Chapter 9 “Wounded”
2.4k 4 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William heard someone was talking through the wall next to him, a voice that he didn't recognize at all. It should be another D-Class that was placed next to his cell. The voice was slightly hoarse and a bit heavy. It seems that this person was a little bit old based on the voice itself.

"The food in here ain't too good compared to the food on the outside world, does it?" The man from the next cell continued.

"It's better than nothing, I really need to eat, and I don't have many options regarding what I can eat." William continued talking in a low voice as he ate the meal little by little.

"Heh, you're different from anyone in here, kiddo. So, what's your name?"

William swallowed his food and then said, "William."

"Interesting. The name's Keith or D-3305 in case you prefer that calling a name that those guys gave me." said Keith with a joking tone.

"What do you want? I'm just trying to eat my food here and just going to sleep for the rest of my day. If you don't mind, I'll continue my dinner here." said William.

He was a bit annoyed because he couldn't get a break from all the things that had just happened today. All he wanted was just to end the day with sleep and forget about it afterward.

Keith continued on, "Oh, nothing much. It's just that I find it really interesting that you just arrived in this place and had to go through a rough day on the first job. Really unfortunate for the other two mates that were here before you."

Hearing this, William stopped eating for a moment and asked, "How do you know?"

Keith chuckled and continued, "The cell that you were in now was empty before, and I overheard that you're the new owner of that cell. It was pretty funny that you got a call on your first job not even hours later since your arrival and went out with two other people to assist you."

William listened seriously to his explanation, "Then when you're back. I didn't hear the other two-door cells being opened, which indicates that the most likely scenario to happen is that something must have gone wrong with the job, and you're the only one who survived the situation. Am I right?"

William was left speechless by Keith's words because he got every single thing correct just based on his hearing itself.

"You're quite perceptive, but you're right about that." William then continued to eat the food just as he was finished talking.

Keith laughed for a bit and said, "You're going to learn one or two things when you live this kind of living condition in the future."

William was curious about this person named Keith, so he instinctively asked, "How long have you actually been in this place?"

Keith hummed for a moment and then continued, "I don't know. I lost count of how many days or even weeks I have been here. But what I can tell is I've been here for more than three months."

Inside William's heart, he felt a slight relief knowing that this Foundation doesn't terminate its D-Class once every month. It was better than nothing, even if it meant living with horror by facing those SCP every single day.

He finished with his meal, took one big sip of water, washed his hand on the sink, and put away his tray in the corner of his cell. He then sat on the bed, leaning towards the wall where Keith's voice came from.

"So, what got you into this situation?" William pondered.

"Let's just say it was for the reason of 'treason'" Keith answered.

William thought about it. The last time he asked this question, he made two of his working colleagues die because of an SCP. It was really unfortunate for them, and he guessed that there wasn't much time for them to know each other deeply because someone could die the next day.

Keith then asked, "What about you? what kind of things made you get in trouble to be here?"

William sighed, "Because of a stupid reason, they thought I'm one of the Chaos Insurgency members, and they didn't believe my story that I'm just a passerby."

"Is that so?" Keith laughed for a moment hearing his answer, "The usual guilty until proven innocent by the Foundation."

"Yeah, pretty sucks if you know about it. One moment you wake up out of nowhere, and the next thing that happens, you were caught by them."

"Shit happens. Sometimes even cops would do that if you were happen to be at the crime scene despite the fact that you've done nothing about it. That's life."

"Yeah, I guess so."

William looked at the ceiling, thinking about what he should do later. There was no telling what he would face later the next day nor for how long he had to endure this new life.

William then stood up from his bed, "Nice knowing you. I'm gonna hit the sack. God knows what happens to me next, but at least I had enough rest before it comes."

Keith chuckled, "Of course, you'll need all your energy for the next job, kiddo."

He walked up to the sink in his cell and turned on the tap. He brushed his teeth and washed his face. Then he looked at his own reflection in the mirror. Looking at his messy look in an orange jumpsuit, thinking that he's just going to live in this hell for a while.

He was feeling really tired and walked his way to the bed. He got his foot slipped because he didn't pay attention to his steps and then fell from his knees, and his head hit the door cell with force.

"You okay, kiddo?" asked Keith as he heard the bang on the door.

William, in a dazed state, "Yeah, I'm fine. I slipped my foot on something."

William touches his forehead, but there seems to be blood trickling down from there. He then hurriedly walked up to the mirror on the sink to check the wound, and he found that there was a slit on his forehead skin which caused the blood to be coming out from it.

He washed his forehead to remove as much blood as possible before getting an infection. As he finished washing it down with water, that slit on his forehead was gone, and no blood was coming out from it again. The wound on his forehead had been completely gone.

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

60