Chapter 86. Rare Cockatrice-Type Monster
782 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After laughing heartily Myne come back to Aisha and calmly stands behind her like a bodyguard.

Cass gives him a weird glance but didn't say anything, Aisha also ignores him like she doesn't know him very well, and continues her conversation with Cass.

"Yes, but you know old habits are not easy to leave, so here am I back to action, by the way, since you’re here, that means these people behind you are members of the “Soaring Sandstorm”, am I right? Aisha asked curiously.

Hm? “Soaring Sandstorm” Why does this name sound so familiar, I think I’ve heard about it somewhere before. And it seems quite recent...... Myne thought with a frown.

"Yeah, a request came in for the Clan. We came here to get 'Speed Shoes' dropped by the rare monster from this boss room, Cocka Grice. At any rate, it is a rare monster and you know it's not too easy to encounter them. Sigh, to tell the truth, we shouldn’t have accepted such a request, this is so much pain in the ass," Cass said helplessly, clearly he is fighting with this boss for a long time to get his task item.

Aah, now I remember, the Soaring Sandstorm should be the Clan formed by a former S-rank adventurer. So he is that guy, huh? Myne thought and use appraisal skills...

[ Name: Cass

LV: 52

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 32 y/o

Occupation: The Clan Leader of The Soaring Sandstorm.

【Skill】

One-handed Sword・Sacred Lv7

Trap Production Lv5

Direct Penetration LV6 ]

I have to as a clan leader he is indeed quite powerful, at least this is the first time saw a Hume whose levels are 50+, and his skills also look strong, but sadly I can't borrow them, sigh, Myne thought disappointedly while looking at Cass's skills with greedy eyes.

"Anyway, Aisha, are there only the two of you in your team? And since you come here mean that you're also after the boss? With just you two, rather than harsh, it'll be impossible to kill this boss, you know about it, right? Cass asked with a stern face while secretly observing Myne, and after seeing his carefree attitude, he immediately labelled him as a newbie, who knows nothing about the danger of a boss monster, and just blindly followed Aisha.

"Thanks for your care but we'll somehow manage. By the way, what’s the situation right now?" Aisha causally replies and asks back, to change the topic. She already knows Myne's power and doesn't need other people's advice before doing anything, and if she really wanted to be powerful enough so she can help Myne, then she has to keep fighting with powerful monsters.

As Aisha asked that, Cass sighed like an old man and helplessly explained the situation.

It has been an entire week since they come here to get their task item, but even after a week of continued hunting the same monster over and over again, they still didn't get that Item, and they gradually got tired, especially female members in their group who just wanted to get out of this dark hole. They haven't seen the sun for an entire week. They come here early in the morning and return at night.

That’s why, they’re taking a break right now. Or to tell more especially, Cass is trying to motivate his clan members for one last battle who were on the wage of giving up and wanted to go back to their homes.

"Well then, it won’t be a problem for us to enter the boss room, right? Aisha asked with a smile.

"Of course, I don’t mind, but are you seriously planning on entering the boss room with two people? Being an old friend of yours, I really wouldn't suggest you do that, you can die there," Cass said while shrugging his shoulders.

"No thank you, it’ll be all right with just the two of us. Okay then, see you later. Let's go Myne," Aisha said and gestured to absent-minded Myne to follow her.

"Ohh, yes, let's go," Myne replied and follow Aisha closely, during this entire conversation Myne didn't try to put his nose into the matter, and let Aisha handle everything, while successfully solidifying his image of a noob in mind everyone in Cass's group. But when he was about to enter the boss's room, he turns his head toward a young girl age around 15 years, who looks like new in Cass's group and probably a healer from her profession because of how her outfit was, and give her a wink with a smile, did some small gestures toward with his hands, and said something while moving his lips but without making any sound.

That girl's faces immediately become red like a tomato from shyness after seeing Myne trying to flirt with her, but before she could ask Myne the meaning of his gesture he already enters the boss's room and the door was tightly closed again.

...

"What were those gestures means which you did to that girl just now?" Aisha asked immediately with her arm crossed over her big boobies just after the door closed with an expressionless face.

