C.8 : Ancient Visu
421 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you want to try some?" Natalie pointed at the glass in front of Lyric which was untouched because the latter was too preoccupied.

"Mm? Sure..?" Lyric brought the clear glass to her lips and sipped it warily. The dull silver liquid that didn't seem to have a temperature when Lyric held the glass was cool and refreshing.

"It's made from a fruit that grows in a pretty distant star region. Normally, it isn't available in any market, legal or otherwise, but we have our ways."

It was sweet, but the flavor wasn't overwhelmed or ruined by it as it simply complimented each other well. It reminded Lyric of a different but more flavorful orange or maybe even mango?

"So we did talk about our general situation, but will anyone ask Lyric what she'll do now? Granted, we aren't given rules we 'have' to follow, but we do try to abide by a few guidelines to remain... safe?" Tiya spoke while looking at Lyric with a serious expression.

"You can return to Earth or you can traverse the stars and explore. You basically have unlimited time and resources. Go wild and have fun." Regina smiled, sipping her drink elegantly with her emerald green locks framing her face.

"So you haven't actually been introduced to us yet even though we all know you. I'll go first. My name is Tiya. I tend to deal with most of the interpersonal relationships between the species under us." Tiya spoke in the same gentle voice as always and Lyric nodded in response.

"Serena. I manage our money and resources." Serena raised her glass towards Lyric who nodded once again. Regina introduced herself next, and Lyric learned she was normally in charge of external affairs and such.

"I'm Isis. I don't do much because responsibilities are annoying!" Isis twirled her blond hair with a look of distaste on her face, looking annoyed at the thought of having her 'play time' taken away by boring things.

"That's Isis for you. I'm Natalie. I wish I was as free as Isis is actually." Natalie looked at Isis and Lyric felt a wave of envy directed at Isis who laughed in amusement.

"Natalie directs our technology and research stations. She doesn't have that much work, but it-" Amber was cut off by a very discontent looking Natalie.

"Not that much work? Then how about you take over then? Since it 'isn't a lot', I'm sure you can do it." Amber let out a grimace and shook her head with surprise.

"No! I already do too much as is. Do you know how hard it is to keep track of everything going on in the other star regions? Not even credits can buy all the information we get!" Amber shook her head again with some lingering fear.

"It's nice to finally be able to introduce myself to you. I'm Eve. You can consider me a biologist since that profession is slightly similar to my job even if it is a bit basic." The Visu with long icy blue hair and eyes spoke, her voice cold but not distant.

"Slash doctor slash chef. If you want to eat something really good, then tell Eve to cook. She's practically invincible in the kitchen." Isis put her glass down half finished and bragged as if it were herself she were complimenting. 

"Okay, while we do our respective jobs, we don't have to do them actually. It's just something to keep us occupied. Well, for everyone except Amber that is. Quetsu made sure she has to work because she tends to cause trouble if left to her own devices." Serena finished and Lyric felt a sense of helplessness and regret coming from a certain blue haired and golden eyed beauty.

"It was one time! Okay, maybe a couple of times, but would I have done that if I wasn't bored?" Amber didn't seem to realize that sentence was probably why she had to work when the others didn't though.

"Quetsu, who you've heard about before is... well. She's a pain." Tiya spoke with a wrinkled brow, as if recalling something troublesome. The other Visu looked at Tiya and laughed helplessly.

"Quetsu is a raging... lesbian? I think? Is that the word used for females that like other females?" Eve asked with curiosity, making Lyric choke on her drink since she didn't expect to hear such a thing.

"Well, she did make a 'pass' at Tiya who was in the shower once. I only heard Quetsu scream and then the ship we were in suddenly had an extra hole." Natalie smiled at Tiya who simply rolled her eyes.

"I admit, our Tiya is a beauty, but Quetsu also made a pass at everyone else... so many times! If it wasn't for the fact she wasn't here, she'd have already tried to jump on you Lyric." Regina looked at the dumbfounded Lyric and smirked.

"Quetsu is for lack of a better word, Quetsu. The other Visu are considered Ancient Visu because they've lived for several Epochs if we use Earth's timing. Maybe about thirty million years for the youngest Ancient?" Tiya spoke again and Lyric waited for them to tell her it was a joke, but no one did.

Sensing her disbelief, Regina giggled and spoke. "We may look young, but how old do you think we are? Going by pure age, even Isis who is the youngest of us still have over fifty thousand years on you Lyric."

"When we said finding a Xinqru was rare, we weren't being untruthful. The longest amount of time that has passed between finding Xinqru's is at least several million years."

"Other species with relatively good evolutionary traits can live for hundreds of thousands of years with good age deacceleration if they aren't wiped out or something." Serena added sensing Lyric's confusion.

"Being able to live forever, even potentially, is quite boring if we don't have company. Eve has created several aging serums, but we don't use them often because that would cause more problems that it would fix."

"Still, I can't replicate the Aaldri's absurd biological immortality. Speaking of which, did Quetsu or any of the Ancient Visu say anything about the Aaldri's changes?"

"Since it happened, the Ancient Visu most likely already know. They'll tell us if it has any negative impacts... hopefully?" Tiya muttered, clicking her tongue while thinking about how hard it was to get an answer out of them.

"They're not being mean or anything, they just don't see things the way we do. Comes with living for millions of years I guess?" Isis shrugged her shoulders, glancing at the Aaldri which hovered a few inches above the table silently.

21