21. Duel at Sea
3.7k 7 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A duel?" Biao still had the leisure to interact with the people on shore, "Do they dare?"

"A little boat, not even a weapon system. A piece of crap in my eyes! Hahahaha."

"Quite nimble, but still rubbish. Let's see if you are still nimble in bed when I catch you!"

In this era, no one has time to pity the weak. The fierce competition has made people more belligerent and numb.

Raine made a sharp turn to avoid the boat behind him again and took the opportunity to catch his breath, Raine asked Terry, "Terry, what's a duel?"

"Captain. Normally, the Navy does not allow firefights, but if both sides agree to a duel, then the Navy will not intervene." Terry shook his thrusters hard, "Captain, don't get carried away. They have stone throwers on board, and their ship is bigger than ours."

Raine grunted, "But we can't keep running like this. They're too fast, and we're bound to get caught in the end!"

"Terry, how are we going to duel them?"

Terry was also torn now. The captain was right. They wouldn't last long. There was a glimmer of hope if they dueled. But if they lost, the result would be worse than being caught.

They would be left with nothing!

"Terry, if you still want to protect your daughter, tell me now!"

Terry took a long breath, "Putting up a red flag on the ship means laying down a challenge. And if the other captain also puts up a red flag, it means to accept the challenge. The winning side gets to plunder one-half of the other side's assets. If the other side raises the white flag, they surrender. And the surrender equals half a loss. The winner gets to plunder a quarter of their assets!"

"Good. Guys, we can't run for long. I'm ready to duel them now. Anyone has problems?"

Terry kept his head down and never spoke. Avril, Armin, and Arsan also tensed up.

Eventually, Avril said, "It would be an insult to be caught up, and I'd rather die! There's a glimmer of hope in the duel. I have no doubts!"

"Neither do I! Captain, we are your crew and are willing to follow your orders!"

"Good, Avril, give the battle cry!" Raine bellowed, "Today unless my ship was destroyed, I will not let you be taken from me!"

Avril looked around. Luckily Arsan had a red dress. Otherwise, there wouldn't even be a red flag on the boat.

She slipped the red dress over her oars, stood at the bow, and raised the red flag.

At the sight of this, there was an instant boom around.

"Holy shit, is there any mistake? They're raising the red flag! Is this a duel?"

"Just that little raggedy boat of theirs will duel with Biao's Hufflepuff boat? They don't even have a weapons system."

"Whatever, we will have a good show."

Biao's ship was not the biggest, only medium in this market. But Biao's background was solid. He knows many naval forces, so it was not too much to say that he is a small king here.

And this guy had a stone thrower on his ship, which was already considered rare in a place that did even not hold a candle to the human-class sea area. Most of the ships were here for transport, but they seemed to be here to show off.

Seeing the woman raise the red flag, Biao was also amazed, "Yo, did I read that right? Dueling with us? Are you out of your mind?"

At this point, Raine's boat slowed down. They had already initiated the duel, so there was no need to keep running.

Avril stood at the bow and shouted at Biao at the top of her lungs, "Do you dare to take the duel? You stupid pig! If you wouldn't, fuck off here!"

As they glided up to Raine, Biao looked at Avril's figure with interest and smiled evilly, "Are you kidding me? I can't wait to have some fun with you!"

A man in a white pencil uniform stepped out of his cabin on the navy ship.

As he was so tall that reach two meters, he needed to bow slightly as he emerged from the cabin. Only to reveal his majestic figure when he stood up straight.

He wore a blue jacket, hands in pockets, a cigar in his mouth, and his eyes surveying the crew on the board.

There seemed to be an unusually large number of people on the board today, didn't there? There was a lot of talk going on over there.

Someone saw the man come out and rushed over, "Lieutenant Shobe, come and see. There's a ship dueling over there."

"Eh?" Shobe frowned, held up his jacket on his shoulders, and walked over.

At this moment, not far from the sea, two ships were standing opposite each other at 500 meters. In the middle of the two ships, some naval minion was standing on a boat, holding a red flag ready to fall.

Shobe looked at the two boats and said indifferently, "A 12-meter Hufflepuff boat equipped with a stone thrower, and an eight-meter plank boat, en... not even have a weapon system. What are they going to duel with? Is the captain brain damaged?"

The navy at his side agreed in a hurry, "The captain of that boat is a woman, a beautiful woman, you know..."

Shobe snorted coldly. It was better not to look at such a boring thing.

However, at that moment, his eyes fell on a woman on the plank boat.

The sea breeze blew up her long hair, revealing a piece behind her ear. A moment that an ordinary person would not have noticed, but Shobe was not an ordinary person! He noticed that behind the woman's back, gills were growing!

"A mutant?"

How could he meet a mutant human here? The average mutant has a very good life or at least a big man in human-class waters. Impossible to be bullied by other humans on a small boat.

The Navy is always looking for people with special abilities, such as mutants. They want mutants to join the Navy.

Of course, not only the Navy but also all the major powers are trying their best to recruit mutants.

It can be said that the reason why humans have survived is due to the ships and these strong mutants.

The captains of the most powerful fleets are all mutants.

Shobe looked at those on shore. From their reaction, it seemed that they did not know the news yet. He frowned and said nothing but dismissed the idea of leaving.

In charge of the referee, the navy waved his arm down at that moment. The duel between the two sides began!

As soon as the flag dropped, the muscles in the hands of the strong men in the Hufflepuff boat rippled up, seven pairs of oars swung in unison, four propellers worked quickly and simultaneously, and their boat's speed was increased in a flash.

Avril stood at the bow, ready to follow Raine's command.

"Avoid them first!" Raine intoned firmly, "Speed up, let's play with them!"

112