C.4 : Debate
733 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Eh? Why? Just give it a weapon or something, what's the worse that could happen?" The blue haired golden eyed beauty spoke, wanting to end the meeting as soon as possible.

"I recall you doing that some time ago Amber. If I'm right, didn't the species soon become extinct after you 'helped' them?" Another spoke, with short brown hair and gray eyes.

"Ah? You can't blame me for that! How would I know they'd wipe themselves out over that sword? It was just a basic one too!" Amber shouted in helplessness, looking ashamed.

"We told you many times, giving out technology to lesser developed worlds will only cause them problems. Even if they themselves don't fight, other stronger species can steal it."

"Fine. Speak!" Amber slumped in resignation. She had wanted to get this over with quickly, but they had other plans apparently. Regina smiled a bit at Amber and made eye contact with everyone before speaking.

"From the world we're in orbit around is Isaiah. He wants power and I decided to call a meeting." Regina looked at Isaiah who looked a bit nervous, who wouldn't be with beauties staring at them intently.

"From his memories, I can't see anything warranting your intervention. Why did you call us here Regina?" Another woman spoke, her long black hair and orange eyes made look like a beautiful anime character.

"He isn't very assertive, so what's the harm? Give him a genetic enhancement or something!" Amber yelled, but she was ignored by everyone besides Isaiah.

"Whether or not he is assertive isn't the problem. You had a goal Regina, did you accomplish it?" The orange eyed woman spoke again, her eyes narrowed slightly.

"No. But-" She couldn't continue because Isis who had been silent started to gloat happily. Some words, Isaiah couldn't understand as they sounded alien even with the translator, but he understood Isis was getting her revenge for earlier.

"So you called a meeting but didn't complete your goal. So what do we do? Do we leave now?" Natalie asked, ignoring the glare she got from Isis who hadn't yet had her fill of laughing at Regina.

"I don't care either way. Whether or not we help them is inconsequential. Do we wipe his memories and put him back on the planet below?" The final woman, with purple hair and emerald eyes asked faintly.

"Wait! I didn't get to finish!" Regina half yelled, shocking the others because she rarely got frustrated or annoyed. Isaiah was having a small panic attack at the thought of forgetting everything he had seen today.

"Continue Regina." The purple haired woman spoke again, this time in a softer voice. Regina looked at her and nodded and proceeded to speak, sensing Isaiah's chaotic mental state but putting it aside for now.

"Thank you Serena. I did think about the goal but decided that could be dealt with later." Hearing Regina, a few beautiful faces frowned in confusion because they all knew how important the task was.

"What could possibly be more important than compl-" Regina cut Amber off and Isaiah watched as everyone's face morphed into extreme shock and curiosity.

"I found a Xinqru." The room fell silent and remained like that, Isaiah extremely lost because the translator also didn't work on the word Regina had spoken.

"What? Do you know how insanely small the chance of a Xinqru appearing is?!" Serena asked, her previously calm expression had vanished, replaced by disbelief.

"I know. But I did. Do you think I'd lie or joke about something like this?" Regina looked around the room and they fell silent, lowering their heads in silent apologies.

"Since you've said so, I'll believe you. We have the Aaldri with us on board. I'll go get it." Natalie got up and left the room, leaving it silent as they all felt curiosity and hope rise within them.

"Hey, you! You know touching the Aaldri would result in your death if what Regina claimed is wrong. You can still go back, forget and live a normal life." Isis spoke again, feeling Isaiah's confusion.

"What is the Aaldri?" For the first time since he entered the room, Isaiah spoke. The women looked back and forth between themselves and then Amber spoke.

"The Aaldri is a very powerful thing. Touching it would result in you being destroyed instantly, but if you're what Regina claimed, you'll be fine." Isaiah looked at Regina because this was also news to him.

"It's true. I did say you could become more powerful than you could even dream, but power has it's price. You won't die, please trust me on this Isaiah." Regina looked at Isaiah, her eyes tearing up.

"What is the price? What does giving me power even mean?" Isaiah asked calmly, suppressing his emotions. He wasn't stupid. Why would some hot alien chick offer him power without a reason? If she had another motive of course.

"I got it." Natalie's voice sounded and the door opened. She walked into the room carrying a crystal in her hands, about the size of a football filled with different colored lights.

"If we went the usual way, maybe a genetic enhancement to increase your physical strength and body would suffice, but if you truly are a Xinqru, it's going to be something else entirely.

"And what exactly is a Xinqru? The translator doesn't seem to be working." Isaiah spoke, his voice colder than he intended, but he was tired of being left in the dark.

"Xinqru is a special title. How much did Regina tell you about us? The Visu?" Serena countered with a question, and he shook his head in confusion.

"Well, it made sense, this is pretty secretive stuff after all. If we count all the Visu existing, we would reach twelve." Hearing her words, Isaiah was dumbfounded. How could such an advanced species be made up of twelve people?

"But there were those people  in the armor-?" Isaiah spoke hesitantly, unsure of what was going on. Serena shook her head at his words, cutting him off before he could finish.

"They aren't Visu. We have many subordinate species under our control, but there are only twelve Visu. Visu aren't born, we are created. The conditions for our creation are impossibly strict as well."

"Xinqru is a title that we use and no one outside of the Visu know it's meaning. It means One Who Senses. We are the few, but we have an ability, to sense and to control the counciousness of creatures. If we wanted to, we could directly devour it, increasing our strength."

"You, while being human, can become Visu if you are a Xinqru. Without becoming Visu, you won't be able to devour or control it, but you should be able to sense it with some practice."

"Just know, if Regina is wrong about you, you will be forever be imprisoned in the Aaldri without a body. A formless being only able to think trapped within, forever." Serena finished, looking at Isaiah with seriousness.

28