while rubbing the back of his head with a proud expression, clearly getting praise from his crush is enough to make Myne happy and let him know that it's time to launch the last step of his master plan.

"By the way, Aisha, Thank you for saving me, if you don't come here today, then only god knows if I would still be alive by now. So again Thank you for saving me, for me, you are no different from that knight in shining armor in fairy tail, it's just that this time instead of saving the princess like in the story, that knight saves a poor little handsome boy," Myne said with a serious expression while bowing in front of Aisha.

"Hehe, Myne, you are really an interesting guy, even your way of saying thanks is a little different from others, also you don't need to perform this kind of formalities, I am not a knight nor someone who likes this kind of stuff, just a simple 'Thanks' is more than enough for me," Aisha said with a gentle smile on her face while helping Myne to raise.

Yesh, everything going perfectly, now it's time to strike while the iron is still hot, Myne thought.

"Anm!, Aisha, now since you mention it, as a savior of my life, if I only give you a verbal thanks, then it looks quite improper, so how about it, if you don't mind then I want to invite you to dinner tomorrow night," Myne said embarrassingly while acting like a noob who just ask his lover for the date.

"Oh, is that a date invitation?" Aisha asked playfully with a big smirk plaster on her face.

"Hum? No, what are you saying, it's just a normal dinner invitation," Myne said while blushing like a newlywed wife who just saw her husband's little brother for the first time, and ask blushfully to him if it can even fit in her little hole.

But after seeing Myne's expression a light giggle escaped from Aisha's mouth, "Hehe, Myne you are really so cute, Okay, I accept your data...I mean the dinner invitation. Tomorrow evening after my work end, you can pick up me in front of the guild's main entrance."

Yesss...finally, all hardship paid off, Myne thought with tears of happiness in his eyes. After enduring a lot of pain and humility from a weakling like Lyne, now finally Myne can enjoy his fruit of labor.

"Okay, it promises then, tomorrow evening we are going to dinner," Myne said excitedly.

Aisha just give smiled at Myne's words while nodding her head in approval, and just as the two of them were about to start a new round of romantic nonsense between couples, a sudden commotion among the crowd at the alley entrance disturb both love birds.

"Move away give the way, please don't make things difficult."

When Myne looked toward the alley entrance to see which motherf*cker disturb him at such a wrong time, he saw a middle age man who looked like an ass-kisser at first glance leading the way and behind him, Mia's grandfather and the adventure guild's current guild leader, wearing light armor with two one-handed blades hanging behind his back coming toward him and Aisha with a deadpan expression as if he comes from his son's funeral.

Coming to Aisha and Myne, The Guild Leader first looked in Lyle's direction and saw him laying on the ground unconscious with life and death unknown. Seeing Lyle's state which was no better than the street dog, The Guild Leader thought something and ordered his subordinate to check on his condition.

After handing Lyle's matter to his trustworthy subordinate who is a full-time healer and part-time ass-kisser, The Guild Leader turns his attention toward Aisha and asks her with a calm voice that doesn't quite match with his facial expression, "Aisha, can you tell me what is happening here? I want to know every single detail about this matter from beginning to end, don't leave anything behind. You know very clearly who Lyle's father is and how much trouble he can bring to our guild if we don't give him a proper explanation."

"Yes, Guild Leader, let me explain what happened here. Around half an hour ago when I am doing my work..."

Then Aisha begins to explain her side of the story, like how one of her colleagues told her about Lyle's teammate's statement that Lyle wanted to kill Myne and after knowing that Lyle tricked Myne and bring him to a secluded place. Aisha asked Mia to inform The Guild Leader, while she hurriedly start searching for both of them before it is too late. Then Aisha mentioned unnecessary detail such as how she asked many passersby people about Myne and Lyle and finally, after asking nearby 21 people, she finally found them at the right moment when Lyle just about stab his knife in Myne's heart,

While Aisha was explaining her two-minute-long story in which she filled a lot of nonsense and made it around 10 long, in the background Myne who was a nobody in eyes of a big guy like The Guild Leader and was completely ignored, listing conversion between silently, suddenly an expression of enlightenment appear on his face.

So that's how Aisha knows about Lyle's true motive, but still, no matter what says, Lyle's teammate is really quite intelligent, till Lyle gives them free benefit and money without asking for anything back they fully support him like life and death comrades but when at the first time after forming team nearly around 3 years he asked help from then to kill his love rival who doesn't even have any noteworthy background, they still reject his wish without any hesitation and not only they left his team but also disclose his plan to the enemy. Sigh, that guy is really quite miserable, Myne thought while looking at Lyle with pity, if he was in Lyle's place then after knowing about his old comrade's betrayal, the first thing I do is not kill my enemy but catch those basterds and torture then until they die from pain or they lose their mind, no one can enjoy free lunch from him, but anyway it was not Myne who get betray and Lyle matter have nothing to do with him.