"Ohh those, I was just saying to her that there is a small poisonous spider in between her boobs, but the way she reacted, I didn't think she understand what I was actually trying to say," Myne said helplessly and suddenly looked at Aisha with an evil smirk on his face. "Why? Are you feeling jealous?"

"No way, why would I be jealous? If one day I even find you putting your nose under another girl's skirt except Sylphid, then I will be the first one who shoots an arrow in your ass," Aisha said with a serious expression.

"Ohh, looked at it, my cute Wifuu is getting jealous. Sorry dear from now on I won't help other people okay? No matter if they die from poisonous spiders or something else," Myne said with a smile and hugged Aisha from behind while giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Good, I hope you remember this, putting your nose too much in others' business can get you in big trouble one day..." Aisha said and paused for a second as if she remember something before getting out of Myne's hug, and looking at the boss monster in front of her.

Myne clearly noticed the small change in Aisha's emotion but he didn't say anything as this is not the right place to talk about those kinds of things, as for the matter of helping that girl, that was just a white lie. He was getting bored during Aisha's and Cass's conversation, and suddenly his eyes fall on a young girl in Cass's group who was also yawning boredly in a corner broadly, then this idea come into his mind.

[ Name: Cocka Grice

LV: 49

Race: Bird Family ( Rare )

Gender: Female

Age: 1 y/o

【Skill】

Rush

【Ability】

Flying Feather

Petrifaction ]

The Cocka Grice is a flying-type monster. Its body at first glance looks like a giant white colour eagle but its head is of a chicken, mysteriously has a giant tail like a snake, sharp claws which can make holes in walls very easily, and eyes are the same as a snake, but a white glow can be seen in them once in a while.

"I am feeling sorry for you friend, I think he is going to fail his mission," Myne said jokingly with a smile like taking pleasure in other people's misfortune, while stealing Cocka Grice's skill, as for its ability, because they looked very powerful Myne this time decide to collect them, so he pastes them on a stone and put it into his Inventory. Maybe in future, he can control powerful Monsters with his new Tame skill, and then he can give them those abilities and make them his most powerful helpers.

"Well, he can only blame his own bad luck for this, but I didn't expect that it would be a rare cockatrice-type monster, and it looks very strong, what do you think?" Aisha asked while getting ready for the fight.

"We soon find out how strong this guy is," Myne replies and fired multiple Fireballs rapidly at the Cocka Grice.

Kraaaaaaa!

Seeing hot fireballs coming at herself, the Cocka Grice let out a loud cry and hurriedly try to avoid them, but sadly because of its giant size, it can only dodge five or so fireballs before getting bombarded by them.

As the fire spread on her feathers, it again let out a loud cry but this time a painful one. it tries to use its skill Flying Feather so it can throw all the burning feathers at its attacker, but to its surprise, no matter how much it tries, it can't use its skill, and soon its entire body starts burning and after some moments what was left was a scorched, staggering Cocka Grice.

During this entire possession, Myne didn't stop sending fireballs at Cocka Grice which help the fire spread on its body more quickly.

"Okay, Aisha, you can now give the Cocka Grice a final blow and relief it of its pain," Myne spoke to dumbfounded Aisha who was staring at him with her mouth wide open.

"Yes, but I don't understand one thing, why the hell it didn't use any of its skills? I had heard before that many people try to burn the Cocka Grice feather to kill it quickly but it always puts out the fire on its body by using its skills. Then why didn't it use its skills today, and Just flapped its wings like an idiot?" Aisha asked confusedly, making her feel like she's been cheated on. She always thought that the Cocka Grice was a very powerful monster, and not easy to kill and only an S-Rank adventurer has enough power to fight with it alone, but today she show with her eyes just how easily Myne kill it.

Were those people lying back then so not many people know about this secret and they can earn profit by continuously killing it easily? Hum, this explanation sounds very reasonable, Aisha thought and active her Archery skill and fired an arrow at the half-dead Cocka Grice's right eye, taking it life with a single shot.

10