Chapter 28: Finding the spell, part 2
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28: Finding the spell, part 2

"You want to check out the abandoned shrine," the innkeeper told Karakon and Anmu. "If there are any lost spells to be had, then they are in there."

"Thank you for the information," Anmu spoke, as he handed a golden coin to the innkeeper. "We would like a single room for tonight."

"No problem," the innkeeper said, and he took the coin. He handed them back three silver coins, and then led them up the stairs. Leaving the two in the room, he went back to the bar.

Anmu looked around the room, and then at Karakon, who was walking towards the bed.

"Do you want to cuddle a bit, before we go to the hot spring?" The dragon asked.

"That sounds nice," Anmu spoke, and he slithered to the bed. Karakon laid down, and Anmu laid next to him, his head on the dragon's chest.

"Anmu, tell me something," Karakon began. "How come someone like you was not taken before Eleric found you?"

Karakon had never understood that. The Naga was delicate and a capable healer. A worthy catch for everyone who came across him.

"Well, I just never thought about being in a relationship before Eleric came along," Anmu admitted. "I had my garden and my house and the occasional traveler for company. That was enough."

"No traveler tried to make you theirs?" Karakon asked. His voice full of disbelief.

"Well, I had a couple of prepositions, but it never worked out. They wanted me to undergo rituals and replace my tail with human legs. I didn't want that," Anmu murmured. He snuggled into Karakon, and wrapped his tail around the dragon's legs.

"Well, it is their loss. I rather like your tail," Karakon spoke, petting the scales under his hand. "It is so vibrant."

"You really like it?" Anmu asked, his eyes twinkling.

"There is nothing that I don't like about you. From your chestnut hair with its golden strands, to your doe eyes and your tail. Your long, vibrant, tail. I love it when you wrap it around my legs," Karakon admitted.

"I like your dragon form," Anmu spoke, a blush on his face. "You are so strong. The perfect mate."

Karakon chuckled at that, and hugged the Naga closer to himself.

"Try to get some sleep. The hot springs are best enjoyed after dark. The cold air above, the hot water and steam below," Karakon closed his eyes, and their breathing soon evened out. When they woke, it was dark outside.

The dragon scooped up the Naga, and carried him without much trouble to the hot springs. Anmu had his face buried into the nape of Karakon's neck the whole time. He didn't want to see the looks they were getting. It was enough that they had gotten a couple of cat calls on their way to the hot spring.

Karakon lowered Anmu in the water, and then began to undress. The Naga made himself comfortable. Diving to the bottom of the spring, and then luxuriating in the feeling of the hot water.

The dragon got into the water, and dived as well. He reached out, and clasped Anmu's right hand in both of his, and then surfaced with the Naga in tow.

Anmu's braid was wet, and Karakon pulled at the silk ribbon at its base, to undo it. He undid the Naga's hair gently, making sure his fingers didn't pull too roughly. 

The vision before him, when he was done, made his breath hitch. Anmu's doe eyes stood out even more when his hair was loose and pooling past his shoulders. The Naga's breath was coming out in soft puffs, goosebumps were littering his skin.

"I love you," Karakon blurted out, as Anmu began to blink up at him. "I care about the others, I mated with them. You, though, I love."

"That is not fair," Anmu spoke. He took Karakon's hand, and rested it on his own cheek. "You should love us all equally. Like how I love everyone in the harem equally."

"They are more Fen's, than mine. But you," Karakon continued, as he gently used his thumb to rub circles into the Naga's skin.

"We are not possessions," Anmu's eyes were narrowed. "We all choose Fen. For different reasons, true, but you can't say you don't love him!"

"Why do you love him," Karakon murmured. He needed to understand Anmu's reasons. To get to know him better.

"He is fighting against his nature. That is something to be admired," Anmu told him. Karakon's thumb traveled down to Anmu's lips.

"Do you fight against your nature?" Karakon asked, amused at the outburst. "You, who is as sweet as honey?"

"You do know I am a monster, right? A Naga, doomed to collect extra mana by eating others. A thief of other's abilities," Anmu lowered his head. Karakon snorted.

"Sweet as honey and uncapable of doing any wrong. Self-sacrificing as well," he insisted.

"If I was not a healer, I could have done terrible things," Anmu murmured. Loud enough so only Karakon could hear.

"You have never done anything bad in your life. I won't believe it," Karakon laughed then, and brought the Naga closer to himself. "Tell me, do you love Eleric? Do you care for Alistair? Do you desire Fen, feel a connection to Sebastian?"

"I do," Anmu admitted.

"And I? Do I have a spot in that big heart of yours?" Karakon asked, sounding hopeful.

"From the moment I laid eyes on you," Anmu admitted, and he was kissed on the forehead then. Then, his eyes were kissed, followed by his nose. Finally, his lips were captured.

"That is all that I need," Karakon told him with a smile. "One day, I will feel all that you feel for the others. But know that, my heart is more yours than theirs. That won't change."

"And you should know that I won't proclaim you my favorite, despite your sweet words," Anmu teased, and Karakon arched an eyebrow.

"You gush over me, beauty. I am your favorite, and that is a fact," the dragon puffed up his chest, and Anmu lightly swatted him on the arm.

"I appreciate you; I love you, but I have no favorites," Anmu insisted. Karakon grinned, and accepted the challenge.

2