"So that's what happened huh? Also if I am not wrong then it must be you who beat Lyle in that state, right??" The Guild Leader asked with a frown.

"Of course, It was me, no one can escape my punishment after bullying my friends, let alone someone who tried to kill them, if not for the fact that he is still useful for the guild, I would have long since ago sent him to the hell," Aisha said with cold face while giving Lyle a quick glance.

"Sigh...I see since you didn't kill Lyle, then let's drop this matter here till Lyle doesn't regain consciousness, and you, if I am not wrong then you are Myne, right?" The Guild Leader asked with a smile.

Huh? Hearing The Guild Leader's sudden question, Myne, who was thinking of something important came out from his thoughts and replied subconsciously, "Ah, Yes I am Myne."

"Haha Good, seems like my memory is still quite strong, So Myne, I really feel sorry for you for what happened here today, just after joining my guild you already get in trouble twice in a row, because of the leak of security, and I am really sorry for that but I promise you that after today nothing like this will ever happen again. As for things that have already happened, there is nothing I can do about it except to compensate you for your injuries and other damages. So please try to understand and forget what happened here and let bygone to the bygone," The Friendly Neighborhood Guild Leader said with a forceful sad smile like he deeply care about his guild people and after today's incident, he probably not going to eat anything in guilt that how damn weak is guild security is.

Why has it's felt like this Bazza, Badam, whatever name guild leader trying to cheat me? And why does he think that I forget about someone who was trying to kill me some moment ago just out of jealousy? Also even though I use Lyle as a scapegoat some moment ago in order to complete my master plan but that doesn't mean that I will spare Lyle, his death is certain, it is just a matter of time, and Lyle also is a fat sheep, how can I let him go so easily? Myne thought, But still, since those are Myne's confidential plans, and other people don't need to know about them, so Myne nodded his head meekly and said, "Sure, I also didn't want to make things difficult for Aisha and Mr. Guild Leader."

After hearing Myne answer a big grin appeared on his face, and he nodded his head like he won a bet of 1000 gold coins. Then he patted Myne's shoulder and after saying that he will meet him tomorrow, the guild leader left to deal with Lyle's matter leaving Myne and Aisha alone.

"Sigh, Myne, you shouldn't agree with the guild leader's request so easily, at least you should have to show him a little bit of dissatisfaction, this way you defiantly get more compensation money," Aisha said with a frown after the guild leader left.

"Yes, you are right, I might get more compensation if I follow your plan but what after that? If I acted aggressively in front of the guild leader and somehow angered him and if he started targeting me in the guild, what will I do then?? Would have fought with him until one of us was defeated or would have fled from this town???" Myne asked while at Aisha with a helpless smile.

"In this world, the weak don't have the right to ask anything from the strong, if you want to live a peaceful life then there is only two way, first become strong enough that no one can bully you, or second, shut up your mouth and avoid as much unnecessary trouble as you can and become ass-kisser of strong so they won't make things difficult for you," Myne after saying that didn't looked at Aisha stare at the already dim sky like a saint.

That should be enough to make me more pitiful in her eyes, right? Myne thoughts and secretly looked at Aisha and saw that she is in deep thought with a frown on her beautiful face.

Yep, this is more than enough, I should open a drama company, with my acting skill I probably make a lot of money, Myne thought with a smile.

"You are right Myne, it seems like after staying idle for too long my brain also becomes lazy, and I forget that there is no such a thing as justice, it is just all about the benefit. If you have value then they will treat you like a king, otherwise, you are nothing but a fish on the chopping board ready to slaughter as others wish. Thank you for opening my eyes again Myne, you don't know what kind of help you did to me unknowingly, I nearly forget a promise that I made to myself a long time ago. So thank you, Aisha said with a smile while giving a light hug to Myne before running away with a red face.

Throughout the process in which Aisha thanked Myne and suddenly hugged him, Myne stood motionless like a statue in a daze expression.

This thing wasn't in my script. This sudden change of events really caught me off guard, but still seems like after getting through all those troubles, in the end, the fish finally got caught in the net, Myne thought with a smile while watching Aisha running figure.

Since all work here is finished then I should also go home now before June become angry. Should I take a gift for her? Myne thought while walking toward his home with hands in his pants pokects...

29