C.9 : Paths
573 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I think I'll stay on Earth for now. Although I can just up and leave, I might be a bit lost because I grew up believing that humans were the only civilization anywhere."

"To now be able to travel to different worlds and see other intelligent lifeforms... I might just lose my mind." Lyric finished her sentence and Isis got up and came over, patting her on the head to soothe her nerves.

"No matter what you choose, we will always stand besides you Lyric. Please promise me something as well." Isis spoke, her voice stern and serious for the first time since Lyric met her.

"Don't change your personality. We don't want you to change yourself for us. If you want to change, please do it because you feel that you want to do so." 

The other Visu nodded as well. To them, who could easily change the very consciousness of a person, they liked those who remained true to themselves ironically.

"I'll try." Lyric spoke, her voice soft but everyone heard it just fine. Isis gave her a stare and then went back to her seat. Eve tapped the table and the flat blank surface changed and Lyric realized it wasn't a table, but a screen.

"We have three paths. Elemental, Mind, and Physical. It isn't something that can be chosen at random either." The screen changed and Lyric saw words she shouldn't understand but did anyway on it.

"Elemental uses technology to invoke natural phenomenon at your will. Because we are recreated by the Aaldri, we can use any of the three paths, but we usually all specialize in one."

"So you could... fly?" Lyric had seen movies where aliens had amazing technology and such, but only a few where they could directly defy physics despite being so much more superior to humans.

"Any paths allows you to do so. Mind allows you to anchor yourself in the air, Elemental using wind and Physical using pure brute strength. To be fair, Physical is probably the most brain breaking at this point honestly."

Seeing the look of confusion Lyric had, Tiya elaborated on Natalie's words. "Well, one of the Ancient Visu specilializes in Physical. They can generate the same gravitational force of a black hole just by using their strength."

"Yeah. But they're also marked for immediate destruction by the UA. Seems that being a natural disaster is a no-no to them. But Mind far enough down that path allows you to manipulate entire civilizations so they're also marked for immediate destruction."

"Elemental at the extreme can rival both Physical and Mind. It wouldn't be a problem for Eve or Tiya to cover planets in storms or freeze oceans. At the peak, didn't Asiyra freaking black out a star region?" Amber looked at Eve who nodded back.

"Mind you, star regions are all at least a billion light years in distance. Asiyra is lucky she was an ancient. The UA really tried to fight us because she did that." Tiya's lips twitched slightly.

"Okay, let's put it like this. That star region was basically abandoned because all the technology became useless. It's impossible to enter that star region because technology will cease to work if you do."

"So many civilizations had to either migrate or just stop progressing. We had Eve to help along with the culprit herself, so we get along just fine, but to other species, it's a dead zone."

"Hey, speaking of that. Isn't the Glazed Star Region a thing because Asiyra froze half a star region because she wanted to give Eve a surprise? Well, it is really pretty though." Lyric felt that Asiyra was probably the reason why the UA disliked the Visu so much.

"Asiyra meant well. Besides, she doesn't exactly get off unscathed because Miryanda tends to scold her whenever she does 'too' much. But she's probably already on her way now to meet you Lyric."

"To meet me? Isn't she an Ancient Visu? Aren't they like really important?" Lyric wasn't sure she was ready to meet someone capable of altering the milky way ten thousand times over repeatedly without a problem.

"But you're also important Lyric. I wouldn't be surprised if the other Ancients also popped in to say hi. Yes, they tend to lead us, but we can speak to them if we wished to. We don't have to follow their wishes, we just kind of do."

"It's like being close to someone. You don't actually have to listen, but you just respect them enough that you do. That and in the end, wouldn't it be lonely if we all just did whatever?"

Lyric could understand that logic somewhat. To a species that had endless time, what would be worse? To do what you wanted momentarily and then to be utterly alone forever?

"So Physical is kind of demanding, but not to the point it's a bother. We already have trainings devised for each path to push you forward quickly. A Visu without strength wouldn't be safe." Regina brought the discussion back to point.

"Amber is on the Physical path. She wouldn't have a problem punching through planets right now. Other paths aren't as physically strong, but Elemental and Mind can use both Shields and Psionic barriers to resist damage."

Lyric looked at Amber who stared back with dead eyes. She could almost feel the loathing Amber had for her path. Tiya shot Amber a look and smacked her head lightly with a snort.

"You picked that path Amber. Sure, Physical isn't as flashy and cool to you as the other paths, but it is still strong." Amber looked at Tiya and mumbled something about it not being fair regardless and the rest just sighed.

"What about the species under us? Do they have any abilities?" Lyric thought back to the woman who served drinks and asked. If the Visu had powers, then did their subjects have any as well?

"Some species are more durable and stronger. The UA tend to try and gobble them up, but we have species under us with different traits. Humans are kind of weird though because they don't have anything that defines them..." Isis flicked a finger and Lyric browsed through the information she was given.

"Isis. Remember that Lyric is also a former human. Be considerate please." Serena cut Isis off with a motherly tone that made the latter nod, shooting Lyric an apologetic look.

"It's... fine. Like you didn't want me to change, I don't want to make you uncomfortable because of who I once was either. Just speak as you normally would, I won't hold it against you."

21