C.7 : UA
512 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyric sat at the table across from Serena, the other Visu talking amongst themselves softly so as to not distract Lyric. Much like the other Visu, her features were near perfect.

Her emerald eyes and purple hair gave her an exotic but natural look a human couldn't hope to pull off. Serena tapped her wristwatch and a screen appeared projected in the air.

"Okay, we'll start with ourselves. The Visu were all created by the Aaldri as you know. Aside from Quetsu, we don't have much information on the Aaldri."

"Though we might seem to resemble humans, we are physically stronger and more durable due to our bodies being designed that way. Well, it's more like the bipedal form is quite common in most star regions."

"We aren't the physically strongest species out there, but we have abilities that balance that out. Unlike nearly all the species in the universe, we don't need a body to exist, we can exist without one."

"Our bodies are simply what the Aaldri designed for us, but if something happened and your body was too damaged to function, you could detach your consciousness from it."

"Of course, being a disembodied being isn't very comfortable but we manage. We don't normally encounter danger though. We have many subordinate species under our banner, and they defend us from our enemies."

"You have enemies? Why? You don't seem evil or anything." Lyric was curious because she couldn't understand why someone would target the Visu.

"Haha, we all have different ideas on some things. Being Visu, we can mentally manipulate other species to do our bidding, and we use that to our advantage. Just like humans breathe naturally, mental manipulation is just as natural to us."

"You manipulate them?" Lyric furrowed her brows, a bit unsure what Serena meant. She could recall them mentioning wiping her memories and such, but she wasn't exactly sure what that fully meant.

"I'll give you an example. If a... let's say a human knew about something confidential and would go public with that knowledge, what would the human higher-ups do in such a situation?"

"Arrest him or silence him? Make him sign a non-disclosure agreement at the very least." Lyric answered truthfully. Though she wasn't a politician, she could guess what would happen to someone who did such a thing.

"Unlike humans, we can do more. We could either wipe those memories or implant new ones to make him loyal to us, gaining a loyal subordinate and more manpower."

"Isn't that kind of wrong?" Lyric felt that it was wrong, but she wasn't too resistant to the idea as one might expect. If it was before, she might have her misgivings, but after becoming Visu, that seemed to vanish into thin air.

"Humans are polluting the planet for their own convenience without a care in the world. Isn't that also wrong?" Isis looked up from her own screen which Lyric could read.

Isis was researching Earth casually. The security protocols and restricted content were no different than an online book or novel that could be read normally.

"While it isn't morally right according to some, do you prefer we do without it, endangering many of the species who came to us for protection because we can't control the other more aggressive ones?"

"Life isn't so black and white Lyric. If you have the power but don't use it, why have power at all? Some stronger species and such have an alliance called the UA, the Universal Authorities."

"They want to imprison us for the 'atrocities' that we've committed in their eyes. Don't forget, they aren't innocent either, eradicating entire species and civilizations because they were 'dangerous'."

"So we're like the bad guys?" Lyric smiled slightly and Serena looked a bit miffed, but Isis, Natalie, and Regina laughed at that. Lyric looked over in confusion and saw Isis grinning widely.

"Civilizations and species that have reached the scale of being able to rule a galaxy have all done things that would horrify anyone else. On Earth, didn't they drop bombs on a country because they wanted to win? Killing both noncombatants and warriors alike?"

Lyric wanted to refute, but she couldn't. Isis waited for her to settle down before continuing. The door opened and a woman walked in, serving the Visu present with drinks and then leaving.

"We aren't saying we're right Lyric, but if we didn't do as we did, we would be forced to use the other option..." Regina sighed and sipped her glass lightly.

"What?" Lyric could guess, but she wanted to hear it with her own ears. Regina looked at Serena who had turned her attention to a menu displayed in thin air.

"Extinction. The complete destruction of our enemies. That or to cripple them so badly they regress hundreds or thousands of years so they are no longer a threat."

"Being kind and thoughtful aren't why we are still alive Lyric. You don't have to change though, I find it quite cute." The soft and warm voice spoke and Lyric looked over at a Visu with long golden hair and similar colored eyes.

"Cute?!" Lyric felt her face flush in a mixture of embarrassment and delight, liking the fact that such a beauty had called her cute. Seeing her adorable reaction, the other Visu who hadn't spoken to Lyric finally did so.

"Very cute. Extremely cute. You don't have to accept our ideologies right away, but I do hope you give us a chance to show you we aren't the evil the Universal Authorities make us out to be." The final Visu spoke, her voice cold but carrying a hint of warmth that Lyric could feel clearly despite her flushing face and chaotic mind.

Like the other Visu, she was perfect. Her hair was an icy blue and her eyes seemed to be a lake without a hint of imperfection.

"Some species who have reached a decent techological level can extend their lives further than evolution naturally provided, increasing their lifespans. We have something similar." Regina brought Lyric back to the present with her voice.

"Well, you may call it similar, but the other species would curse you to death. How can deaccelerated aging be compared to our biological immortality?" Isis spoke up with an arrogant tone, but it didn't make Lyric feel any sense of dislike for her since she somehow knew that that's just how Isis was.

"Biological immortality? So I won't age? Ever?" Lyric felt a flash go off in her mind as she realized what that truly meant. Tiya, the one with golden hair spoke gently.

"We can be killed, though there hasn't been a case of Visu dying yet, it is possible to some degree. You won't age nor get sick ever again, as your body is vastly different even if it resembles a human form."

23