Chapter 11 “Designation Alpha One”
2.3k 7 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was morning, although William couldn't tell from the scenery outside. But he could guess that this was already in the morning. There was another knock on his door, and the door chute was opened. It was time for breakfast, and William grabbed the food tray and ate his breakfast.

He casually ate through his food like a good morning breakfast to energize him up before going to another job for the day. But then there was another knock on his door, and one of the guards came up to him.

"What is it? Another job for the day later? What should I do later?" asked William as he ate his breakfast.

"There won't be any. In fact, you're going to be moved to somewhere else other than here." Answered the guard

Hearing that statement, William stopped eating and then looked at the guard through the door, "Wait, what do you mean by that?"

The guard continued, "As exactly what I just said. The Department said that you were being placed in a new place for you to live in. You'll see what I mean in a moment."

A new place?

William was confused about this because he didn't know what he did to the point he'd get this kind of treatment. He wasn't sure what does this mean, so he could only accept and follow how it went later on.

"Anyway, finish up your meal. After that, I'll take you to the place." The guard then left.

William continued his breakfast, taking his time because they were not in a hurry. After some time, he finished his food, put the tray aside, and went to the sink to wash his face and brush his teeth.

He picked up the toothbrush whose ends had been shaped into a shiv—remembering the night before that, and he tried to use it to cut his hand to prove his point. He brushed his teeth, washed his face, and prepared himself to start the day.

William opened his door cell, only to find out that two guards were waiting for him on the outside. They then pull out a handcuff and start to place it onto William's hand like the usual.

After that, the guard told him to follow their lead. Which should escort William to a new place that the guard had told him before.

As he walked through the corridor of Site-199. There was a slightly uneasy feeling that made him weirded out by it. Some of the personnel looked at him with a weird look, unlike before when they saw him with a sinister look.

It may be because of his current status right now as a D-Class personnel, but that wasn't it. Something was indeed weird today. First, he got a call that he would be moved to a new place. Secondly, people were looking at him with a different feeling than before.

But he guessed that it was just a normal thing that happened in the Foundation and that he just needed to get used to it, or it would only bother him every day. After all, he's at one of the SCP Foundation sites, where all the weird things happen most of the time.

This time, he was brought to a floor that was heading down. He wasn't sure where he was going to be placed, but as he arrived on the floor. William saw one of the signs that were placed on that floor, which reads: Containment Area.

He doesn't like the sound of that. As far as he knows, the Containment Area is where most of the SCPs were being contained. If he doesn't have any job to do for today, then where are they going to? In fact, what does all this mean?

There are labels on the door with symbols and notices regarding what's inside. Who knows what SCP could be in each of these rooms. It was pretty much like the D-Class dormitory, but rather than for D-Class personnel to rest, it was for the SCP to be contained.

They then arrived at a room that was guarded by two guards in front of it. The cuffs on William's hand were removed, and then he was instructed to go inside the room.

Seemingly confused about the situation, he asked, "What do I have to do? What does this mean, and what's going on?"

One of the guards looked at him and answered, "You'll understand later when you're already inside."

The guards then closed the door of his new cell and walked away from the scene. Leaving only William to be inside his new cell.

The cell itself wasn't really that bad. It was larger than his cell before but still had basic needs such as a bed, toilet, sink, etc. Besides that, there was a CCTV and speaker on the wall. It looks more like a normal dorm room, unlike a jail cell like before.

To say that it was better or not, it's certainly an upgrade from before. But regarding what happened and what does it mean, there isn't much to tell William about his current status right now.

"Welcome to your new place, D-1092" A voice can be heard coming out through the speaker. It was a familiar voice for William.

He then replied, "You're that doctor from before, the one who interviewed me when I first arrived at this place."

"It's great for you to remember me, but that isn't important anymore. Of course, you might be asking. Why are you here? What does this mean? And many more questions to come into your mind. But don't worry, I will keep it as simple as I can for you to understand your situation."

William then approached the speakers where Dr. Erik was talking, "Alright then, I'm listening."

"To put it simply, what happened to you yesterday caught the attention of several people in the Foundation. Of course, you know what I'm talking about. But, in case you forgot. When you were in that containment room, you were not killed by SCP-173. It may seem like a normal thing or just a coincidence, but you and I know that wasn't the case, right?"

In William's thought, they found out that there were irregularities within his encounter with SCP-173. He wasn't really sure what could possibly be the reason for it, but it was indeed a strange thing that happened.

"With that reason and some other things that we put to consideration about your presence. It was a unanimous vote that we decided to move you out, categorize you to another identification, and to study about you."

There was a slight pause from Dr. Erik before continuing on with his message.

"SCP-A1 will be your new designated calling name. Any questions, Alpha One?"

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

66