Chapter 12 “I Want To Show You Something”
2.3k 5 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Designation Alpha One?

It was an odd identification number for an SCP. They would usually fill it with numbers to fill their catalogs.

"The meeting concluded that we have found irregularities within yourself. The reason for this was, of course, we have at least proved one thing to our finding that you're not from this world. On top of that, your encounter with SCP-173 couldn't be explained, which raises the question on our side."

What happened back then was indeed weird and couldn't be explained by anything. William thought it was just due to pure luck, but Dr. Erik and the other researchers were inclined to disagree with that kind of answer. It may be caused by the anomalous properties that William had before he had gone to this world.

"Do you have anything to say or to give us regarding your encounter with SCP-173?"

William didn't have any answers regarding that moment, and he was as puzzled as the other researchers trying to figure out what could make SCP-173 change its behavior. Which to his knowledge about the SCP Foundation, there isn't any.

"I don't know. I didn't do anything to it, and I just thought SCP-173 had a change of heart." answered William.

"I see."

Right after Dr. Erik finished, William asked, "I have a question. Why 'Alpha One'? Shouldn't SCP Items be numbered for the Foundation to list them?"

"The Foundation doesn't know how to categorize you due to the lack of information. We are currently studying you regarding what anomalies were present, and until then, we should designate you as SCP-A1 for a temporary placeholder."

It was pretty understandable that there are many anomalies in the world, so many that the Foundation had to categorize them depending on the anomaly. There are Log of Anomalous Items, where objects, creatures, or items that could be considered an anomaly but didn't need to be contained due to the lack of urgency. Like a rock that just shines a bright light or a ping pong ball that changes its color every time it is played.

"I see, but what do I do now since I'm no longer a D-Class personnel?" asked William.

"We'll be studying you from now on. Whether that be watching your day-by-day activities or experimenting with something to find out more about your anomalous properties."

He can let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he will no longer have to work as a D-Class to be cannon fodder for an SCP and not a Chaos Insurgency member. But there is still an uneasy feeling that he'll be watched by them every single time and be tested on with something.

William knew that the Foundation would do anything in their way to get data or information regarding what kind of anomaly they were facing, whether by following their orders or by using force when it came to experimenting.

There are some SCPs that were handled by those methods. SCP-076-2 was famous for its rebellious behavior and wouldn't listen to Foundation's orders to the point they had to use force for it. On the other hand, there is SCP-105, which was deemed cooperative when it came to handling her.

With this information, William should obey and be cooperative with them. It could not also give him a leeway about how the Foundation would treat him as an SCP, but it could also gain Foundation's trust to benefit him in the long run.

He raised his hand, "I wanted to show something to you."

Dr. Erik was curious about what he wanted to say. He asked, "What is it?"

"But, in order for me to do that. Can I ask for a knife or anything that is sharp for me to demonstrate?"

"You cannot. Instead, I can give you this."

There was a small and hidden compartment coming out from the walls of his cell. William walked towards the compartment and looked at it. He found a small surgical scissor inside it for him to use.

"You can use that. Please put it back inside the compartment after you're done using it."

William grabbed the surgical scissor that was inside the compartment. He walked towards the camera where Dr. Erik could see it clearly, raised his sleeve, and held the scissor downwards.

He stabbed his arm and created a line of cutting with the ends of the scissor throughout his hand. He was groaning in pain as he demonstrated it, but William kept doing it until it reached his elbow.

He then dropped the scissor to the floor and held his hand high while looking at the camera. On the other side of the room, Dr. Erik focused his eyes on his monitor to analyze what was going on with William's hand.

To his surprise, William's wound gradually healed from what he saw through the monitor. The skin on his hand was repairing by itself by closing off the wound, stopping the blood from flowing on William's hand.

William then cleaned his bloody hand with his orange jumpsuit and showed it to Dr. Erik. It was clear from the camera that his hands were completely healed and unharmed, there was no more blood flowing, and the wound that was created by the scissor was completely gone.

"Fascinating," said Dr. Erik with a little smile on his face.

"This is what I have on my body right now. It seems that I can heal myself when my body is harmed physically. Though, I had no control over what was going on. But it was the only 'abnormal' thing that I have, unlike the others."

William picks up the surgical scissor on the floor that he dropped, and then puts it back into the compartment on the wall. Dr. Erik was noting down everything that had just been said by William on his personal note for him later.

"That was quite informative. There are still some questions and further research regarding what causes it or how it actually works. Could it be that the cells' regeneration inside your body was faster than normal, or there is anything that reconstructs your dea-"

He stopped for a moment in his words, cleared his throat, and then continued, "Sorry about that. It is indeed a quite anomalous property you got. We may need further experiments regarding your body. But fret not. I will try to collect as much data as possible without you having to endure a lot of pain by going through it."

It seems that William had gained a little bit of the Foundation's trust by showing his anomalous ability as a sign of cooperation between the two of them. He would only need to follow their orders, and he'll be left alone most of the time. Because living as an SCP that was contained in the cell room was way much better than becoming a D-Class personnel.

"I think that's enough for today's session. That is all you need to know for your new status, and you will be living in this cell from now on."

Hearing this will be the end of their meeting for today, William asked, "So, what am I supposed to do while I'm here?"

"Sit back and suit yourself up. Because I'll be meeting you again shortly." said Dr. Erik.

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

65