C.2 : Choice
1.1k 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Get him out. We need to meet the employer." The driver spoke and Isaiah felt a hand grab him and pull him from the seat, dragging him somewhere.

The sky had already turned dark, and the surroundings weren't especially eye-catching either, not with him being drugged and out of it.

He staggered along, almost falling a few times only to be roughly yanked back to his feet. He almost wanted to cry because when had he ever endured such a situation?

His spinning head lessened slightly when he saw someone standing up ahead. Unlike the men who snatched him, they weren't armed. Isaiah racked his brain trying to figure out if he had seen this person before, but his mind came up blank.

"You did well." A voice spoke, and only then did Isaiah realize the other party was a woman. Meeting his gaze was a woman standing at five foot eleven, one that he would no doubt never be able to approach normally.

Her beautiful face framed by emerald green hair was extremely alluring, and even his kidnappers felt a pang of lust, but they pushed it down. This woman was paying serious money for their services, offending her was basically asking for death.

"No one saw right?" The woman's red eyes stared at the man questioningly and he shook his head. She nodded seemingly satisfied and waved a hand languidly.

"As promised, three million USD in cash." Several men in suits walked over carrying briefcases and handed the kidnappers the briefcases, flanking the woman after doing so.

"Leave, your business here is done." The woman looked at Isaiah who stared back in a daze, guessing that this woman was behind this somehow, but he couldn't figure out how he messed with her.

The kidnappers left quickly, maybe because the men in suits were also armed as well. The woman smiled and held her hand out for a handshake towards Isaiah.

"We would have gone about this differently but we are currently pressed for time. You can call me Regina, it's nice to meet you Isaiah." Regina shook her hand and Isaiah woodenly shook it, his spinning head quickly fading.

"I'm sure you have questions, but that'll have to wait until we're off world." Regina turned and gestured for Isaiah to follow, walking into an empty clearing surrounded by trees.

"Off world? What does that even mean? Don't you know it's illegal to kidnap people?" Isaiah spoke, controlling his voice so he didn't cause too much of a commotion.

"Well. That would apply normally. The situation isn't normal however, so we had to take more forceful measures." The woman raised a hand and tapped her wrist watch, and a low whine sounded.

A spaceship that looked to be from a science fiction movie appeared, not instantly, but as if whatever hid it before had been deactivated. It was nearly sixty meters long, maybe longer and covered in a sleek white material Isaiah didn't recognize.

"Come on, we have a lot to talk about." Regina walked towards it and a low hiss sounded. A three meter wide entrance appeared and that white material practically condensed out of thin air, forming steps to enter.

Isaiah looked around and realized none of the men in suits seemed alarmed at all. They kept patrolling as if they didn't see this big spaceship appear from nowhere.

"You seem curious. I set up a barrier to block them from seeing the ship. As far as they know, I'm simply a wealthy woman who hired them for a job, that's all." Regina didn't seem intent on explaining any more as she stepped on the stairs.

"I'm giving you a choice. You can go back to your life, forget about this and live a quiet life. Or you can come with me and potentially achieve more than you could ever hope to dream of."

"Forget, how could I forget that I was kidnapped and brought here against my will? That I saw a f*cking spaceship!?" Isaiah asked speechlessly, wanting to figure out how this woman's brain worked.

"I can alter and erase memories Isaiah. Say the words and you'll wake up at home in your bed, with this being nothing more than your overactive imagination at work."

"So I won't remember anything? At all?" Isaiah asked carefully and Regina nodded. He thought about it, about how he had no choice in this matter, about how utterly helpless he was and felt indignant.

"If I go with you, will I be able to protect myself? Will I regret it?" Isaiah knew that logically, it would be best to forget, but the side of him that yearned for more, it wouldn't let him do so.

"You will be able to protect yourself, as you'd be quite strong. As for regret, I don't know if you will, that will be up to you to decide." Regina looked at Isaiah and spoke clearly.

"I'm not anyone important or special, so why give me a choice? You could have just done as you pleased without my input." Isaiah asked, his answer hinging on her response to his question.

"You're right. You aren't special, but without your choosing to, what good would you joining us be? You have the chance to live a life everyone on this world can only imagine, whether you choose to do so is up to you."

"I'll go." Isaiah said and Regina smiled at his words. He spoke softly, but she had no problems hearing them. She gestured for him to enter, and he did, for the first time in a while, feeling excitement and anticipation about what his future held.

"We'll be arriving on the Muriela shortly. Don't worry, everything will be fine." Isaiah heard the ship's humming become louder, and with barely a jolt, the spaceship flew upwards into the clouds.

"Muriela? What's that?" Isaiah asked, and Regina smiled at his incorrect pronunciation of the name. She led him to the Control Room and chairs materialized much like the stairs for the ship did earlier.

"Muriela. It is the name of the Light Carrier Class Ship in orbit around the Earth. Unless the situation calls for, we normally only deploy Light Carrier Class Ships to less developed star regions like this one.

"Light Carrier Class Ship? What is that?" Isaiah had a bit of a problem imagining a spaceship orbiting Earth with no one on Earth being aware, then he remembered the invisibility the ship he was now on had.

"Mm. Ships given the designation Light Carrier Class are all over seven hundred to a thousand meters long. While they aren't that powerful compared to the others, we rarely find opponents in young star regions."

"Damn. Earth hasn't even managed to figure out how to traverse space freely and you all do it so easily?" Outside the window showed the rapidly darkening skies that turned darker still with motes of light in the distance.

"This is your first time in space right? Congratulations." Regina smiled at Isaiah who looked out at the stars in wonder and amazement, marveling at how beautiful space really was.

31