C.3 : Meeting
891 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you get used to this? The beauty, I mean?" Isaiah vaguely gestured outside of the ship at the stars. Regina smiled and a panel flashed and projected itself in the air.

"It is beautiful, but there are things that are even more beautiful than space." Regina tapped the panel and the outside view faded, replaced by the same material walls as outside.

"Oh, did you think it was a window? That wouldn't be safe for a variety of reasons. What you saw was a real-time projection of outside the ship. When we dock, try not to take what my fellow Visu say. We don't get many visitors." Regina smiled awkwardly, inwardly hoping her people wouldn't go too far.

"Visu? Is that the name of your race?" Isaiah didn't recognize the word, so he assumed it wasn't from his planet. Regina nodded and then got to her feet.

"We're docked. Come on." She led him through the winding white corridors without any signs of doors. When Isaiah asked Regina why he hadn't seen any doors, she laughed in amusement.

"Like the stairs and the chairs you've already seen, we can use technology to manipulate the structure of our ships. We can create and seal rooms without much problems so they weren't designed with doors."

"Okay, since you're about to meet my fellow Visu, we need to give you a translator. Luckily, we managed to create them to not be such a bulky and annoying thing." Regina tapped her wristwatch a couple times and a watch just like her own appeared.

"Put it on. I don't have time to explain all the functions because we'd be here for a while, but I'll give you the basics. These serve as translators as well as a mini Actualizer. It can create a variety of small things but after a certain limit, the Actualizer Energy Cell will be depleted."

"Don't worry, things like normal weapons and small devices are easy to make. Do you think we honestly have time to build everything by hand? We use Actualizers to print our ships and stations."

Regina led Isaiah to the exit that appeared when they approached it, revealing a brightly lit passageway. Further up ahead was a blank wall, which melted away revealing a beautifully designed lounge.

Unlike the lounges of Earth, this one had a distinctly different feel that couldn't be replicated by humans even if they tried. Isaiah felt it was probably the difference between civilizations at work.

"Regina, you're back so soon? Oh, you brought a toy?" A gorgeous woman flanked by two people in pale white body armor without weapons Isaiah could see approached, her dress a tad too revealing for Isaiah walked over, her hips swaying almost hypnotically.

"Natalie. Yes, I'm back, do you not want to see me? Also, Isaiah isn't a toy." Regina shot Natalie a glare which the latter simply nodded to, not offended that she had been rebuked and replied with a smile.

"I would wither away should I not be able to see the lovely Regina's most beautiful and radiant face. Now, I hear that we're being called to a meeting, does it have to do with the... slightly evolved monkey here?"

Isaiah felt that this woman called Natalie's words were extremely vicious and condescending, but he remained silent because with how advanced they appeared, humans were probably just slightly less hairy monkeys to them.

"You're as crass as ever. I hope you don't bite your tongue while speaking Natalie." Regina spoke flatly, glancing at Isaiah and sighing in relief inwardly when he didn't explode.

"What~ You dare to wish something so terrible on me? We both know I love to talk, whatever will I do if I bite my tongue?" Natalie looked at Regina in mock fear, only to laugh a moment later while Regina smiled.

"Oh, we seem to be going to the same place. I guess I was right. Well, I'll talk to you later~ Oh! Before I forget, your name was... Oh, I forgot. Well, anyway, just don't cause problems, kay?" With that, Natalie walked off ahead and disappeared a few moments later.

"That airhead was Natalie. She is a bit direct, but she doesn't have any bad intentions towards you." Regina led Isaiah down a few corridors and stopped, an opening appearing before them.

"I can tell you're more bothered than you're letting show. To us, humans aren't anything amazing, similar to how humans view ants, that is how the Visu also view your species. We mean no offense by it so I apologize in advance."

"I don't understand it much, but I get it. Back on Earth, the wealthy looked down on the poor, so it's similar, I guess?" Isaiah was surprised when Regina nodded in acceptance.

"Regina stop blocking the door. Move your big butt!" A voice that sounded boyish despite being distinctly feminine spoke from behind. Isaiah looked back in surprise because he hadn't heard anyone following them.

"Oh? Is the washboard upset? Maybe if you give it some time, you can grow up like me." Regina smiled with arrogance, enjoying the look of indignation on the newcomer's face when she spoke.

"Y-you! Shut up! Who would want to be a big breasted idiot like you?!" Isaiah got a look and realized that the newcomer was also beautiful, in a way different from Regina or Natalie.

If they were full of charm, then she was cute and charming. Only... she was a bit pitiful in the breast department. As if feeling Isaiah's pitying stare, the blond haired girl grew angrier.

"Even that guy is looking down on me now! Regina, I hate you!" The blond girl pushed past Regina who simply laughed at her, making the girl's face flush slightly.

"Don't mind Isis, she isn't quite as honest as she could be though." Regina looked at Isis' slender back when she disappeared into the room. She shot Isaiah a smile and gave him a thumbs up.

"You got this." Isaiah was a bit speechless. He didn't even know why he was going in there, but he steeled himself and walked in anyway. Since he had boarded this pirate ship, he couldn't call it quits now.

Inside was a platform hovering above the ground. Regina motioned at the platform and Isaiah understood. He walked over and stepped on it carefully, afraid it would give out but it didn't.

"Since we're all here, can someone explain why a meeting was called? I was busy you know?" A woman Isaiah hadn't seen before, one with sea blue hair and warm golden eyes spoke in annoyance.

"It's not that complicated honestly. We have a native of the world below and we need to decide what to do with him." Isaiah got a good look and realized there were seven people in the room, all looking at him with differing expressions on their beautiful faces.

25