C.5 : Xinqru
826 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's not even death, that sounds worse than hell." Isaiah spoke, wanting to rethink his decision, but when he looked at the almost crying Regina, he froze up.

"You didn't lie to me, you just didn't tell me the whole truth. I want to be strong, but the risk is too high. I wouldn't mind death, but to exist as a being without a body is too much." Isaiah shook his head and explained his thoughts.

"Then it's settled. You will have your memories removed and sent back to Earth. Regina, you will explain your actions to everyone later." The woman with brown hair and gray eyes calmly spoke, her voice pleasant and sweet even if it was cold.

"Yes..." Regina lowered her head, feeling a heavy sensation in her chest, and even Isaiah who was annoyed with her felt a bit bad for her, but as he went to speak, his vision shook.

"Natalie, care to wipe his memories? We can let someone send him back after." The gray eyed brown haired woman asked Natalie who nodded after looking at Regina silently.

Isaiah heard the conversation, and felt panicky, but he also felt something more. Aside from the panic, he felt disappointment, annoyance, resignation, and regret.

It was as if he was experiencing multiple emotions all at once, but at the same time, he somehow knew they weren't his. He locked eyes with the Aaldri and he felt connected to it.

A wordless intent entered his mind and without him realizing, he had taken steps to get closer to the Aaldri. Regina was disappointed, but she knew it was her fault for not explaining properly, so she was shocked when she saw Isaiah walking towards the Aaldri.

"Stop! Isaiah, if you touch that, you won't be the same." Regina hurriedly yelled and Isaiah snapped out of it long enough to realize what he was about to do and felt chilly all over.

"I-?" Isaiah stuttered and tried to explain himself, but another wordless intent entered his mind and he felt that he had to touch the Aaldri. As he continued to get closer, Regina went to stop him.

'Am I really okay with the fact I'm risking not only my life, but something far worse here? Do I want to be strong so badly that I don't mind changing, to not be me?'

Isaiah felt his legs carry him closer, and Natalie who held the Aaldri wanted to move, but something had locked the Aaldri in place. With her strength, throwing a car wasn't hard, but now the previously weightless Aaldri now felt like it was as heavy as a planet.

'I don't want to die, nor be trapped forever. But what is this pain I feel in my chest? It's like... I need to touch it. Strength, is it that important to me to do this?'

The others realized something was wrong and tried to approach, but the Aaldri lit up with lights, like an aurora with every color within shining, and their thoughts became slower.

'Who am I? I am Isaiah. I want to be strong because... why do I even want strength?' Isaiah thought to himself, his body stopping a foot from Natalie's, his eyes on the Aaldri.

'Is it because I want to rule over others? No. I want strength so I can be who I am and do what I want without anyone denying me that right... But who do I want to be?'

"Isaiah, didn't you notice that the Visu you all met are all female? It isn't by chance, we are an all female species. If you do touch the Aaldri, you will change in ways you cannot even imagine if you don't die." Isis spoke out, her eyebrows furrowed in discomfort.

'Will I let myself change? Will I change who I am, what I am for power?' Isaiah asked himself, the other Visu not struggling anymore and just watching the scene with curiosity.

'No. That isn't it. I can remember all the times I secretly denied my thoughts, threw them away out of fear of being laughed at and ridiculed by others. Is it power I'm changing myself for or myself?'

'When I was young, I wanted to be cute. When I grew up, I learned to endure the person I saw in the mirror every time I looked because I didn't have a choice. I don't want strength...'

'What I want... What I want is to not be myself. What I want, I cannot have. What I want, strength can not give to me. I don't want to be myself, I want to be who I suppressed and hid all those years ago.'

"I don't want to be Isaiah." Isaiah unconsciously spoke aloud this time, and the Visu present looked at him silently. They were practically immobile, so they could only wait and see what he would decide.

"Then become someone else. Something else. Your desires, hopes, dreams, wishes, I can grant you that." The Visu widened their eyes in shock. It had to be known that the Aaldri and never shone nor spoken, and now it had!

"My dearest Xinqru. You have hidden yourself away in the dark, looking at the others with envy and jealousy. No more. Xinqru, I shall give you your heart's desire."

The Aaldri spoke again, it's voice soft and sweet, soothing Isaiah's soul to the point where he felt as if he were in heaven. A figure formed in place of the Aaldri, a woman made up of lights.

Her appearance caused all the Visu present to kneel, their heads bowed. Perhaps only the oldest Visu knew that the Aaldri was an actual being, a conscious entity that could communicate and speak if it wished.

The room was bathed in nine colored light, like waves in an ocean. The Visu who were used to experiencing other's mental states felt like a raft in a stormy sea, capable of being thrown overboard without any resistance.

"Isaiah... This is the last time you will be called as such. You are Lyric. I know what you wish and I will fulfill my promise. Relax my Xinqru." Aaldri spoke again, her voice gentle and sweeter than anything Isaia- no Lyric had ever heard.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" Lyric felt tears trickle down her cheeks as Aaldri float we over and caressed her face gently, Lyric not realizing her entire being, both cells and her consciousness was being rewritten.

Lyric's body emitted light as her inferior human DNA and existence was elevated beyond that. Lyric felt her consciousness expanding like the ripples in a calm lake, and she could sense both the Visu and Aaldri.

Both had an overwhelming consciousness that Lyric couldn't mistake. Aaldri hummed in satisfaction, her form fading, leaving a rapidly dissipating glow on Lyric's new body.

26